Don't You Cry

I'll still be thinking of you

More two months went by, things were different for everyone now.

Slash was getting tired of the live he was living, all this partying was surely funny, but he missed just staying at home doing nothing. He missed the life he had with Tracy. He missed sitting by her side on the bed, while he played his guitar and she listened to him with adoration. He missed watching her fall asleep in his arms when it was cold. He missed the way they made love and how after they were finished she whispered 'I love you' with a raspy voice. He missed everything about her and that made him miserable. Slash had left once again the one he love heart-broken.

He found himself outside the house the used to call his home. Couldn't decide if he should ring the bell and ask her to forgive him once again. What if she already had someone else? Slash knew he deserved that, she deserved to be happy with someone who wouldn't hurt her like he did, but he wasn't sure if he could stand the pain of knowing she didn't need him anymore. So he just sat by the door.

Maybe Tracy would come out and when she saw him she would know just how much he loved her. He needed her to know. But hours went by and she never opened the door. She didn't even go out to check the mail like she did every morning. He stayed there until the night fell, Slash knew something was wrong. Did she see him through the window and now was avoiding him? That would be fair, but she wasn't that kind of person. Tracy was too proud to stop her routine just to avoid someone.

When he was ready to leave a car stopped in front of the house, he knew that car, it was her besfriend's, Amy, car. His heart beated faster, but soon he realised she wasn't there.

'What are you doing here, Saul?' Amy asked in an angry voice.

'I'm here for Tracy. Where is she?' he asked when he saw Tracy's key in her hands.

'Where do you think she is, idiot?'

'Home, obviously' he said. 'But I guess she isn't?'

Slash followed her inside the house he knew so well. Nothing changed at all, besides the dust that covered the furnishings. It seemed as if it's been some time no one was living there. Amy got in what used to be their room upstairs.

'Well, she's not rich, ya know. She can't get home treatment' Amy said as if it was obvious.

He froze. Home treatment?

'Home treatment? What the hell? Is she sick?' Amy stopped whatever she was doing and looked at him with wide eyes.

'Oh my fucking fuck!' she exclaimed. 'Don't you know?'

'What do you think? Of course not!' he snapped.

'She is dying, Slash! Tracy has lung cancer'

With that Slash's world stopped.