Internally Dead

Chapter 7

*Dream/Flashback*

I felt my father standing in my room. I knew why he was in here. He always came in at the same time every night. He would stand there for almost ten whole minutes. Just staring. He never said anything or moved from his spot at the door. He just stood there and looked at me. I would have like it a lot more if he would have yelled or hit me or something. But he didn't do any of those things and that's what made it so much more frightening. He was waiting to do some-

I sat up quickly in my bed sweating and breathing hard. I didn't want to dream those kind of dreams. Because those weren't dreams. Those were nightmares, awful memories that I would never get rid of.

Danny must have been walking into his room at the time because he saw me when I sat up.

"Bug? You okay?" He asked, walking into my room. Concern was etched into his features.

"I could lie and say I am fine, but you would see right through that. So the truth is, I had a nightmare."

Danny came and sat next to me. "About what exactly?"

"Well, I can't tell you what exactly because I am losing it already. But I do know it was about Dad."

I watched as Danny's face hardened. I didn't know if my brother hated anyone but if he did it would be our father.

"That son of a bitch. I swear if it weren't for the fact that you needed me I would personally go kick his ass."

I put my hand on his shoulder. "Thanks. But its over now. He can't hurt us anymore."

Danny wasn't listening. His eyes were drawn to my arm. Particularly the bruises on them.

"Soph, " he whispered.

"Damn it. I meant to cover those when I got home."

Danny adruptly stood up and hit the nearest wall. He hit it so hard I am surprised he didn't put a hole in it..

"Danny! Danny! Its okay! Its nothing you haven't seen before. Calm down please." I stood up behind him and placed a gentle hand on his back.

He was breathing hard and he had his head leaned against the wall.

"Danny?"

He stood up straight, back still to me. Without saying a word he walked out my room, into his room, and shut the door. I didn't hear anything else out of him for the rest of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
So a little tension. Got to see another side of Danny. He is really upset, huh?

It is 5 am here and I am really tired. So I might have a few if not a lot of mistakes. Please forgive me.

Read, subscribe, and comment please
Enjoy <3