‹ Prequel: You're Not Alone
Status: Complete<3 Thank you to everyone who read! (:

Put Me Back Together

Happy

Emma's POV

Matt was looking at me like he'd seen a ghost. It almost made want to laugh but, I contained that urge. He shook his head in disbelief, "Why are you here? I thought you moved?"

I nodded my head while exhaling a breath, "I did but, when I was in Michigan, I was going through some rough times. The guys came and stayed most of the winter break with me. Brian's Dad convinced my Uncle to let me stay with them."

It was like something clicked in his head, "So that's where they were. They told me they were on vacation." He said while crossing his arms over his chest. That made me shrug my shoulders a little but. "I don't know why they lied to you.."

He moved onto another subject, "So these rough times? Are you better now?" Matt asked and sounded like he actually was concerned. Again, I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm not really sure. Only time will tell but, I wouldn't of gotten through it if it wasn't for the guys."

"So are you back at Huntington Beach High School?" Matt questioned while cocking an eyebrow in my direction. I nodded in response, "Yep. Tomorrow is my first day back." Matt nodded his head, letting it all process. We stood there for a couple seconds when he finally spoke up again.

"It's good to see you again, Emma." He said while showing off those dimples that I used to love so much. Used to. I had to keep telling myself that for some reason. I gave him a shy smile and he handed Brian's phone over to me, "Tell him you found it." He winked and walked past me.

He stopped and his head was right by mine, "See you tomorrow." His breath trickled down my neck and it caused me to get shivers. Once he walked away, I was left standing there questioning myself what the heck just happened.

"Emma!" I turned around to see Brian and Jimmy making their way over to me. Brian frowned when he saw his phone in my hand. I chuckled and handed it to him, "I found it on the ground before the woods." Jimmy hit Brian's shoulder, "You idiot!"

Brian rolled his eyes at him and then looked back at me, "Wanna head into town with Jimmy and I?" He asked and I looked at the time on my phone. 6:45pm. I shrugged my shoulders and nodded. "Sure, why not?"

Jimmy clapped his hands together like a 5 year old and picked me up right off my feet. "Yay! I get to spend time with my Emmerz." That made me roll my eyes and he kept walking with me still in his arms.

"Can I walk?" I asked with a small chuckle escaping my lips.

He shook his head, "Nope, I shall carry you."

The whole night Brian, Jimmy, and I all hung out. We just roamed the streets and talked. This was what I loved, just spending time with them. It was amazing. It was going on 10pm so, Brian and I started out walk back home. It was a comfortable silence between the two of us and I was just waiting for something to ruin it.

"How are you?" Brian broke the silence.

I gave him a sideways glance, "What do you mean?"

He was giving me a serious look, "How are you feeling with everything? We haven't had any time to talk about everything. I just want to make sure your okay."

Brian was right. We didn't have any time to talk about everything. It made me smile that he was always looking out for me. That was exactly what I did, I smiled at him. "I'm doing better. A lot better not that I'm home."

"That's what I want to hear." He said while wrapping his arm around my shoulder. It felt right. I don't know how else to describe it. I just felt like myself when I was around him. Maybe it was just because of how close we always were.

We got back to the house and went our separate ways once we were inside. I curled up on my bed and found myself feeling happy once again. For once in my life I was happy to be going back to school.

***


Normal. That's exactly what it felt like. I was in the car with Brian riding the School with Metallica blaring through his speakers. It was just the way I liked it. It felt like those past 6 months away from the guys didn't even exist. I was feeling so happy, nothing could bring me down.

"Back to hell... yay!" Brian said with a forced smile as he parked the car. I rolled my eyes and shrugged, "I'm excited."

He cocked an eyebrow at me, "Who are you and what have you done with Emma?"

I rolled my eyes again and chuckled, "Very funny. I'm just happy to be back at a place with all of my friends. I didn't talk to anyone at the school in Michigan."

Brian frowned, "We are not going to be dealing with shy Emma here. I will force you talk to us if I have to. Don't worry, it'll be like you never left." His frown turned into a smile.

We headed into the School and he went to the table where everyone was to get their new schedules for the new semester. I had to go to the Office to get mine. I walked into the Office and Ms. Phy smiled at me from behind the desk, "Emma, I have some very pleasant news for you."

I gave her a questioning look, "What's that?"

"All those AP classes you took in Michigan paid off. You're now a Senior and only have a few more credits to finish up." She said with a smile on her face.

It all clicked in my head and a smile started to form on my face, "So, that means.."

"-You will now have classes with all of the guys." Ms. Phy finished my sentence and handed me my schedule, "Have a great day and welcome back." I said thanks and exited the Office.

I found Jimmy, Zack, and Brian by the lockers comparing their schedules. I made my way over to them and of course Jimmy pulled me into a hug before I could speak, "My little Emma bear! It's so good to see you!"

"Yeah, I got to tell you guys something-"

Jimmy cut me off, "No, don't be rude. Tell me it's good to see me too!" He said in a disapproving manner while letting go of me.

I rolled my eyes, "It's good to see you too, Jimmy." I turned my attention back to the guys, "Anyways-"

"Tell me you love me." Jimmy interrupted me with a grin on his face.

A groan escaped my lips and I looked at Jimmy, "I love you."

He smiled and clasped his hands together, "Yay!"

"As I was saying, I took some AP classes in Michigan and I guess I got enough credits because now, I'm a Senior." I said while raising my schedule in the air.

They all smiled. Zack grabbed the paper from me, "No way!" He examined it and smiled. "We have 2nd, 3rd, and 4th hour together!"

Jimmy took it and patted my arm excitedly, "We have 6th hour together!" I smiled and Brian took the paper from Jimmy. He looked closely at it and looked up from it, "We have every hour together except 1st hour."

For some reason that made my stomach get a weird feeling in it. I was really relieved that I had a lot of classes with them now. Before, I had classes with because they failed it the year before but, now I'm in the same grade as them.

"Poor Johnny... he's such a loner in 10th grade." Zack said with a chuckle.

Brian and Jimmy laughed and I pointed my finger at him, "Hey! I was a 10th grader last year so, don't be making fun of him."

"-Making fun of who?" Johnny asked while walking up beside me and Zack.

Jimmy grinned like a goofball, "Speak of the Gnome and he shall appear." Everyone laughed and Johnny crossed his arms. I couldn't help but let a chuckle escape. That was actually really funny.

The bell rang for first hour and I said my good-byes to the guys. I headed off to Photography. This was the only class that I didn't have one of the guys in. I sat down in an empty desk and started to doodle on my schedule.

"Look who it is." I raised my head to see Mason, the guy who used to start shit with me all the time last year, smirking at me. "I thought you moved because your parents OD on painkillers."

A pain of sadness passed through me and I shook my head, just trying to ignore him. I guess there was always going to be something or someone trying to ruin my day.

Mason chuckled darkly, "Oh, you're still mute too, huh?"

"Why don't you pick on someone your own size?" I heard that deep husky voice. Mason turned around and sure enough, it was Matt standing there with his arms crossed.

Mason tensed up but, never the less went and walked to the back of the room. Matt gave me a small smile and just so happened to take the seat next to me. This was going to be one interesting semester.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I think I know who this is going to end. We still have lots of chapters to come, I just needed to plan everything out before I continued. I also changed the banner/layout. I don't know why, I wasn't feeling the other one too much.

Thanks to the following people who left comments on the previous chapter:
KaelynKatastrophe
shortygirl
FaBzShadows
awake my soul;
gothique4
A7X-PapaRoachLvr
AshlynnTheRevLover
A7xMeredith15
Jimmy.Sullivan
Star Angel
JustThinking
Spoileddxbrat
OhMyVengenz
SabbyFreakShow
kabyy
XxRebeccaLeexX
isinhapaula
CiaraVengeance
Your guys lovely comments and patience have helped me continue this story so, thank you! ♥