‹ Prequel: You're Not Alone
Status: Complete<3 Thank you to everyone who read! (:

Put Me Back Together

Coming To Terms

Emma's POV

"Just call or text me when you want to be picked up." Brian said while, I was getting my book bag out of my locker. I shook my head at him, "No, it's fine. I'm sure Zee can drive me home."

He nodded, "Alright, but if he can't, call me."

I gave him a reassuring smile, "I will."

Brian leaned down and kissed my cheek. My face turned bright red and he walked out the school entrance. I stood there holding my cheek where his lips just were. My heart beat was trying to gain control. I bit my lip wondering why I was acting like this.

"Aw, man! I was hoping to see some lip action!" Zack made his presence known and I rolled my eyes at him. That made him grin even more, "You know you love him."

I just shrugged as a response. I wasn't sure what I wanted anymore. The only thing I was trying to concentrate on was staying in a good place and trying to never go back to that dark state.

Zack pulled me out of my trance by draping his arm around my shoulders, "Well, baby girl. Time to see us rock out." I chuckled and he guided me out of the School. Once we were in his beat up car, he didn't waste any time by putting the radio on.

I watched him put a CD in and wondered what it was. Once I heard the guitars come on, I turned to Zack and smiled. "Aw, you remembered."

"Course' I did." Zack said like it was stupid of me to think he would forget. The song that was playing was Enter Sandman by Metallica. Brian, Zack, and I always used to drive around singing or should I say screaming the lyrics to it.

Zack and I used to consider it our song since, Brian and I had Nothing Else Matters as our song.

All the way to Matt's, Zack and I were singing the lyrics. It felt just like old times. He parked his car right behind Matt's. We got out and headed to the Garage. The last time I officially was at Matt's house was when Jimmy got kicked out of his house and refused to tell me. That was so long ago.

We got into the same Garage I used to watch them practice all the time and I saw Jimmy behind his drum kit already. Johnny was setting his bass up and Matt was talking to a girl with dark hair. I got curious and Matt noticed we were here.

He smiled and motioned me to come over, "Emma. This is my girlfriend Val." He gestured to brunette and she smiled in my direction, "Hi, Emma. It's so good to finally meet you. Matt has said some awesome things about you!" She reached her hand out.

I shook and smiled, "It's good to meet you as well, and I'm glad it wasn't anything bad." I said while giving Matt a weird glance. I was shocked he actually talked to his girlfriend about me.

Val chuckled, "Matt's a sweetheart. He doesn't talk shit about anybody... Unless it's Brian Haner." The made me tense up and Matt rolled his eyes.

"That's not true.. I just think he's being an over-dramatic baby." Matt said while shrugging his shoulders.

This made Val snort, "That's not what you said yesterday-" Matt cut her off with a glare and I was far too interested in the conversation. I looked at Val, "What did he say?"

She ignored Matt, "He was saying that he was an asshole and he was glad he was out of the band, because he isn't even that good-"

"Emmmmaaaa!" Jimmy attacked me in a 'death hug'. I rolled my eyes as he made sure not to make us fall to the ground. "Jimmy, you gotta stop with these death hugs. One of these days, you're going to break me." I said with a chuckle.

He let go and kissed the top of my head, "I'm sorry, butter cup. I just can't help myself. You're just a really hug-able person!"

"Is that even possible?" I asked while cocking an eyebrow at him.

Jimmy shrugged, "I don't know, but you are." He pinched my cheek and I pushed his hand away which caused him to laugh.

Matt cleared his throat, "Alright, time to practice. Emma, you can sit with Val." I nodded and sat down next to Val on the couch while the guys started everything up.

Since no one could interrupt us, I decided to question Val more on what Matt says about Brian. It shouldn't bother me, but for some reason it does. I nudged her, "So that's what Matt really said?"

Val nodded, "Yeah. He really doesn't like Brian. He told me that it was, because Brian stole his girlfriend a while ago and that he's just an asshole in general."

I frowned, "You're his girlfriend though. Why should that matter?" I asked while biting my lip, knowing that I was the 'girlfriend'.

She sighed, "I have no clue. I just know whenever someone even mentions Brian's name, Matt yells at them. Matt said whenever he gets the chance, he's going to knock his lights out."

I started to feel extremely uncomfortable. Matt really didn't like Brian and that was because of me. Brian never stole me. Matt was the one who dumped me, why the fuck is acting like this?

"How did that sound, Emma?" Matt interrupted my thoughts.

I gave him a smile and a thumbs up as a response. He smiled back and continued onto their next song. During their whole practice, I was just thinking about Brian.

They finally finished and Matt walked over to Val and I. He kissed Val's cheek and smiled at me, "I'm glad you came. It sucks not being able to have you around. You gotta come around more often."

I just nodded uneasily, "Yeah, sure."

Matt then looked at Val, "Hey do you think you could give Emma and I a minute alone?" She nodded and followed the rest of the guys into the house.

Again, I started to feel uncomfortable, but Matt started to talk. "Emma, I just want to apologize for anything I put you through. If Brian didn't involve himself in the first place, maybe things would be different right now."

I could feel the anger rising inside of me, I had to let it out. A while ago, I would cut to let it out, but I know words would do the job. "Let's get things straight." I said while standing to my feet.

"1. Brian didn't steal me away from you! You broke up with me if you don't remember! 2. It shouldn't even fucking matter, because you have a girlfriend! and 3. The only person you should be angry at is yourself! I seriously thought you changed, Matt. I guess I thought wrong." I said while getting ready to walk out of the garage.

He stopped me of course, "Emma, wait. You're right, Emma. I am angry at myself."

"Good." I said while crossing my arms over my chest.

Matt continued on, "I'm angry at myself for letting you go."

I shook my head to protest, but he cut me off. "Emma, just give me a chance. I told you, I'm sorry for everything I put you through and you thought right. I did change. I'm not the same Matt anymore."

"A chance for what? You have a girlfriend, Matt. In case you didn't know." I said sarcastically while rolling my eyes.

He sighed, "I know."

"And you keep saying all this shit about Brian that isn't even true! You're saying he's being an over-dramatic baby, I think you need to look in the mirror." I said while walking out of the garage not being able to listen to his bullshit any longer.

Matt called after me, "Fine, whatever! Don't come crawling to me when he breaks your heart!"

That made me roll my eyes as I pulled out my cellphone. I dialed his number and pressed it up to my ear. He picked up on the 2nd ring, "Hey, Emma. How's everything going with Zack?"

A sigh escaped my lips, "Can you pick me up from Matt's?"

Brian got confused and some what angry, "What are you doing at Matt's? I thought you were hanging out with Zack?"

"I did, but I watched their band practice-"

He cut me off, "Oh, so that's why you couldn't go have food with me. You rather be with Matt? Huh, well why don't you ask Matt to drive you home." The call ended there.

Tears started to fill up in my eyes and I decided to try and text him. Bri, I'm sorry, okay? I'm really fucking sorry. I shouldn't of even came. You were right about him, he's an asshole. I'm just feeling really overwhelmed right now and I need to come home. If you don't want to come get me, that's fine. I guess.

A few seconds passed and I got his reply. Be right there. Relief washed over me and the garage door opened. Johnny walked out with a frown on his face, "What are you doing out here? Matt told everyone you left."

"I am." I said while shrugging, "Brian is picking me up."

Johnny got closer and narrowed his eyes, "Are you crying? Emma, what's wrong?" He asked while pulling me into a hug.

That made me sniffle and again I shrugged, "I don't know. Just overwhelmed, I guess."

He let go and rubbed my arm, "Did Matt say something?" He asked cautiously and I shook my head, "It's doesn't matter. I just thought he changed."

Johnny was about to say something, but Brian's truck pulled into the driveway. I gave Johnny a small smile, "I'll text you later. Tell Zack and Jimmy I said bye." He nodded and I headed for Brian's truck.

I wiped my eyes before getting in. Once I was in, I put my seat belt on and Brian pulled out of Matt's driveway. He started driving and everything Matt said was racing through my mind. Everything Brian has ever said about Matt was going through my mind as well. It was becoming too much to handle. I didn't even notice we were home, until Brian cleared his throat. I snapped out of my thoughts and just sat there. I didn't feel like moving.

Brian un-did his seat belt and grabbed my hand gently, "I'm sorry."

"For what?" I asked while looking up into his chocolate filled eyes.

He traced the back of my hand with his thumb, "Just for everything. If you want to hang out with Matt, it's your decision. I can't tell you what to do." I just nodded in response.

This made him curious, "What did he say to you?"

I didn't feel like talking and for some reason, I leaned forward and crashed my lips against his. Brian was definitely taken by surprise and I started to think he would pull away. He took me by surprise and deepened the kiss. I let my arms wrap around his neck and he went to pull me closer, but I still had my seat belt on. We both chuckled into each other's mouths and I un-did my seat belt. He pulled me onto his lap and his tongue entered my mouth. Both our tongues battled for dominance which he won. I pulled away for some air, but Brian's mouth moved to my neck and I had my arms wrapped around him. Before we got too carried away, I sat next to him and cuddled up to his side. He wrapped his arms around me, tightly knowing that was the way I liked to be held.

My heart was racing and I knew right there that the spark was still there.
♠ ♠ ♠
-Okay, long update because I have a lot of personal things going on right now and I hate giving you guys excuses, because I think if you're writing a story, it's your obligation to finish it, but sometimes things come in the way. Which I want to apologize for.

I hope this long chapter makes up for it? Only about 4-5 more chapters left, maybe more. I'm not exactly sure.

Thanks to the lovely and patient people who left comments on the previous chapter:
Spoileddxbrat
FaBzShadows
shortygirl
A7X-PapaRoachLvr
JustThinking
SabbyHasAHeart
Jimmy.Sullivan
kabyy
Take_A_Chance
You guys are wonderful and I thank you for sticking with me! ♥

Also, I think if you guys could get me to 300 comments, there shall be an update tomorrow with a gif spam with your names on it. ;D