‹ Prequel: You're Not Alone
Status: Complete<3 Thank you to everyone who read! (:

Put Me Back Together

Practice

Emma's POV

It was lunch time and I was sitting by the guys like any other time. Brian was sitting next to me with his arm around my waist. He loved people knowing that I was his. I didn't think I had a problem with it.

"Hey, guys."

Brian and I turned our heads to see Matt standing there with his hands shoved into his pockets. I bit my lip while eying Brian. I wasn't sure what he was going to do or say.

He tightened his grip around me without saying a word to Matt. The others said hi to him and Matt looked at Brian, "Look, Brian. I want to apologize for everything I put you through. I was a complete dick head and I apologize."

I noticed Jimmy starting to smile and I wasn't that far yet. We weren't even sure what Brian was going to say. Brian turned his head to look at me and I gave him one of those 'go-on' kind of looks.

He sighed and turned his head back to Matt, "It's cool, I guess."

Matt smiled and seemed to relax a bit, "Dude, we need you back in the band. No offense to Zack, but he can't cover the lead."

Brian snickered and Zack protested, "HEY! I'm not that bad!"

"Yeah, that bad." Matt said with a chuckle.

I gave Zack a sympathetic smile and he laughed too. He knew the guys were just fucking with him. Matt cocked an eyebrow in Brian's direction, "So, what do you say?"

"I say what the hell? As long as you don't give me any shit anymore." Brian said while eying Matt.

Matt shook his head and put his hand over his heart, "Scouts honor. I'm happy you and Emma are together. I wish you guys nothing, but the best."

A smile formed on my lips as Brian smiled at him, "Thanks, Dude."

Jimmy clapped his hands together, "Aw! That's so cute! You guys need to hug now!"

We all started laughing and Brian rolled his eyes. Matt of course didn't deny Jimmy's suggestion. They did a 'guy' hug and Brian sat back down next to me.

Johnny grinned at Matt, "Are you going to sit with us now?"

He nodded, "Yeah, let me go get Val." Matt walked off and I wrapped my arm around Brian's arm. I placed my head on his shoulder and sighed contently, "I'm glad you guys made up."

"Me too." Brian said while kissing the top of my head.

***


The rest of the day went by in a blur. I was walking hand in hand with Brian to his truck. We were going to go to Matt's for Brian's first official band practice back. This day really couldn't get any better.

"Are you excited?" I asked Brian while getting into the truck.

He shrugged, "Not really."

A frown formed on my lips, "I thought you were cool with Matt now?"

Brian started his truck up and turned his head in my direction, "Do you want to know the real reason why I forgave him?" I nodded, now suddenly interested in it.

"I did it, because I knew you wanted me to. I'm not going to forget what he did to you." Brian said with hands gripped tightly on the steering wheel.

That made me groan and cross my arms over my chest, "I knew it was too good to be true."

Brian sighed, "I'll play nice, but I'm not going to just forget, Emma."

"Why? I did. He apologized! He just wants to be friends, that's all. You need to learn to forgive and forget." I said while turning my head towards the window.

Brian put his truck in gear, "Well, I'm sorry. I can't just forgive him so easily."

The whole ride to Matt's house was quiet. I didn't even want to go knowing Brian didn't even want to go. He parked his truck behind Jimmy's car and we got out.

He grabbed his guitar out of the back seat and we walked up the driveway. I was walking far away from him, because I kind of felt bad since he only forgave Matt because I wanted him too.

Once we got in the garage, all the guys were the setting up. Jimmy greeted Brian and Zack came over to me, "Hey Em. I'm surprised you guys made it on time, I figured you'd be making out in Bri's truck."

That made chuckle uneasily and Zack noticed right off the bat, "What's wrong?"

Matt walked in the garage, "Let's get this shit rolling, guys."

Zack sighed, "Tell me later?" He asked and I nodded.

I was surprised not to see Matt's girlfriend here. I was sitting on the couch while they started practicing. They still had the same songs, so it wasn't hard for Brian to get back in the groove. Hearing them play yesterday without Brian and now hearing them with Brian, makes me realize they do need him.

After about 2 hours of practice, they finally stopped. Matt was drinking a water bottle and pointed at me, "Tomorrow, you want to work on our project?"

"Sure." I said while shrugging my shoulders.

Brian was packing his guitar back up in his case and Matt patted his shoulder, "That sounded great, man. It's good to have you back." He mumbled a 'It's-good-to-be-back' and I rolled my eyes.

Jimmy decided to change the subject, "Who wants to get hammered tonight?"

I shook my head, "Jimmy, it's a School night."

"It's never stopped us before." He said while shrugging.

Johnny agreed, "I'm done."

Matt shrugged, "Sure, why not."

"Fuck School." Zack said while agreeing with them.

I looked at Brian and he grinned at Jimmy, "Sounds like a fucking plan, Jimmy." A sigh escaped my lips, knowing tonight wasn't going to end well.

Jimmy raised his hand in the air, "To the spot we go!"

They all left the garage, but Brian and I. He walked over to me and I shook my head at him, "Your Dad isn't going to like you coming home drunk."

Brian shrugged, clearly not giving a fuck. "Oh, well."

I reached out and grabbed his hand to slip my fingers through his, "Bri, come on. Let's just go home, watch a movie, and go to bed. I don't want you getting drunk tonight."

He sighed heavily, "I'll be fine. You can go home if you want, I can drop you off?" Brian suggested and I knew that was a bad idea, so I took a deep breath and exhaled loudly, "Let's get this over with."

With Brian not really okay with Matt and Matt only saying that stuff to get me to be friends with him, I know something was going to happen tonight. I'm just afraid of what it is.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to the following people who left comments on the previous chapter:
KmSlove
shortygirl
FaBzShadows
Jimmy.Sullivan
SabbyHasAHeart
JustThinking
Star Angel
A7X-PapaRoachLvr
itsjackz
You guys are amazing! ♥

THANK YOU FOR 300+ COMMENTS!

Here's your Gif spam, like I promised. ;D

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Thank you so much! I love you guys! ♥

I started 2 new stories that are updated frequently, if you want to check them out they are:

One In The Same -It's a Jimmy Sullivan father/daughter story.

Protecting Her -It's a Brian Haner Jr fan fiction.