Status: Work In Progress

My White Knight

deux

The chime of the bells rang through the castle, I picked at my food not daring to look up. I heard the laughing crowds of people leaving the great hall, soon their laughter and foot steps faded and I dared to glance up. A few students were spread throughout the hall but it looked safe to go. I stood up and rushed out of the hall before anyone could notice me. I stared down at the floor as I headed towards the dungeons. Two months and not a word from him, I knew I should not have said those things. Draco told me when I got into this that I was nothing, that there were girls like me throwing them at him left and right. He told me he chose me, so I should feel special and not question his actions. I glanced up just in time to see a firm chest meeting my face in the most uncomfortable way.

"Watch where you are going Greengrass." As the voice fell upon my ears it felt as though I had been burned, I pushed back stumbling slightly. I stared up into the grey eyes that had once been so familiar and almost warm to me, now they were like stone.

"Okay." I knew I sounded weak and pathetic but I can no longer muster the energy to fight him. His face seemed to change in that instant and soon we were in a tiny alcove and I was shoved against the wall. Stones were stabbing into my bag, ice cold and making me shiver.

"What the heck are you trying to do Greengrass? You messed everything up and now you make me watch you wither away to nothing. God when was the last time you ate?" My eyes widened the longer he spoke, his tone was harsh and forceful but the words contradicted everything. He kept talking pushing me more roughly against the wall, his hands holding my arms alarmingly tight. I was unaware of the people passing us by, the laughter fading pass as classes started. My eyes stared up into cold steel, his fingers dug deeper into my arms. Suddenly I shook my head and looked away from those scorching eyes. Something sparked within me reminding me of who I was.

"I didn't ruin everything Malfoy you did! It shouldn't matter to you what happens to me, remember like you said we are out of each other's lives. Why don't you go pull your new girl into an alcove?" I tried to yank my arms free, my breathing was shallow breaths. I made it only a few feet before I felt myself yanked back into the alcove and searing lips on mine. I gasped out against his lips and fought against his chest. The kiss was deep and bruising, making me shake and my fists stopped pounding and just gripped his robes. I kissed back fiercely pulling him down closer until our bodies locked together. I felt him groan as our bodies touched, it had been months since our bodies had met like this but they still fit together perfectly. His lips were off mine kissing down my jaw to my neck, hot fiery kisses left along my skin. As he whispered my name, the fog in my mind instantly cleared.

I shoved Malfoy hard and ran. I knew that I should have wanted to stay, I was finally getting something I wanted which was him caring. But I knew it would not last long in a second he would be back to the normal Malfoy. He would dismiss me for other girls, ignore my presence, sneer and laugh every time I stumbled over my words. Nothing would have changed, and I would still be alone. My feet pounded against the stone floor as I raced through the castle, I looked around blindly searching for somewhere to just sit and think for a moment.

I turned into an empty class room and slid down the wall to the floor. I let out a shaky breath and tried to focus on something so the world would stop spinning. I closed my eyes tightly and hid my face in my knees, why does he always do this to me? I tried to breathe and slowly opened my eyes looking into the empty classroom. I gasped as I stared into two very confused brown eyes.

"Dobby is not good at this but Dobby was wondering why such a pretty girl was crying." I watched as the house elf stared at me and tried to figure out what to say.

"Just boy problems nothing to worry about." The house elf nodded and headed for the door mumbling something.

"If Dobby may he would like to say that no boy is worth making such a pretty girl like you cry." After the house elf left I sat and stared into the room trying to sort out everything. Maybe that house elf was right, maybe Draco isn't worth it. But if he wasn't worth it why would being away from him hurt this bad?