Status: active

We'll Fall in Love After Midnight

f o u r t e e n.

Warped finally ended about a week ago. It was one of the best summers I've ever had. Even though it was sad to leave my new friends, I was happy to get back to my usual life and see all my friends, especially Alex. It's weird spending almost the entire summer without your main partner in crime.

Mike went home to San Diego after the last date but is coming out to Los Angeles today to see me for a few days. We still weren't official and that was okay with me. As long as I meant something, being together was the least of my worries.

Austin tried texting me a few times, mainly to see when I'd be home and to say he misses me. I didn't bother replying to anything. If he wanted to know when I'd be home he could easily google the Warped dates. No matter how many texts he sent, I still didn't feel bad for leaving him. Maybe I was lying to myself.

-

Austin's POV

I finally decided to go to Maci's apartment. I knew she would be home from tour by now and I'd be able to talk to her. I sat in my car for a few minutes before deciding to get out; my nerves getting the best of me. I finally got out and started walking from the parking lot. I could hear familiar talking from the swimming pool as i started to walk past the gates. I stopped for a second when I got closer and recognized it as her voice.

Mike's arms were around her and he noticed me standing there when he stopped kissing her. She turned her head to see what he was looking at. He face dropped when she saw me and let go of her new boyfriend. I swallowed all the confidence I built up to finally see her and continued to walk towards her apartment.

They came up a few minutes later wrapped in beach towels. Neither of them looked at me as she unlocked the door. He went in first, immediately going to her bedroom.

She finally looked at me, "what are you doing here, Austin?"

"I just want to talk," I said quietly.

She sighed, "okay, let me go change and I'll let you in in a minute."

I nodded and she closed the door. I leaned against the wall and run my fingers through my hair. I wasn't expecting him to be here and that killed me. Shouldn't he be off fucking her over or something? The door opened a few minutes later making me stop thinking about shit.

"Come in," she said, opening the door more for me to come in. She was no longer in a leopard bikini. Instead she was in booty shorts and one of my plain American Apparel hoodies; I don't think she remembered that was mine.

We both sat on the couch, she sat cross legged facing me. I looked at her unsure of where to start. She looked like she just wanted me to hurry up and get it over with.

"I didn't want this to be over a text or the phone because that's to ignore me or hangup," I started. "I just... I miss you, Maci and I'm sorry. I'm admitting to fucking up many times and being an asshole. I took you for granted and used you. It was a mistake, a childish mistake that only a stupid boy would make. I'm not trying to say, 'hey, you and your boyfriend should breakup and you should love me forever', I just want to apologize." She stared at me when sadness in her eyes and her lips were slightly parted.

"Well.. thanks for apologizing. I'm surprised you actually came all the way here to do that. I can tell from the way you're looking at me, and all those texts from the last few weeks, that you do want me back," she said.

I stared at her. How did she know I was lying on that last part? Is it that obvious that I want her back? "Yeah, I guess I'd be lying if I said I didn't want you back. You're still my everything, Maci. You'll always be that girl I'll want."

"I'm not dating Him. He means a lot to me though and I can't just do that to him. I love him." Hearing her saying that broke my heart even more. She loves him, not me. Fuck.

I didn't know what to say. I looked away from her and turned my attention to the white carpet. I grew angry as I thought more and more about all of this.

"What makes him so much better than me?" I looked at her. "He's in a band, too. What makes you think he won't cheat on you too?!" I shouted at her unintentionally.

Maci stood up and pointed at the door, tears falling, "get out."

I stood up and walked towards her, "no, tell me! What makes you think he won't do the same things I did to you? Guess what, he will and you'll be crying for me! He's just another guy that will fuck you 'til he gets bored with you, just like the rest of us did."

She pushed me away, hitting my chest, as I got closer. She looked intimidated as I towered over her, looking down at her small body. Tears were leaving her eyes more rapidly than they were before. "Because I know he won't! You have no right to talk about him like that, you know nothing about him! He loves me and treats me how I should have always been treated!" She yelled.

I shook my head, "you're so fucking naive, Maci. Oh and by the way, I found out you were fucking him long before this summer. So I guess we're equal but you still look like the stupid whore in the end."

I finally walked away and slammed the door shut. Fuck her. Fuck him. Fuck everything that has been holding back my happiness these past few months. Fuck me for not taking control of what matters. I'm moving on to bigger and better things (if that's possible when it comes to Maci Westfall).

End Austin's POV

-

Mike's POV

My heart skipped a few beats as I watched Maci change into her bikini. I don't know how I kept myself from getting a boner. She looked so hot in her teeny tiny leopard bikini; she'd look hotter with it on the floor.

I gave her a piggy back ride down to the pool. She sucked on my neck the whole way down, driving me crazy. I set her down once we got down there and both got into the water. It the perfect temperature for night swimming.

Maci wrapped her arms around my neck and legs around my hips. I smiled and kissed her, holding her underwater. She looked gorgeous with no makeup on, the lights in the pool and the mood the only things allowing us to see each other.

"I don't want you to leave next week," she said, sticking out her bottom lip.

I bit at it and kissed her, "I'll be back in 3 weeks and we can hangout then."

"You better not forget about me around all those European girls."

I smiled and shook my head, "you're impossible to forget."

We made out for a few minutes. I pulled away and noticed someone standing by the gates; Austin. He looked like someone just shot him. Maci turned to look at him as he walked away.

"Should we go?" I asked.

"Yeah."

We got out of the pool, wrapping ourselves in towels. We hurried up to her apartment where he was leaning against the wall. Maci unlocked the door and I went to her bedroom while she stopped to say something to him. We quickly rinsed off in the shower and got dressed in comfier clothes.

"Just wait in here while I go talk to him," she said quietly.

"Okay," I kissed her.

She closed the door behind her. I sat on the bed and started texting some of my friends. I could hear them talking clearly in the living room. I knew this was going to happen. He was going to come here and say all these sweet things to her, which I knew would get to her. I knew she still loved him. I saw that he would text her and every time she saw them, her mood changed. She would seem sad and after a few minutes or hours, she would go back to normal. I never said anything though because you can't expect someone to move on quickly after all they've been through.

Hearing them yell made me feel uncomfortable. I wanted to go out there and beat the shit out of this kid. I stopped myself because I knew if I punched him, I wouldn't stop. The front door slammed shut, shaking the pictures on the wall in her bedroom.

I walked out of the bedroom and saw her sitting on the couch crying into her hands. I went over to the door and locked the door just in case he decided to come back. I sat next to her, wrapping my arms around her.

"It's going to be okay," I said quietly, resting my chin on her head.

She continued to cry and shake in my arms. Her small hands gripped onto my shirt while her tears made it wet. All I could was rub her back and whisper, 'shh' to her. She finally stopped to look up and kiss me. I held the sides of her head, locking my fingers into her hair.

"Don't ever leave me, Mikey," she rested her cheek against my chest.

"I won't," I whispered. (as long as you never leave me).
♠ ♠ ♠
what'd you think of seeing that situation in both the guy's minds?