Status: active

We'll Fall in Love After Midnight

t h i r t y s e v e n.

I looked at myself in the mirror, waiting for my husband to walk in through the door. My stomach remained flat, despite learning something new last week. I was waiting to tell him when he came home from tour to make this more special. The door opened, making my heart beat faster as I walked out of the bathroom. As soon as he was in the door he was all over me. I giggled and pushed him slightly off of me, "what's the rush?"

"Baby makin' time, duh!" He started taking his shirt off, leading me to the bedroom.

I laughed awkwardly and put my hand on his chest, "I don't feel well enough to do anything physical. I promise we can later tonight."

His smile dropped and he laid on the bed, "you are such a boner killer."

I straddled him on the bed and kissed him. My fingers cupped his scruffy face before going into his scruffy hair, tugging on it. My heart was beating out of my chest from longing to do this for weeks. I didn't realize how much I had missed him until now. I pulled away and laid my head on his chest as he rested his hands together on my lower back.

"You have no idea how much I missed you," he whispered. I stayed silent and took in his presence for ten minutes before he began to sit up. "I wanna take a shower. I feel gross."

"Okay," I got off of him.

I went into the living room while he went to shower. I grabbed all his luggage and dragged it into the laundry room to begin sorting it for him. The smell of tour burned my nostrils; sweat, alcohol, and weed. I started throwing his clothes into piles until I stopped when I found a thong and condom wrappers mixed in. My stomach turned and I felt tears come to my eyes. The shower stopped a minute later, giving me a few minutes to try and get my head wrapped around this.

"Aw thanks babe for starting my laundry," Austin said as he walked into the living room. I wiped my eyes and got up, following him. "Baby, what's wrong?"

"This was a mistake," I shook my head.

"What are you talking about?" He looked confused.

"I thought you were changed, Austin. I really thought you did. Marrying you was just another mistake."

"Maci...I really have no idea what you're talking about."

I threw the panties at him, "maybe these will remind you, asshole!"

Austin caught them and looked at the cotton string. He looked at me, "Baby, let me explain."

"You're such a piece of shit!" I screamed and begin crying. "I fucking hate you, Austin Carlile!"

Austin grabbed me and began shaking my shoulders, "Shut the fuck up! For once, can you just turn your fucking head when you see my mistakes and not cry over them!?"

"No, I won't because I'm stupidly in love with you! I wish I never fucking met you! All I wanted was for you to love me, and only me!" My tears came out harder than before as he shook me. I jerked away from him fell onto the couch, crying my eyes out. Austin sat beside me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. "Don't touch me," I got out before throwing up on his lap.

"Shit, don't worry," he said and quickly got his shorts off before helping me to the bathroom. He held my hair back as he helped me over the toilet. I let everything out and sat against the wall while Austin flushed the toilet. He sat next to me, "Are you okay?"

"Why did you do it? That's all I want to know," I whispered. I was sick from his infidelities and our unborn child.

"Because I'm the biggest asshole in the world."

"Austin, please be serious." He sighed.

"I got bored at night and the heat of the summer caught up with me. I didn't feel anything for her, I didn't hold her afterwards. It's a shitty excuse, trust me, I know. Just know, I think with my dick too much, obviously, but you are the only person I truly love with part of me."

I shook my head and wiped my eyes. "I love you too, but I think we need to take a break. You obviously aren't taking our vows seriously and need to learn a lesson."

"I completely understand. I need to learn a lesson. Plus, I'm going to be on tour in the next few weeks," he stared at the floor in front of him before looking at me. I smirked and shook my head. "Don't worry, I know to keep my dick in my pants for now on."

I hummed and got up, going into the bedroom. It killed me and how much he ruined my plans for tonight. I couldn't wait to cook him dinner and tell him I was pregnant, but after this afternoon's drama I knew I couldn't tell him. I rubbed my stomach to calm my nausea when I heard Austin calm into the room.

"When do you leave?" I asked and turned to look at it.

"Please don't hate me when I tell you," he laughed.

I could feel my heart dropping and my eyes getting wet, "what?"

"Thursday. I'll be back around the end of October," he said, looking at the floor.

"That's in two days, Austin. You couldn't tell your own wife you were about to leave for two and a half months in two days," I choked back tears.

"Hey, technically you just said we needed a break," he joked.

"This is different."

Austin chuckled and hugged me. I wanted to so badly tell him right then and there, but if he can keep a secret, why can't I?