Status: active

We'll Fall in Love After Midnight

f o u r.

Our relationship bloomed quickly, we were head over heels for each other. We learned everything about each other that we could learn. I went on tour with Of Mice & Men for a week before I went back to Los Angeles for work. I didn’t want to leave Austin since we had spent so much time with each other.

“Can’t you stay a few more days?” Austin asked.

“No, I have a photoshoot in 2 days that I need to be at and do promo stuff,” I told him as I packed my bag.

“Cancel them.”

“Why?” I asked and looked at him.

“Because,” he began and laced our fingers, “you shouldn’t focus so much on trying to be a model. You should focus more on us.”

Trying to be a model? Austin, I am a model because guess what, it pays my bills and it’s what I like doing. I know how to balance both work and a relationship, I’ve done it before,” I said with a slight hardness in my voice. He let go of my hands.

“Well, hurry up and finish packing so I can take you to the airport,” Austin said, looking away from me.

This has happened before. My boyfriend telling me not to be a model, to only be with him at all times. In a way they’d be jealous that I was in provocative clothing or only my hands covering me in front of a man holding a camera. They were the ones that couldn’t balance work and a relationship because they worked nonstop and/or cheated on me.

Austin waited with me in my terminal while I waited to board my flight. He held my hand as I rested my head on his shoulder.

“I didn’t mean to piss you off,” I said quietly.

“You didn’t piss me off.”

“I did something,” I said.

“You just made me feel like a dick because I made it seem like you were dumb for modeling and making a name for yourself or something,” he told me.

“Flight 784 to Los Angeles is now boarding,” a female voice said over the intercom. Austin sighed as she finished talking and my head rose from his shoulder.

“I love you,” he whispered in my ear as he hugged me goodbye.

“I love you more,” I whispered back and kissed him.

“This is our first real goodbye,” Austin said with a pout.

“The first of many,” I pouted back.

-

“Wow, you’re much prettier in person,” Dan, the director of the music video said as I sat in the air conditioned trailer.

“Thank you,” I said with a big smile. “Is the band here?”

“Yeah. You can go meet them since you’re the first girl here,” he said and told me that their trailer was next to the one we were in. I walked over and knocked on the open door.

“Hey! Are you one of the cheerleaders?” A young looking kid asked.

“Yes. Are you in A Day To Remember?” I asked.

“I sure am. I’m Alex Shelnutt,” he said, shaking my hand.

“Maci Westfall,” I responded with a smile.

“Your last name is Westfall? So it mine!” The guy next to him said. “I’m Neil.”

“Nice to meet you,” I told him with a laugh.

I met the rest of the band and we started filming their Wax Larry music video. I was one of the Rockstar cheerleaders. It was probably the most fun project I’ve got to do even though it was tiring since we only had a day to film. A Day To Remember gave the girls passes for the show the next night. I was really excited to finally see them since I had heard a few of their songs before today. I couldn’t wait to tell Austin all about today.

“How was the video?” He asked when he called me after his set.

“So much fun, babe. I’m going to see them tomorrow night,” I said.

“Oh.”

“What?” I asked.

“I just don’t think you should go to a show with tons of guys with me not there,” he said.

“Austin, I’m dating you. I’m not going out looking to fuck you over. You know I’m not like that.”

“Whatever. I’m gonna go hangout. I’ll talk to you later,” he said quickly.

“I love you,” I told him.

He hung up without saying it back.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for not posting this sooner!