Status: active

We'll Fall in Love After Midnight

f o r t y.

When I woke up the next morning I decided to try and make sure Austin would have a good day. I grabbed one of my lipsticks and wrote 'good morning, daddy' on my tummy and sent him a picture before getting in the shower. Just as I got out and began drying off, he called my phone.

"What's up?" I asked as I ran the towel down my leg.

"I liked your picture. Good morning to you two, too," he yawned. "I miss y'all. I'm sorry about last night."

"It's fine. I just wish you would trust me."

"I do. It's him I don't trust."

I sighed and rolled my eyes. He started telling me about his plans for the day and excited about playing earlier while I got ready for the day. Just hearing him talk made me miss him even more. I set the phone down on speaker while I started rubbing lotion on myself. I felt a faint thud on my hand when I began touching my stomach.

"Holy shit, Austin," I interrupted him in shock.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"I felt it move!" I said excitedly, feeling for the movement again.

"What?" He laughed in confusion.

"I felt a little thud when I was putting lotion on. Oh my gosh, do it again," I said towards my stomach.

"Of course they decide to start doing it after I'm not home."

"Well I'm sure when you get home it'll be more active," I said trying to cheer him up.

"Yeah." He sounded sad.

"What's wrong? You were happy a minute ago."

"I just wish I could be there for everything and I can't. I feel like a bad husband because of it. And I feel worse knowing I'll miss our kid's first everything," He sighed.

"You won't miss everything. You'll be home for a lot, and if you're not then we can always be online and videos to show," I said.

We finished talking and I sat down on the couch to try and decide what to do today. I felt a little depressed lately from not having things how they used to be. I was constantly busy with shoots, partying, and all my friends. Now I rarely see my friends, basically no work yet, and my husband is off partying on tour.

I rubbed my tummy and laid back on the couch. I decided to text my agent to see about speeding up the process of finding work. Sitting at home a majority of the week wasn't cutting it and I needed to keep my mind off of Austin being away.

Alex surprised me around noon with Panera bags in hand. I hugged him happily and let him come inside.

"So what have you been doing? I never see you anymore," He said as he took a bite of his sandwich.

"Yeah, I don't know. It's not like I can go party or anything now. It just sucks, I have no life," I shrugged.

"I'm sorry. You know I'd rather see a movie or hang with you than do all that."

"I just feel like a burden to everyone. None of my friends have babies and so I feel isolated from everyone else," I said quietly.

Alex rubbed my arm and continued eating his lunch. He hung out for the rest of the day, helping me clean and just hangout. Austin called around 6pm.

"Hey," I said and asked Alex to pause the movie.

"H....Who's there?" He asked.

"Alex," I said. Alex said 'hi' in the background. "See?"

"Shush," Austin laughed. "I was just callin' before we go out soon, see what you're up to."

"We've just been hanging out all day. I finally get to be social!" I joked.

"Well I'm glad you've had a good day so far. Call me if you're up later, okay?"

"Will do, babe," I kiss the phone. "I love you. Have a great show."

"I love you more. I'll talk to you later," He said and hung up.

Alex and I finished watching our movie and he decided to head home. It was back to just me alone. I decided to start looking at furniture online to kill time since we'd be moving soon.

My phone started ringing again a little while later. To my surprise, it was Mike on the other line. Confused, I decided to answer.

"Hello?" I said into my iPhone.

"Hey.. What are you up to?" He asked.

"Um, nothing. Just looking at shit online, bored. Yourself?" I continued to look at my laptop.

"My girlfriend just broke up with me. You're the only person in LA I can talk to. I'm sure you don't care to hear me vent or hangout with me," he mumbled.

"Hey, you're one of my good friends no matter what. I'll text you my address and you can tell me everything that happened. I don't want you driving back to San Diego while you're upset," I said.

We hung up and I sent him my address. I didn't know how long I had until he'd be here so I decided to get up and tidy up a little. For some reason, something seemed so different. I don't know if it was the way he sounded or how I was feeling inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
dun dun dun... what do you think of Mike coming back into the story? any predictions?