Status: active

We'll Fall in Love After Midnight

s i x.

I checked the flight board again and saw Austin's flight was pushed back for the third time. He was originally supposed to land at 4:00, then 6:30, now 8:30. I sighed and sat back down on the bench by the Starbucks. It had been 6 weeks since I saw him, 6 weeks since I also first met Mike.

8:30 came and went. My phone started buzzing and Austin's name came across the screen.

"Austin?" I asked into the phone worried.

"Hey, baby," he said in a sad voice.

"Where are you? I miss you."

"My flight had to land and we weren't allowed to leave again because of the weather. I have to wait to get a connecting flight back out there somehow." I started crying as I walked out of the airport back to my car.

"Baby, don't cry," Austin told me.

"I just fucking miss you and I was looking so forward to seeing you tonight," I cried to him.

"I know you did, I did too. I'm gonna go rent a hotel room with the guys and figure it out tomorrow morning. I'll be home as soon as I can," he said.

We said goodbye and I sat in my car continuing to cry. I was interrupted by my phone going off again and saw a different name this time.

"Hello?" I said into the phone, trying to sound as calm as possible.

"Maci? What's wrong, honey?" Mike asked concerned.

"Nothing. I thought Austin was going to be home tonight and his flight got canceled," I told him.

"I'm sorry," he said.

"It's fine. What are you doing?" I asked.

"Nothing. I'm bored and wanted to hear your voice," he said shyly.

"You're cute," I said and got lost in my thoughts for a few seconds.

"Maci? You there?" He asked.

"Woah, what? Sorry. I have an idea."

"What's your idea?" He asked and laughed.

"We hangout tonight," I suggested.

"But I live 2 hours away from you," he chuckled.

"I don't care."

And that's just what I did. I typed his address into the gps on my phone and drove 90 mph the whole way there, getting to San Diego in an hour and a half.

"Hey you," Mike said and pulled me into a hug.

"Hey," I smiled and leaned up to kiss his cheek.

Mike moved his head at the right time and my lips fell against his. He lifted his hands to cup my face as I deepened the kiss and leaned against my car. I placed my hands lightly on his stomach.

"Mmm," I let out as he pulled away. "I missed seeing your face."

He kissed me again and led me inside his house. It was small but nice. We sat on the couch and cuddled up next to each other while we decided on what to watch.

"Let's watch a horror movie," I said.

"You're fucking amazing," he said and got up to put in Texas Chainsaw.

We watched the movie until I fell asleep on the couch. I woke up around 10am in what I assumed was Mike's room. I stretched and checked my texts. Some from Austin, one of which that told me he'd be landing at LAX at 6pm.

"Good morning," Mike said as he walked back into the room and laid down.

"Morning," I smiled and set my phone down.

"Did you hear from the boyfriend?" He asked and laid his head on my shoulder. He smelled like weed and cigarettes with a hint of left over cologne from the night before.

"Yeah, he got everything fixed," I said and laid my head on top of his. We stayed like this for a couple minutes until Mike broke the silence.

"I'm sorry for kissing you so much. I like you but I know your His. Just talking to you so much the past like month and a half has made me really like you," he admitted.

"I know what you mean," I said quietly. "I'd rather be friends than not have you around. We're just going to have to work hard to control ourselves around each other because it's not fair to him."

We laid around the rest of the day until I needed to leave to get Austin. Mike hugged me goodbye and kissed my head. I started feeling guilty on the way back to Los Angeles. Here I am, going to pick up my boyfriend after I spent the night kissing and cuddling with my friend.

As soon as Austin's arms were around me, I didn't feel anything for Mike like I did last night. The guilt washed away quickly as his hands went over the skin that Mike had previously touched. All I worried about though was Austin smelling Mike on me even though I sprayed a lot of perfume all over me. In the back of my mind the whole time Austin was kissing me, was how much I wish it was Mike in his place.
♠ ♠ ♠
let me know what you think so far :3