Status: active

We'll Fall in Love After Midnight

s e v e n.

Mike and I hadn't talked to each other since I left his house 3 weeks ago. I felt bad about leaving him hanging but I knew I was right for choosing to think of Austin. I was content with my boyfriend being the only one that kissed me and held me at night.

I didn't have much work in the last few weeks. I decided to just stay at Austin's place so we could spend time together before he left for tour again. The longer I was with him and living with him, the more I started getting annoyed by his habits but at the same time I loved them.

"You're driving me to the airport tomorrow night right?" Austin asked as he folded his laundry.

"No? I didn't know I had to," I said confused.

"What the fuck, Maci. I told you I'd need a ride the other day!"

"No you didn't, Austin!" I yelled back at him. "You never mentioned it to me."

"Yeah I fucking did. You're just being a bitch and putting other shit ahead of me."

"What the fuck are you even talking about? You're the one lying and starting a fight, psycho," I said in defense.

"Whatever. I don't need your shit tonight," he said harshly. He grabbed a shirt and kicked the laundry basket to the wall and walked into the living room. I followed.

"Where are you going?" I asked as I watched him pull the shirt over his head.

"I'm leaving, obviously. What else would I be doing?" He asked with a roll of his eyes.

"Austin," I said quietly as he walked past me to grab his keys and wallet. The most he responded was his body bumping into mine.

He slammed the door shut, causing some of the stuff on the walls and shelves to shake. I was left alone in his apartment which made me feel uneasy. I sat on the couch and tried calling him a few times. He sent me straight to voice mail each attempt. I finally gave up on the fifth try. I finally got off of the couch and went to take a shower. I wondered if Mike would ever do this to me, yell at me over nothing like Austin does. Every time Austin slightly raises his voice at me since hes been home, Mike automatically flashes into my mind.

I changed into a pair of booty shorts and one of Austin's shirts. It didn't feel right laying in bed without him. I couldn't get Mike off my mind and I decided to filter him out by watching TV. I clicked around the channels and settled on Happy Gilmore.

I heard the door close about halfway through the movie. He came in a few minutes later and laid down, all without looking at me.

"I always loved this movie," he said quietly.

"I didn't know that." No emotion was apparent in my voice.

I watched him stand up so that he could get undressed. He laid back down when he was in just a pair of Hanes boxers. My body was pulled closer to his.

"Stop," I said, trying to get away from him.

"Why?" He asked, tightening his hold.

"Because you're an asshole."

"No I'm not," Austin said taken back.

"Are you fucking joking?" I choked and sat up to look at him. "You cuss me out and call me a bitch over nothing, and I'm not just talking about tonight."

Austin was quiet and watched me cry. I felt his arms snake around me in attempt to comfort me. I tried fighting them away but I knew I needed the comfort.

"I'm sorry," he whispered as he laid his head on top of mine. "I know I can't say sorry and eat you out every time I fuck up. I don't know why I'm such a dick, especially to you."

"There's so many other guys I could be with, Austin. Ones with normal jobs and always home to be with me, ones that will treat me exactly how I deserve to be treated. But no, I choose to stay with you and your bullshit. From not being able to talk days at a time on the road to people tweeting me and posting shit online about how you hook up with girls, I could have so much better but I love you too much to actually leave."

"You've never told me people say shit to you online," he said quietly.

"Because I don't believe them and feel like it would cause another fight," I told him.

I eventually stopped crying and laid my head on his chest. I listened to his heart beat irregularly and him release a quiet groan as we readjusted ourselves in his bed.

"Promise me you'll take it easy on stage. I don't need another panicked phone call in the middle of the night thinking you're going to die from chest pains."

"I promise," he said with sincerity and kissed my forehead.

-

Mike's POV

I decided to go see my buddy Jaxin and Tino's band play since they're in town. They introduced me to their friends and band mates. They were all chill and seemed like people I'd be friends with. I noticed a familiar looking girl walking towards our group and I realized who it was.

I watched her jump on Austin and him instantly turn to mush. He looked like such a prick but as soon as Maci was in his arms, everything about his demeanor changed. Seeing her kiss him though killed me but it was in that moment that I realized that was the guy she loved. The one she chose over me.

Austin introduced her to people she didn't know, including me. Her face dropped a little when her eyes landed on me. We smiled at each other like nothing ever happened between us. I took a drink of my beer and went back to talking to Tino.

When Of Mice & Men played, I stood side stage...next to Maci. We smirked at each other.

"Hey stranger," I said, nudging her with my elbow.

She blushed and looked at her feet. "Hey."

"Haven't talked to you in a minute. Why is that?"

She looked up at me. "I thought you didn't wanna talk to me.."

"What?" I laughed. "Just because we decided to keep it quiet didn't mean stop talking to me."

"Then why haven't you texted me?" She raised her eyebrows.

"Because I thought the same thing."

We talked for the rest of the set, not even noticing that they were leaving the stage. I told her we'd talk later as she left with her boyfriend. He didn't look amused when he walked away with her.

I hung out for a bit longer. When I was walking back to my car, I saw a couple arguing near my car. I realized it was Maci and Austin. I leaned against my car and lit a cigarette.

"No, fuck you," Maci cried.

"I didn't do shit with anyone, Mace!" He yelled at her. "She's a jealous bitch. Don't believe her."

"I don't know, Austin. I always hear from people that you fuck other girls on the road, so the fact a girl came up to me tonight saying she fucked you a few nights ago is really getting to me."

"Fine, fuck it. Think what you want to think, I'm fucking done talking about this shit," Austin spat at her.

I could hear them murmur something to each other and the gravel shifted. I turned around as Austin was walking back to the venue and went up to Maci.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked as I walked up to her.

She was sitting on the hood of her car and wiping her eyes. "Y-yeah. Did you hear all of that?"

I nodded. "You wanna go talk somewhere?"

"Yeah. Where do you wanna go?" She asked and got off of her car.

"My house is like 20 minutes away, just follow me," I said and nodded towards my car.

I listened to her talk about the problems in her relationship. She kept apologizing for crying. I thought it killed me to see her today with Austin, but I realized seeing her cry over him killed me even more. If she was mine, I'd do anything to make sure she never cried.
♠ ♠ ♠
give me some comments and feedback, loves<3