Status: On Going...

Redesign Me

004

The next morning I awoke to a empty bed, yet again. He was probably downstairs making plans for god knows what now. I smelt the bacon from my room and made my way down the stairs. “Morning beautiful” He says sitting reading a paper.
“Morning” I sit down playing with the ring on my finger. I didn’t want to ask about plans in case it would be too soon.
“So, I didn’t want to say this, but we should set a date? I know I only asked you yesterday but the sooner we plan it, the soon we will be married and I can’t wait to be married to you” He smiles. He reads my mind. Like Alex used to do... I needed to get him out of my head.I kept thinking a lot about him the past few days. I wonder if he had asked about me before. I wonder if he will be told about the proposal.
“Uhm, Well, when do you want to get married?”
“I was thinking summer. A nice summer wedding”
“Its March now. Summer is in what...3-4 months?” I say.
“Why not? I said I wanted to get married soon. 4 months is enough time to plan, right?” He says. I questioned myself but of course, we could do it. With the help of Melissa. Melissa! That’s it. I want her to be my maid of honour. Tom’s sister, Emily could be a bridesmaid and it would all fit together perfectly.
“4 months is...July” I say
“A july wedding” He smiles.
“A lovely summer, july wedding” I sigh and think of my family. “Shame Aunt Lydia won’t be there to see it happen” My aunt passed away 5 months ago. Only Melissa, Tom and Jack knew. I don’t know if anyone ever bothered to tell Alex. I wouldn’t think he cared anyway. Tom, Melissa and Jack came to the funeral so I guess he was told.
“I’m gonna ask Emily to be a bridesmaid” I explain to Tom.
“That’s nice. Who’s maid of honour?”
“Melissa, of course” He knew the answer. He obviously just wanted to make sure it was her. It would off always been her.
“I knew that”
“I know you did. Listen, I’m gonna call my mum” I smile and run to the house phone. I dial the number and my mum, surprisingly, answered.
“Maddison, what's the unexpected call for?”
“When can you and Dad make it out?”
“Why?”
“You're going to have to be here for the engagement party and help me plan” My mum begins to scream down the end of the phone.
“Tom, Tom propose?”
“Yes mum.Listen,I gotta go. I need to get ready. I love you”
“Love you too” And with that she is gone. I run upstairs and began to throw clothes on. I finally decide with shorts and a tank top. I slipped my toms on and headed downstairs. The door opened and I see Melissa walking in.I run down the stairs and hug her. We walk upstairs and begin to pack the things in her suitcases.
“We picked a date” I say.
“Share” She says.
“July” I smile and she hugs me.
“Have you seed E! news?” Melissa asks.
“No, why?”
“it has you in it, and me. Jack and um, alex…” I look at her and run over to the laptop.
“I’m watching it” I begin to play the video on the website. My face went from happy to sad. “Since when has Holly been writing tweets about you?” I ask her. She shrugs. We begin to read Holly’s tweets.We couldn’t help but laugh at them. She was pathetic. I missed times like this with Melissa. I always missed here. Melissa dragged me to the mirror in her room. She took a picture and put it on twitter.I smiled. “Melissa, can I ask you something?”
“Yeah, sure, what is it?”
“Will you be my maid of honour? Would you also mind helping me plan things? I need someone I love and trust by my side through all this. I only have 4 months”
“Maddy, Of course I will be your maid of honour! I would love to be your maid of honour” I smile and hug her tightly.
“Can we sort stuff out tomorrow? Like, cakes and flowers please?Boys aren’t going to be much help”
“Yeah sure, you can come round to mine, Oh god, gonna be weird saying mine” She laughs. When we finish putting stuff into suitcases I helped her take them down the stairs. Tom opens the door for us and we begin to put them in the car.
“Do you want me to bring the rest with me tomorrow when I come over?” I say after loading all we could fit in the car.
“Tomorrow?” Tom questions.
“Me and Melissa are going to begin plans. We only have 4 months” I smile. He nods.
“Yeah, would you please bring them? It just saves the trip” I nod at her and give her a hug before she drives off. I make my way back into the house.
“So, you're making plans tomorrow?”
“Yeah, why not? We might aswell start soon” I say making my way up the stairs.
“We haven’t spent time together for ages” He says calling after me.
“We spend everyday together Tom”
“I know but...”
“Tom, I’m getting married to you in 4 months. You practically live with me now. I hardly see Melissa and she’s moving out now. Plus, she’s my maid of honour. She’s helping me out with everything so I don’t stress you out. We might as well have one person stressed,not two. I’ll run everything by you though. Apart from dresses and flowers” I smile. I blow him a kiss and go into the office. I hardly use the office unless I’m writing the blog and it comes easily now. I log onto the Mac computer stood up on my desk. So many tweets coming through. “Congratulations. Hope you are happy!” From fans and more. The one from Holly that E! news wrote about. Me and Alex didn’t even follow each other on twitter anymore. I occasionally drifted to his page to see what was going on but I forced myself to close the tab every time I saw his name. I was sort of excited to see Melissa tomorrow. To even see Jack. I missed hanging out all of us and me and Jack had grown quite close when we got back from Japan. He wasn’t biased about the situation and agreed his best friend was wrong which grew my respect and here we are. Both my best friends are together.

I stayed in the office all night. At half 9 I began to walk into my room. I took off my shorts and my tank top, throwing them into the dirty laundry. I found a pair of pyjama bottoms and a plain tank top before snuggling into the covers. I feel a set of hands wrap themselves around me. I turn my head slightly to see Tom laying next to me. He gives me a small kiss on my neck and I snuggled into him. “Night Baby” He says to me.
“Night Tom”
“I love you”
“l love you too” I end up falling asleep in Tom’s arms. I haven’t done that for at least a month. I missed his arms. Tom occasionally goes to the gym and his arms are worked out. You felt safe in them.