Status: Every Friday

I'm Not Retarded, Just Unique

School Time

“No!” Frank whined as he pulled on Marie's purple dress. “School! School!” Frank cried as he held onto the dress with one hand and reached for the doorknob with the other.

“I'm sorry Frank, but you are still sick.” Marie pulled Frank away from the door a bit causing the boy to shout and latch onto the stairs.

“Fine! Feel fine, I feel fine! School, I need smarts. Mikey, Gerrarrd,” Frank dug his blunt nails into the wood as the elder woman tugged at his waist.

“Frank, you can see them tomorrow but for today you need to-”

“-School!” Frank shrieked startling Marie enough to loosen her grip and Frank was out the door in an instant.

“Frank!” Grandma Iero barked as she followed after Frank. The boy sat in passenger seat staring ahead at the garage door. Marie paddled her way over peering into the car window. “Frank,” she repeated the name sternly. “I want you to get out of this car right now.”

“School.”

“I'll give you to the count of three,” Marie warned, holding up her fingers. “One.”

Frank blinked.

“Two.” Frank's hand twitched and his eyes darted from the door handle to Marie. “Don't make me say three, Frank.”

Frank stared back at her as if challenging her to say the very word.

“Three!” Both hand on each figure rushed forward. Frank locked the door only seconds before Marie yanked the handle of the car door. Frank began screaming as he ran around the whole car and locking every door in it. He was breathing heavily by the time Marie stopped trying to open the doors.

“School,” Frank mumbled as he formed a tight ball.

“Frank, the only person you are going is to see is Doctor Anna. I want you out of this car right now, Franklin!” Marie tried her best to keep calm but the boy was driving her patience.

“Can we go to school?”

“If you get out of the car.”

“You need to be in car to go.” Frank raised an eye brow at her.

“Frank, get out of this car.”

“Grandma, let's go to school,” Frank replied.

“This isn't up for discussion, Frank. I want you out of this car or I'll get my keys.” Marie argued as she brushed her gray hairs away. Frank slowly lifted up the car key from his pants pocket and showed Marie that he had the only way to get in and out of the car.

“Let's go to school.”

“Frank, what do I have to do to get you out of the car?”

“School,” Frank stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Besides that,” Marie sighed.

“Nothing.”

“Frank,” Marie took a deep breath and pinched the bridge of her nose. “I have been calm and very patient with you, but you are pushing it. You are not-I repeat- not going to school! You are acting like a spoiled child! You are making a scene in front of the whole fucking neighborhood!” Frank gasped as Marie swore in front of him. “Get out of this car right now Frank. If you don't, so help me god I'll-I will call you mother up and have her get you out.” Marie shouted and Frank stared at her in shock for the longest time.

Marie watched as Frank's face changed numerous times. Once the shocked look passed it began turning into one of sorrow. The sorrow lasted only a mere second before Frank's eyes were bright, alert, and filled with panic. Frank had barely gotten any of what Marie had said. She had spoken so fast the boy was only able to pick up a few words from each sentence. Frank clearly heard the last sentence though. It rang and repeated in his head. The only thing that went through his head was 'she'll call mom.'

“M-Mom,” Frank stuttered out. Marie's eye brows slowly relaxed, allowing her forehead to return to it's softer wrinkly look. She opened her mouth to take back what she said but Frank was ahead of her. “Mom,” he said more firmly. “Mom...mom...m-mom...MOM!” Frank's hands began to claw and attacking the lock on the door as his terror filled eyes clouded over with tears.

“Frank calm down you-”

“-Don't call! Don't call! Don't call! Don't call! Don't call mom! Do not call her! Mom! Don't call mom! I'm trying to open. She'll call dad. Dad!!!DAD!! DON'T CALL DAD!!!” Frank was tugging an viciously assaulting the door. He tugged at the door handle as he pounded away at the tiny button that unlocked the doors to the car. After both Iero's kicking and beating up the car door, Frank finally got it open. He fell out of the car and seemed to be unaware of where he was for only a split second. As fast as his small body allowed him to, Frank was on his knees and clutching onto Marie's hands. Frank was murmuring and muttering nonsense as he tugged at Marie's hand.

“Frank calm-”

“-Don't call mommy,” Frank begged. Snot dripped out of his nose mixing with the tears that leaked from his eyes. “Y-You-you said-d m-mommy-mommy is-” Frank was unable to finish his sentence before he started hyperventilating. He tried to take in the much needed oxygen his lungs needed but too many heart wrenching sobs were escaping.

“Frank baby, breath, breath in for me honey. I need you to take deep breaths.” Marie instructed but Frank just shook his head.

“C-Can't...breath....g-grand..ma...I-I can't-t-” Frank squeezed his eyes shut as he tried desperately to get air into his lung. He succeed on only getting one tiny gasp of air in but his lungs needed more. His vision got fuzzy and Frank's brain sent him into a deep sleep to clam the frantic boy down. Marie was paralyzed when Frank's small frame rested against her with no struggle or fidgeting.

“Frank,” Marie breathed still shaking a bit. “Frank!” She screamed pushing the boy away a bit to listen to his heart. Once she heard the low beat of the small organ she nearly cried tears of joy. The moment lasted only for a few short moments before she realized she had a much larger problem at hand. A problem that would require more than just her help alone.

With a long sigh. She pulled out her phone and called Gerard.
♠ ♠ ♠
Recs: 58
Readers: 230
Subscribers: 109
Comments: 184

._. hey, sorry it's short....