Status: On A Hiatus

World Around Me

Founder’s Day

“And for a little local history, Mr Saltzman students have recreated Virginia’s Battle of Willow Creek” Mrs Lockwood spoke into the microphone as she stood on the main stage as the parade flowed down the street around the Town Square; a smile formed on my lips when I saw Tyler standing on the float with Elena’s littler brother Jeremy but I couldn’t help by admire Tyler, he was wearing a solider uniform that men wore when the battle happened.

“You always did love a man in uniform, but this isn’t a good idea Bella. You can’t fall for Tyler sure Stefan has, but we can’t afford having more people know about us” Isria said as she walked over to me as I stood on the grass area of the Town Square as I watched the parade; I knew that she was right because Stefan had watched over Elena weeks before the two actually met.

“The last time I was with a man in uniform was a very long time ago and you don’t have to worry about Tyler, I’ve tried being with a human and every time I ended up leaving them” I said to Isria as the guys on the float waved and said hello to the crowd that had formed to watch; I knew the dangers of being in a close relationship with a human because you were smelling their blood all the time which pushes all the control you have over yourself.

“I’m just making sure that you know it would never work out if you were beginning to have feelings for him, I understand Bella alright I get how tempting it is sometimes” Isria said to me softly as we watched the Battle of Willow Creek float past us by but my attention was captured for a few seconds by Tyler; his dark brown eyes had found me among the crowd and focused on me until he couldn’t see me any longer.

“I know but I could never hurt him or anyone for that matter, this is the reason why I focused so much on my control” I told Isria as the Miss Mystic Falls float came down the street which held Caroline and Matt but Stefan was also on it with Elena; I had seen Stefan in his old fashioned clothes before we left the house but I froze when my eyes landed on Elena because she looked exactly like Katherine did when my brothers and I were still human.

“Bella stop and think about this, it’s not Katherine I promise. It’s Elena with Stefan, he told you that Elena was going to be dressed like this” Damon said firmly to me as he suddenly appeared in front me as soon as I took a step closer to the float; I wasn’t thinking straight as I just saw Katherine and not Elena which showed just how much I despised Katherine.

“Damon have you seen her? She looks identical to Katherine back then, the dress and the hair” I said to my brother as he placed his hands on both of my shoulders as I looked up at him; he of all people should share the same feelings that I had but I started to calm down when my attention was on Damon.

“I have seen her and I know how much she looks like Katherine, but Elena isn’t Katherine. Isria keep her company until tonight” Damon said before he turned his attention onto my best friend who agreed instantly as neither of them wanted to leave me alone; Isria placed her hand on my back as she lead me away from the parade and towards Mystic Grill so we could hang out there.

That Night

“There’s something you need to know, the vampires from the tomb are planning an attack tonight” Anna said as she stopped Damon and I as we walked around the Town Square and I was slightly surprised to see that Anna was still here after John Gilbert killed her Mom; we looked at her slightly confused because the last we heard the tomb vampires had ran off after they tortured me.

“How do you know about this?” Damon asked as he took a small step closer to her but it wasn’t in a threatening way towards her; it was his way of protecting me as he still got on edge after I was tortured in the house that Anna was staying in with her mother Pearl.

“I went to them, they think I’m with them but I’m not. They want the founding families dead, they plan to attack when the fireworks start” Anna explained to us which we should have saw coming especially today but we hadn’t heard anything to signal that they were still close; I glanced around at the packed Town Square at all the innocent people here celebrating with their families.

“John Gilbert wants to use that invention on them, which means we shouldn’t be here. It won’t work through, Bonnie deactivated it” I said as I looked at Damon before turning my attention back onto Anna who was actually helping us for once; when I was still human I got along very well with Anna and I considered her a close friend before I found out what she truly was.

“Well, then a lot of people are going to die because they’re already here” Anna told us before she walked away from us which is when Damon turned around to face me; he told me to go find Isria to tell her what is happening while he went to go find Stefan and inform him that we all needed to leave.

I walked through the crowd of people in search of Isria when I heard my mobile phone ring to tell me that I had received a new text message; it was from Isria telling me that she was at home because she got bored so I replied to her and told her to stay home as it wasn’t going to get exciting anytime soon, I put my phone back into my jean pocket when I noticed Tyler getting into his father’s car with Matt and Caroline.

I started walking again to try and find my brothers when I heard the fireworks start to go off into the night sky; suddenly I heard a high pitch frequency inside my head which quickly incapacitated me causing me to fall down onto my knees as I screamed out in excruciating pain while I held my head in my hands.

“No! Please don’t!” I screamed when I saw two police officers running over towards me but I knew they weren’t here to help me; my head felt like it was going to explode which I’d welcome instead on the pain but then I felt a syringe get pushed into my neck as vervain flowed through my body causing even more pain.

I fell unconscious as the deputies carried me away from the Town Square and into Grayson Gilbert’s office; I must have been unconscious for only a few minutes but when my eyes fluttered open I was laying in the basement with Damon right beside me as all the other tomb vampires laid on the floor around us but I also saw Anna had been caught as well.

I watched as John staked Anna in the heart before he poured more gasoline around the room while he goes up the stairs; pouring a trail of gasoline up them before he goes outside lighting a match on the way while he threw it on the gasoline causing a fire, both Damon and I watched as the fire started to burn some of the vampires.

“Mayor? Is that you?” Damon asked as he slowly stood up to his feet before he helped me stand up as we looked around the basement for a way out when we saw Mayor Lockwood; it didn’t make any sense for him to be captured because he wasn’t a vampire like the rest of us.

“What are you two doing here?” Richard Lockwood asked as he looked around the room in panic as the fire drew and smoked filled the basement; Damon stood in front of me as I glanced down at Anna who was now dead before I looked back at Tyler’s dad.

“We’re vampires, what’s your excuse? The vervain didn’t affect you so you’re not a vampire, what the hell are you?” Damon said to Mayor Lockwood as I watched his eye widen in fear before he looked straight at me because he knew that I’ve been around his son; Richard turned around as he tried to get away from us but there wasn’t anywhere to go especially when a tomb vampire grabbed a hold of his arm.

“Mayor Lockwood!” The tomb vampire said with a smug smirk on his face as he knew that he’d at least get to kill someone from a Founding family; I couldn’t do anything to stop or help Mr Lockwood now so I just had to watch the tomb vampire break his neck.

“Damon we have to get out of here, there has to be some way out of here” I said as I looked at my oldest brother as I tried my best to hide how scared I was feeling standing in a room that was on fire; I stepped forward to see if there was a way up the stairs when I heard some wood cracking above me so I glanced at the ceiling only to have a beam fall and hit me on the head.

“Bella! Are you alright? You’ll heal soon” Damon reassured me as he rushed over to me and lifted the beam off of me as it had knocked me to the floor; both of us were still weak from being injected with vervain so we could hardly stand up let alone escape from here and I was just about to give up when I heard voices yelling from outside the door, it was Stefan and Isria who must have come back.

“Damon! Bella! Come on we need to get you both out of here, we need to hurry” Stefan said as he ran down the stairs as the fire suddenly parted in the middle so Stefan and Isria could reach us which meant Bonnie was helping; Isria placed Damon’s arm over her shoulders as she helped him outside while Stefan lifted me into his arms bridal style and carried me up the stairs to the outside where we were safe.
♠ ♠ ♠
Isabella's Outfit

Please Comment!