Status: In progress

Only Baby Scars

I can be your perfect disaster

* At appointment*
" So Adrian please update me on how things are going. Are your nightmares getting any better. Have you settled in nicely?" She looked up from her notebook, pushing her glasses down the arch of her nose to stare at me. I looked down at my hands not wanting to make eye contact.

" Well I've been better, My Uncle keeps taking me to the rink with his boys so I'm not cooped up at home all day. I even decided if I should take a couple courses at one of the colleges..to keep me busy and all." I looked up at her slightly to see her nodding at everything I said and writing down at a non human speed.

" Mhmm I see." She sat forward and took her glasses off. " Have you made any new friends here. You mentioned going to the rink with your uncle. Did you meet the team." I sighed maybe I should tell her about Zack. As much as she annoys me maybe she can help me out a bit.

" Well I've met the team a couple times before living here. There are a couple of guys I haven't met yet." I looked at the clock hoping that the time would fly by, but it didn't seem to budge." Um Erik..Erik Karlsson he's like a brother to me. We joke about being related all the time it's kinda funny. He's super sweet. And his fiance Terese. She's a sweetheart. Since I've moved here she's been nothing but nice and we've bonded like sisters. She even introduced me to some of the wives and girlfriends of the team. She wants to go shopping with Julie, Kyle Turris's girlfriend for my date Friday." I realized what I just said and hoped she didn't catch on. With my luck she did.

" Date..You have a date Friday. Mind sharing who the lucky guy is" She gave me a warm hearted smile pushing her glasses back on. She leaned back and waited for me to explain.

" Yea, It totally slipped me mind" Lies I just wanted to push it off so I wouldn't have to remember.
" Well his name is Zack..Zack Smith. He's one of my Uncles teammates. He accidentally hit me with a door and that's how we met. Erik invited him to breakfast with us and he asked me out." I wanted to be blunt and simple. I didn't know Zack too well. And I haven't been on a date in a while. Especially since he's a little older than me.

" That's nice, he seems like a sweet guy. Do you like him?" She smiled down at her paper writing down whatever was said. I sat there and thought about it. Do I like him? I just met him. Yea he's cute and has a way with words, but I don't know what he's all about.

" Well I guess. He seems sweet. We exchanged numbers after breakfast and he texts me whenever he can. And he's ridiculously cute but I just met him I'm not really sure how I feel just yet" I smiled at the thought. she leaned in again and looked at the clock,
" Well Adi it was a pleasure talking with you. But it looks like our times up. I am happy to hear that you are progressing well and have found new love. I'll see you next week" and with that i was scooted out. Why so cold? I walked into the waiting room where my aunt Bi was waiting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After my appointment Terese called me saying that her and Julie were on their way to pick me up for out shopping day. It's the day before my date and I'm nervous as hell. I've never really been on a date before. Never really had a boyfriend. So this is foreign to me. But in a good way. I was about to get changed when my uncle knocked on my door.

" Hey..Can I talk to you for a minute" He walked over and sat on my bed motioning for me to do the same. He had a look I couldn't clue into on his face. It was like a mixture of disappointment and confusion.
" What is it?" I asked cautiously. He turned to me looking like he was trying to find the right wording.

" Adi I love you, And I know you're a smart girl. But I just want you to know that i'm kind of iffy with you dating one of my teammates. I know these guys and Zack can be a little bit of a player from time to time. He's a nice kid but I just don't want to see you get hurt." He sighed heavily and ran his hand through his hair.
" I just... you.. this all just happened to you. all this bad stuff. I know you're sad inside and I want to help you no matter what it takes but please for me take this slow. I don't want you getting hurt." I stood there. I didn't know what to say. I was speachless for once. I hugged him.
" I know, I will thank you" he smiled don at me kissed the top of my head and left to go downstairs. I got dressed quickly and got a text from Terese saying they were in the driveway. We drove to the Rideau Center and walked around a couple stores. We picked out a bunch of outfits, some sexy under ware and got our hair done. The last stop was getting our nails done.

" This is fun. We should have girl days more often." Julie looked at us with the widest grin. She did know how to make everyone happy or feel better even with just a simple smile.

" I know, maybe we should do this every Friday the guys are out of town. Seeing as Adi has a new hockey boyfriend like us" Terese winked at me and playfully nudged me with her free arm.

" I don't have a boyfriend, he just asked me on a date who knows it might go to shit for all we know" we all laughed,
" I think you should give him a chance. Kyle says he doesn't stop talking about you in the locker room. He's too excited about this date." Julie giggled and looked at me with a smirk. It's like she could see right through me. " I never said I wouldn't give him a chance I just don't know if I'm ready for a relationship." These girls knew about my depression. They are like my best friends. Sisters even. I just don't like making that an excuse for not doing anything. I kind of wanted to fix myself before bringing someone else into my life.

" I think you are. Don't worry about things. You are a very strong girl. You've come along way from where you were. I think Zack might even make you happier" Julie looked at me then to Terese they both had looks on their faces like they were up to something.

" Yea" Terese looked at me questionably. " You have seemed a little bit more happier around him, Maybe he's your distraction" she smiled wide and turned back to the nail person. I thought about it. I have forgotten about everything in Sweden for a while. Worrying about Zack and all. Maybe it he can help.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is kind of a filler chapter. Hope you enjoyed. Zack will be in the next chapter I promise:3 Please comment I kind of need help with ideas if you have any. I have an idea of where I might want this to go:) So comment and tell me what you think I love feedback:D Again sorry for mistakes haha