Sequel: Royal Blood
Status: Isn't this going to be fun?

In My Blood

Up Close and Personal

We finally reach the next hotel in Texas. I climb out of the van and follow Cain up to our hotel rooms. Everyone decided who they were going to be sharing rooms with. Cain, Alex, and I get one room. Danny and Jett are paired together. The last pair is Gabe and Dillion.

Alex opens the door. He then allows me to go in ahead of him. I walk in front of him and set my jacket on the chair in the corner. The hotel room is simple with two queen beds in the center with a bathroom door in the corner beside the door that I just entered. An old television sits on a dresser in front of the two beds. A nightstand is centered between the beds with a lamp, a phone, a notepad, a pen, and a remote control on top of it.

“Okay. Who gets which bed?” Alex asks. “I assume you will be sharing a bed with Cain.” He doesn’t sound mad or disappointed. He sounds neutral. Like stating a fact.

“She will,” Cain answers quietly, placing his and my bags on the chair with my coat. “We will take the one closest to the window.”

Alex nods, setting down his bag on his bed. He looks extremely tired. I almost want to go up to him and hold him.

Alex? I call out to him. He turns to look at me. Is there something wrong?

No, it has just been long couple of days. From turning you to beating that man who touched you. I should have remembered that you will look more appealing to humans. He seems apologetic to me.

More appealing to humans? I have no affect on you guys? I ask Alex. And just him.

You have to understand in a clan the most beautiful person in the world to them is the clan queen even when she is human. To us you haven’t changed that much. You just look like you should. Beautiful. He smiles, walking up to me. He gave me a hug.

“What are you two talking about?” Cain asks. He doesn’t sound jealous at all which surprises me.

I smile deviously. “I’m going to take a shower. Alex can tell you,” I say, laughing.

“Oh, thanks for throwing me under the bus, dear,” Alex laughs. “Go take that shower you smell of that man still. Even though I can smell Cain mixed in there too.” Alex smiles at Cain.

“Yeah, funny?” I say sarcastically.

I got into the bathroom. I turn on the hot water and quickly undress. I jump into the shower. I fix the temperature that is comfortable for me. I clean my body quickly. I get rid of that uncomfortable feeling that I got when that strange man touched me.

I get out of the shower and realize that I didn’t grab my bag so that I might have to go out with just a towel. I don’t really want to do that because then it would feel weird.

I wrap the towel around my body and lean around the door. “Cain?” I call out.

I hear him get up from a chair or the bed. I’m not sure which, but I see him come around the corner. “What is it?” he asks.

“I need something to sleep in. There should be something in my bag,” I say, holding the towel around me.

Cain pulls his shirt off and hands it to me. I grab it and watch him walk off to get some underwear and a pair of shorts from my bag.

“You didn’t have to give me your shirt,” I say. I wait for him to take it back, but he doesn’t.

“I know that, but I want you to wear it,” he says. “It has my smell on it. You will be way more comfortable in it than a shirt from your bag. Trust me on this.” He leans forward only to stop a few inches from my face. He pauses, waiting for me to okay it. I lean forward the rest of the way and kiss him on the lips. He kisses me with passion. He cups my face in his hands.

Kissing him, I feel like I’m floating on thin air. I grab his shoulders so that I won’t fly away. I can feel the lights go off and darkness cloud around the two off us. I finally pull away and notice the lights never went out. I go back into the bathroom and dress in the clothes that were given to me.

I come out of the bathroom with Alex and Cain talking. I stop and lean on the wall. I wait for them to finish talking before I interrupt them.

“Do you think that her gift is the Darkness?” Alex asks. He seems curious. “I mean I saw something dark swarm around you and her both. But the lights were still on.”

“I think so,” Cain says. He runs his hand through his hair. He doesn’t seem relaxed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, this is getting interesting. Again this is just part one. It is really long.
Comment, Rate, and Subscribe.