Status: Complete!

We Will Make This Work

I Only Need You

FLASHBACK

It was Sunday April 8th, 2012. I was standing in my room getting ready for my wedding day. My friend Farrah was my maid of honor. Jeff was Mike's best man. This week had been a whirl wind. 7 days ago I found out I had a miscarriage, and now I am walking down the aisle. Mike and I decided we wanted to get married before playoffs started, because who knows how busy of a time that will be. So my friend Farrah got her restaurant to carter, we flew our parents down, I got a wedding dress that didn't need alterations, and somehow this day came together. We were getting married on the beach outside of our house. The only guests were our parents, the team, my friend Farrah, and some other people who work for the Kings. I slipped into my dress and looked at myself in the mirror. This was my life, it's crazy how quickly things can happen when you really want them.

Ten minutes later my dad was walking me down the aisle. I was looking directly at Mike, who looked like the happiest guy in the world. The service was fairly quick, since it was thrown together in one week. Within what seemed like minutes, I was kissing Mike and being called Mrs. Richards.

Later that evening Mike and I were dancing to a slow song on the beach. "So Mrs. Richards, was this wedding day everything you wanted?" Mike whispered into my ear.

"It was everything and more. I never need the fancy wedding day, I just needed to be married to you." I replied before leaning up to kiss him. We stayed rocking back and forth in each others arms for hours. When everything was said and done, Mike and I got in a limo and went to a hotel room. The elevator ride was silent. We made our way down the hall way and Mike picked me up and carried me into the room. He threw me down on the bed and flopped on top of me.

"No more mood killers. I love you and I am going to show you how much I love you." Mike said before kissing me.

END FLASHBACK

I sat in the stands behind the bench as the Kings beat St.Louis in game two. I was growing more and more excited to tell Mike our important news. After the final horn blew I ran down to the locker room. I ran to Mike's stall and into his open arms.

"So guess what?" I said to him.

"What?" He said looking at me funny.

"We are going to be parents!!" I said before he hugged me tightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey!

So i know it's short, but I wanted to put something up. I also wanted to get this story moving a little bit. Comment and let me know what you think! I am starting school next week, so updates will be slower.