Status: Finished! Comments?

Write Me A Sin

Close The Door

He got a little drunk.

Okay, I got him wasted. I had to. It was the only way this was going to work.

We walked into the reception hall. Everyone was sitting at tables spread out across the room, eating and drinking merrily.

And for the first time since the wedding was over, we saw the bride, Marissa.

She'd changed out of her floor-length wedding dress and into a short purple minidress.

Once a whore, always a whore. Even on her wedding day.

Ben took his seat across from Marissa and I took my seat next to him. He began to tap his spoon against his glass.

He stood and began to speak with a slur. "I have--- I would like to makeatoast!"

He was running his words together and Marissa was beginning to worry.

She spoke through clenched teeth. "Honey, sit down! What are you doing?"

He ignored her and continued. "This woman--" he pointed at Marissa. "This woman is a whore!"

There were gasps and whispers from all over.

"But it's okay!" he continued. "It's all good!"

He was messed up and it only made the moment better.

Marissa turned to me. "David, would you talk to him, please?"

I smirked at her. "Oh, he's got plenty more to say,"

"Well, I'll look at it this way," He began to pull off his wedding ring. "Now I know the truth."

"Benjamin! Stop!"

Marissa was now standing and looking around the room as if she were looking for a way to escape.

I mean, technically our marriage is saved.

He grabbed her hand, folding the ring into it.

With tears in his eyes, he turned to the crowd he'd momentarily forgotten.

"This calls for a toast. Pour the champagne," he said, to no one in particular.

The waiters that stood around followed orders, delivering glasses to the tables. As they did, he walked toward the door.

I followed behind him, but stopped to talk to the bridesmaid and waiter, I'd eavesdropped on before.

"Haven't you people ever heard of closing the goddamn door?"

And then I left, trailing my best friend.

It's much better to face these kinds of things with a voice of poise and rationality.

But it's much more fun to embarrass the hell out of the whore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, that's it! I hope you enjoyed it! Leave me a comment!

Check out my other stories!

XOXO,
MayaAngelou0524 ♥