Sequel: Thinking of Winter

Crowded Room

Chapter Seven: Jace

I was off that night, thankfully, so I decided to go visit Renny, the guy who owned the bar three buildings down from the apartment building. Walking in, I noticed he was trying to impress a few people with the tricks I've seen a million times too many. "I think you're needing a spruce up, bar keep," I said, causing a handful of people to glance my way.

"Oh, please. Like you don't pull the same moves every night at the club Disc Jockey," he retorted. Rolling my eyes, I walked behind the counter and grabbed a few bottles myself, joining him in the show.

"Wait, you're the DJ at Old Man Emerson's, aren't you?" one girl asked, pointing loosely at me. I nodded.

"Damn skippy," I said, pouring myself a drink and putting the bottles back where they belonged.

"You and that other guy last night ... you two make quite the team," she said, smiling at me. Smiling back, I tilted my drink in thanks and sat down on the stool behind the bar.

Time Elapse

After a few hours of talking and no activity, the gang was about to disperse. I too, was about to leave when I saw the most beautiful creature -- aside from Wes, of course -- walk through the door. I immediately sat back down and stared at Renny, expecting him to tell me who he is. Renny shrugged and was about to say something to him when the guy just walked out.

"Damn, and I wanted his number," I said, causing everyone to laugh. "I'll see you later. I'm going to go kill time on my only day off. " Everyone said their goodbyes and I took off, returning into the streets of New York.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG. This is short even for me.