I'll give you my sincerity

5

Rebecca's POV

I plugged my Ipod into my ears and it blasted Jimmy eat World. I quickly changed the song. It wasn't the time to be getting depressed. But everytime a song came on, it somehow made me depressed. Even happy songs. I sighed deeply. It turned to a gasp when I felt a hand on my shoulder.
'Woah, you ok?' Bob asked kindly. My body relaxed. It was only Bob. He smiled sympathetically and put his arm round my shoulder.
'Things will get better tommorow, I promise,' he smiled again. I leaned against him gratefully.
'Bob? Can I stay at yours tonight?' I asked. We always used to have sleepovers when we were younger. His face twisted in regret.
'I can't honey. I'm taking Rachel out for dinner. Our one year anniversary you see?' I saw. I felt angry for a moment at Rachel. Then I remembered she was my best friend. I felt guilty, so I went up to her and hugged her.
'I'm sorry', I mumbled into her shoulder. She frowned slightly, then laughed.
'I forgive you. For something that I don't know you've done,' she laughed again at my confused expression.
I scanned the growing crowd for Gerard. I saw Mikey, then the shock of dark hair that stood out next to his own. Ok, time to take drastic action.
I walked casually up to them both. My heart was silently pounding in my chest but I wasn't going to let them know that.
'Hey guys, we usually go out on a Monday. You know, to the park and stuff? Wanna come?' My mouth said, all by itself. No help from me.
'I'm sorry, we have other...' Gerard started. But Mikey cut him off, abruptly, causing his brother to glare at him.
'We'd love to. We'll meet you there at about six. Is that ok?' he asked, smiling broadly. I nodded. I still felt numb. Then my mind kicked in.
Oh god, your going out! With Gerard!
Grow up loser. What do you think it is, a date? He didn't even want to come. But his brother made him. Gerard doesn't like you Rebecca. Get that into your thick head my mind shouted angrily at me. I suppose it was right in a way. Gerard didn't agree to come with us. Mikey did. Gerard didn't like me. In fact, he hated my guts. Especially now. My mind reeled backwards and forwards, until the end of school bell came. I rushed out without even bothering to say goodbye.

'Frank! Give me it back, you moron!' I shouted at him, causing him to laugh even harder. He waved the note in the air, out of my reach. I was smaller than Frank Iero. Now that was what you'd call small.
Emilee swung higher on the swings, being pushed by Bob. Kelly and Mikey were talking quietly on the roundabout. Everyone else was laughing at me.
'Frank!' I growled deep in my throat and jumped at him. He looked startled at my sudden attack and we were soon rolling about in the wet grass.
'Ewww Frank, I'm mucky!' I exclaimed.
'I'm sure Gerard will make you squeaky clean again,' he giggled, whispering in my ear. I hit him hard on the arm.
'Ow! That hurt! Emilee, she hurt me,' he pouted, running over to her. She laughed as he sat on her knee.
'Frank, I can't push both of you. Get off,' Bob demanded. Frank shook his head, then screamed as Bob grabbed his legs and pulled him off.
'B..Bob! Let me down!' he shouted, as Bob slung him over his shoulder.
'Not until you learn to behave.' Bob said sternly, making us all laugh.
'Okay! Okay, I promise. I will be a good little boy, if you just let me down. Please?' he asked, batting his eyelashes. Everyone laughed again.
'Ray!!!' Crimson screamed. My eyes shot to the riverbank. Ray had fallen in. And the river was huge. I mean it led out to sea, for christ's sake. God, somebody had to help him!
My first thought was to go rescue him myself, but then I remembered I couldn't swim. That's that plan down the drain. Or rather, along the river.
'Somebody help him!' I screamed. Everyone seemed to dive into action, and they all sprung up at once. Mikey ripped off his coat and dived in headfirst.
'Mikey!' screamed Gerard, before diving in after him. They both dissapeared under the water with Ray. About ten seconds later, Ray came bobbing up. Bob rushed forward to grab him and haul him out of the river.
'Where's Gerard and Mikey?' Bob asked urgently, scanning the water.
'Mikey...d..drowning. G..Gerard... went. t..t...to save him,' Ray gasped, coughing water up. We all looked desperately at the water. No signs. We sat on the bank, waiting, Kelly and Wolfie crying. We waited for fifteen minutes. Still nothing. After half an hour, we gave up and left for home.