Dakota

Eight

James chuckled to himself some more then headed into the front room where Danny, Sam, Cam, and Ben were all sitting discussing the matters at hand. There was a tour coming up soon with their friends from the Black Veil Brides. Also on tour with them would be Bring Me The Horizon, which weren’t really good friends of any of them.

“No way! Oliver’s a bloody wanker!” Danny shouted, tossing the schedule on the coffee table.

Ben agreed, “I don’t want em’ anywhere near Kota.”

“Always worrin’ bout that bird.” Cam shook his head with a sly smile.

Ben glared then looked up at James who had stopped chuckling but had a large smirk on his face.

“Go check on Kota, would ya?” ben spoke before going back to looking at his papers.

James shrugged and headed back down the hallway to where Dakota was trying her best to find a place to hide. He tilted his head sideways and silently watched the brunette. She frantically pulled on doors trying to get them to open.

“Stop.” James commanded.

Instantly Dakota stopped but her willpower was strong, she resisted as best as she could. James rolled his eyes and walked past her, forcing her to follow him into the large room down the hall.

“What do ya like to watch, luv?” He asked, sitting her down in front of the large plasma screen TV.

Dakota bit her lip then blurted it out, “The Misfits.”

James smirked, “The Misfits, eh?”

“Ay.” Dakota nodded not sure if he was making fun of her or not.

He just nodded and turned on the TV and putting on the Misfits for her to watch. James pulled out a pack of cigarettes and pulled one out.

“Ya smoke, luv?” He held the pack out offering her one.

Dakota nodded and took the offering, placing it between her lips and letting him light it.

“Thanks mate.” She smiled.

James rubbed his nose and shrugged, not replying to her. Dakota got caught up watching her favorite show with James that she didn’t even notice Sam and Cam come in. Cam stole James’s pack and quickly James got angry.

“Aw what’s wrong mate?” Cam chuckled, holding the pack out of the drummer’s reach.

Dakota glanced over at Sam who just shot her a wink a look that said don’t pay any mind to these bastards.

“Just fuckin give me my cigs, you cunt.” James growled.

Cam smirked, “Come and get em.”

Before Dakota could move James lunged at Cam, in the process accidently hitting Dakota in the face with his knee. She quickly feel backwards and groaned, holding her nose as blood gushed out of it. All eyes were on her and her eyes widened when she realized what was happening. The way they looked at her with hungry eyes as they crept closer to her.

She raced out of the room and ran as fast as her legs would take her down the hall, screaming out, “Ben!”

Before she could blink James, Sam, and Cam had surrounded her. She had nowhere to turn to without seeing one of them. Fangs barred from their mouths, and their eyes were a dark red color.

“Back off.” Ben growled with Danny from the end of the hallway.

Danny and Ben both attacked the three wouldn’t listen. Danny knocked out Sam and Ben knocked out James, but Cam attacked. He tackled her to the ground and went in for a bite, ignoring her screaming and thrashing about. Before Cam could even get to close, Ben took him down and yelled for her to run. Dakota scrambled to her feet and raced down the hall to Ben’s room. She didn’t know why she ran to Ben’s room but she did. As best as she could, Dakota locked the door and hid in the bathroom that was connected to his room. She locked the door and quickly began wiping the blood away.

“Are yeh okay, luv?” Ben’s voice came from the other side of the door.

Dakota nodded and slowly reached for the door handle, and peeked out to see him standing with a concerned look on his face.

“Are yeh trying to kill me too?” She whispered.

Ben pushed the door open further and shook his head no, “I’d never hurt yeh.”

Dakota quickly wrapped her arms around him and sobbed into his chest. Ben wanted nothing more than to protect and love her. He held her close, running his hand up and down her back to comfort her. She gripped onto his shirt, not letting go just in case.

“Shush luv, we’re leavin for a bit.” Ben whispered, running his fingers through Dakota’s soft brown hair.

She didn’t argue. Dakota let Ben pick her up and carry her out of the building to a secret garage across the street. He set her down in the passenger seat then climbed into the driver’s seat. Dakota remained silent, careful not to think of anything just in case Ben could in fact read minds. He gave her a sideways glance then reached forward to turn the stereo on and handed her his CD case.

“Pick one.”

Dakota gingerly took the case and flipped through until she landed on Avenged Sevenfold’s self-titled album. She quickly pushed it into the stereo and changed the song to ‘A Little Piece Of Heaven’.

“Yeh like Avenged, ey?” He asked with a smile.

Dakota nodded, “Love em. Favorite album so far is City of Evil.”

Ben already knew that but he didn’t say anything as she told him some of her interests. He was happy that she was comfortable enough to talk a bit more to him. Ben loved hearing her voice it was almost as great as her laughter. The way she talked about music with such passion and the way her eyes sparkled made Ben wish that she would talk about him like that. He swore to protect her and be there for her no matter what, even if she didn’t know it. Ever since the ring touched her hand, she was bonded to him for eternity.