I Think I Need A Devil To Help Me Get Things Right

The First Meeting

I stood backstage excepting backstage passes from the people who were lucky enough to have them, and rejecting the ones who didn’t.

The job was easy for now, I just had to make sure no one was back there that shouldn’t have been. Which included Big Jon.

“How’s it going?” I spun around to see who had said that. I smiled seeing another security guard.

“I’m ok,” I answered.

“A girl security guard that’s new,” he said. I sighed realizing I was going to get that a lot.

“Yeah, but I can do the job well,” I pointed out. He nodded.

“I’m sure you will, but if the guys ever give you a hard time come hang out with me,” he said. I smiled wondering which guys he was referring to. Or all of them. I wasn’t sure how many guys worked with the band, but I was pretty there were more guys than girls.

“Listen I really have to use the restroom, could you,” I motioned towards where I was standing.

“Of course,” he said taking my place I nodded and left.

I looked around backstage realizing this would be the perfect time to start looking around since the band was still onstage, and no one would be paying attention to me.

I walked down different hallways looking for a door. I opened the first one I found and quickly realized it was a practice room. There were instruments laying on the floor, and a drum set in the corner.

I closed the door, doubting I would find anything useful in there. I turned around to come face to face with someone who I instantly recognized to be Zacky Vengeance. I listened closely and realized the music had stopped and that the show was probably over.

He glared at me suspiciously. “What are you doing?” he asked.

“Working,” I answered pointing to my shirt that said security guard on it. He let out a snort of disbelief.

“Yeah right, your just some crazy fan who snuck in here and stole a shirt,” he said rudely. I sighed.

“Well I’m certainly not a fan of yours,” I retaliated. He squinted his eyes at me.

“That’s it I’m calling security,” he mumbled angrily. I rolled my eyes.

“Newsflash I am security,” I answered motioning towards my shirt again.

“Why would they ever hire a girl as a security guard?” He asked. I sighed getting angry.

“Because I can beat anyone’s ass including yours,” I answered smartly. He burst into a hysterical laughter.

“Yeah right you want to fight now?” he asked, and I could tell he was dead serious.

“I have no problem with it, but it’s a lose, lose situation for you,” I mumbled. “Either way you come out looking sucky. If you were to magically win, which I can assure you, you wouldn’t, you would have beaten up a girl. And if you lost you would have lost to a girl.”

“Fine smart ass then I’ll just fire you instead,” he said evilly. My eyes widened a little bit. Getting fired on my fist day on the job. I would never get a big case again.

“No please don’t do that,” I said feeling pathetic for giving in to him that easily. He smirked at me.

“This is going to be fun,” he commented. I sighed realizing he was going to cause me trouble. Little did he know I was trying to protect him.

“Look I’ll stay out of your way and do my job, just don’t fire me,” I said softly.

“Fine, but you haven’t heard the last of me,” he mumbled brushing past me, hitting my soldier along the way. I sighed realizing I should go back.

“I slowly walked back to the spot I was at before, feeling like a failure for getting absolutely nothing done. I saw the security guard and smiled softly, realizing he was probably the only one that was going to be nice to me.

“Hey,” I said.

“Hi,” he replied.

“You know how you said I could come hang out with you if the guys were giving me a hard time?” I asked.

“Yeah,” he said.

“Well………..”I started not really knowing what else to say. He smiled.

“Come on I’ll show you back to our bus,” he said. I gave him a questioning look. “The workers travel on one bus, we all share it, it’s pretty big, and we don’t have that many who travel with us, you will be the only girl,” He explained. I sighed.

“Great,” I mumbled sarcastically.

“It wont be that bad,” he said encouragingly. I smiled up at him since he was pretty tall.

“I’m Cam,” I said, being careful not to say Sam.

“Robert, nice to meet you.”

We began walking.

“So what’s with Zacky Vengeance, Is he always that mean?” I asked as Robert slung his arm around my shoulder.

“Only to girls he likes,” he answered.
♠ ♠ ♠
THANKS FOR READING hope you like it. Comments?