I Think I Need A Devil To Help Me Get Things Right

The Call

We stayed like that for ten minutes but it felt like hours, the best hours of my life. I was thankful that this hallway stayed empty. I began to hear System of a Down playing in the hallway, and slowly pulled away realizing that was my ring tone, and my cell phone was ringing.

“No don’t stop,” he muttered angrily. I laughed.

“I have to it’s my cell phone,” I said pulling it out of my pocket.

“You had us stop kissing just so you could talk on the fucking phone?” he asked in slight disbelief.

“It’s my job,” I said. It stopped ringing right as I put it up to my ear. I sighed, looking at the missed calls seeing it was Rob calling.

I took a step to walk away, but he pulled me back.

“Where do you think your going?” he asked, a little meanly.

“To go find Rob and see what he wants, it’s my job I have to,” I said.

I wasn’t the best employee, I took to many breaks, snuck around when no one was looking, and just spent the last fifteen minuets kissing my boss instead of doing my job.

“Get a new one,” he whined.

“I like this one,” I answered pulling my hand out of his so I could walk away.

“Because you get to hang out with super sexy me all the time,” he said.

“Do you care about anyone, but yourself?” I asked. He thought for a moment.

“Not really,” he answered.

“Good to know,” I mumbled angrily walking away.

I found Rob and found out why he had called. Apparently five kids had somehow snuck it backstage, which I figured was my fault for getting to mixed up with Zacky.

By the time I had found Rob, all but one of them had been caught. Me and Rob quickly went off to find the last one. I didn’t take to long to find him, but getting him to leave was much more difficult.

I ended up fighting him. Rob insisted he do it, but I figured it was finally time to show these guys my hidden talent of fighting.

“That was incredible,” Rob said running up to me. The last guy had been kicked out and even arrested for trespassing. I laughed.

“I told you I could do this job,” I said. It didn’t take to long for me to defeat him. He left in pain, while I only had a little cut on my forehead, which was actually from tripping on my way out.

“I still cant believe it you never said you were that good,” he gushed. I smiled, no one had ever given me such complements, back at the FBI offices, there everyone just expected you to be fighters.

“Good at what?” I heard Jimmy asked. Me and Rob turned around.

“What happened?” Zacky asked stepping out of Jimmy’s shadow and into the light. The others guys crowded around me.

“It was no big deal,” I said not really wanting to talk about it with them. I doubt they would be impressed anyway, they were all good fighters from what I had heard especially Matt.

“She was amazing,” Rob said.

“I had to fight this guy who was trespassing backstage.” I explained.

“Big deal we all can fight,” Zacky mumbled trying to sound more macho than he was.

“She was way better than you would expect better than me even,” Rob said. I laughed.

“I doubt that,” I answered. I figured it was true, but I was trying to be nice. I watched Zacky open his mouth to say something, but closed it again.

I thought that the kid could have been someone who worked with big Jon so I decided to investigate it.

“I’m going to go,” I said mostly to Ron neglecting to say where. He nodded.

“Well I think you’re the best fighter I have ever seen,” he said. I smiled.

“Your to nice,” I said motioning to my phone. I looked at Zacky, and could see jealousy and anger written all over his face.

I sat on the workers bus, with my laptop in my hand, typing in the name Hunter Wilson. It was the name of one of the guys that sneaked in here. The one I had dealt with. I watched as a police report came up. I clicked it and saw his mug shot. I read the police report and found out he had been in jail multiple times for different reasons.

Assaulting an officer, drug possession, multiple D.U.I charges, even attempted murder. This definitely wasn’t a good guy and the possibility that he was working with Big Jon increased as I continued reading about him.

I finally found it. He was involved in a gang shooting, he was in the same gang as Big Jon. I sat back letting everything I had just figured out sink in.

Big Jon sent five of his workers in to find something, or someone, but what, what do they want, what are they here for?

I picked up my phone to call Adam to tell him what I had found out, but stopped when the bus door opened. I quickly closed my phone and turned off the computer making sure to save the page first, and watched as Zacky came over to sit next to me.

I expected him to either start yelling at me, or force himself onto me, but he did neither.

“Remember when Rob gave that phone to you?” he asked. I nodded, not sure of what to say or where this was going. “Well I have something for you too,” he said taking a box out of his pocket. He handed it over to me.

I opened it seeing a necklace with a silver guitar. I smiled it was beautiful.

“What is this for?” I asked picking it up out of the box and laying it in my hand.

“I wanted to be the one to give you the best present you have ever gotten,” he answered.

“Well you are I love it,” I said smiling. “Could you?”

I bunched up my hair and Zacky put the necklace around my neck, clipping it in the back. He let it fall, and I turned around so he could see it on me. He smiled.

“I’m glad you like it,” he said. An awkward silence fell over us, and I watched him begin to lean in, but stopped when he heard the door to the bus open.

“You wont believe what happened,” George yelled walking into the bus.

“What?” I asked taking my eyes off of Zacky to look at him.

“Rob got fired.” he said.
“What?” I yelled standing up. “No why?”

“Because someone got him fired,” George said angrily.

“Who?” I asked through gritted teeth. Rob was becoming my best friend, no way I was letting him leave without a fight.

George pointed to Zacky.

“What Zacky you didn’t,” I yelled. He stood up.

“I didn’t like him, he had to go,” he said. I starred at him in disbelief.

“I cant fucking believe you, he never did anything to you, and he is good at his job,’ I defended.

“Whatever we can replace him,” he shrugged.

“No we cant,” I yelled. We began yelling at each other, and even George jumped in on my side of course.

I sighed as my phone started to ring.

“SHUT UP,” I screamed on the top of my lungs. They stopped yelling at each other and looked at me. “My phone is ringing,”

“You and your phone,” Zacky mumbled angrily.

“It could be important,” I said as I answered my phone.

“I bet it’s not, I bet it’s Rob asking you out,” Zacky whispered. I glared at him.

My eyes widened as I listen to what was frantically being said to me over the phone.

“It’s important,” I said in a very serious voice. “Very important.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it. Everythings getting more complicated.

Thanks for reading, comment so I know if it's good or not.