Careless Understatement

3rd Grade Geography

The tough thing about following you heart is that people forget to mention that sometimes the heart takes you to places you shouldn't be. Places that are as scary as they are exciting and as dangerous as they are alluring. Sometimes your heart cannot take you to places that lead to happy endings. That’s not even the difficult part; the difficult part is when you follow your heart, you leave normal; you go into the unknown and once you do you can never go back.

I woke up to my alarm the next morning and scrunched up my nose slightly before getting up. I walked in my bathroom and brushed my teeth. Once I was done I looked at my hair and ran my hand threw it slightly and shrugged. “Good enough for me” I said before walking into my room. I grabbed a clean set of clothes and got dressed before walking downstairs. My mom took one look at me and blinked “When did you get you belly button pierced?” she asked. “About a year ago” I said. She nodded slightly. “You know they won’t let you wear that” I smiled “I’m going to put something over it” I said. She nodded and set a bowl of cereal in front of me “dig in” I laughed slightly but ate anyways.

When I was done I walked up to my room and grabbed my backpack and took all the shit from my old school out leaving in paper, a few binders and pens. I stood up and tossed it on my bed before grabbing my phone and iPod. I shoved my headphones in my ears and Cher Lloyd blasted threw my headphones and I smiled slightly. I turned my phone on vibrate before shoving it in my back pocket and walking over to my closet. I grabbed a vest and pulled it on. It was short enough that it still showed off my belly ring and some skin, but not too much to get me in trouble…hopefully.

I didn’t really care anyways.

I picked my bag of and slid it over my shoulder before grabbing my keys and walking out of my room. I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen again. I opened the fridge and grabbed one of the energy drinks I had brought with me yesterday and my mom walked over and handed me a paper. “Directions to get to the school” I nodded and took them “Ok mommy I’m off to school! I’m a big kid now! I got my big girl panties on” I said snapping the string to my underwear causing her to laugh. I kissed her cheek “Love you” I said before walking to the door. I heard her call out a love you to before I shut the door and I smiled before walking over to my car and opening the door.

I followed the directions to the school, which took a whole 5 minutes to get to. Stupid small fucking town. When I parked in the parking lot I was aware of literally every pair of eyes on my car. Which caused me to roll my eyes behind my sunglasses. “Fuck me man” I muttered before grabbing my bag and slinging it over my shoulder and getting out. “Wow, she is hot” a kid said. I rolled my eyes again at the fact that he thought I couldn’t hear him. I locked my car before walking past everyone and into the office.

“Hi I’m-“

“Oh Dakota yes! I have all your stuff right here dear” the lady behind the desk said sliding a stack of books towards me. I blinked slightly before slipping my bag off and unzipping it setting the books in. “And here is your class schedule. And welcome to Forks High” she said. I smiled “Thanks” I said taking the paper. I walked out of the office before slipping my headphones back in and looked down at the paper to see there was a little map attached to it along with my locker number and combination. “You must be Dakota” I blinked slightly and pulled one of my headphones out again and looked at the Asian kid who was now walking next to me. “And you are?” I asked. “Oh I’m Eric” he said holding his hand out. I shook it slowly and he smiled “So why’d you move to Forks?” he asked “To get drunk in the forest and have sex with trees” I said seriously.

He looked at me and I rolled my eyes “That is my way of saying it’s none of your business” I said. He looked taken aback and I looked back at my paper before taking a drink of my RockStar. “Anyways, if you need anything let me know” he said “I need you to fuck off” ok I didn’t say that…in my head I did. Instead I threw a fake smile at him and nodded “Sure think Eric” I said before walking away.

I got to my locker and opened it tossing my math and English book in it considering I didn’t have those until after lunch along with two of the binders in my bag. I kept my Science and history books and two binders in my bag and zipped it up sliding it over my shoulder before locking my locker and walking down the hall. I walked into my History class and walked up to the teacher. “Aw you must be Dakota” he said. No shit Sherlock I thought. “I’m Mr. Carter” he said as the bell rang. Students pilled in and I leaned against the white board waiting.

“Ok everyone this is Dakota-“ “Like the state?” one kid in the back said. I recognized him as the dumbass that called me hot in the parking lot. “Wow congrats kid you just showed everyone you managed to pass 3rd grade geography with flying colors” I said. “Oh, Mike got told” one kid said as everyone else snickered. “Ok Tyler Mike calm down…Dakota…nicely done go ahead and sit next to Tyler” he said pointing to the boy that spoke up after me. I pushed off the board and walked over to the seat next to him and set my bag down. Tyler held out his hand. “I’m Tyler” I smiled and grabbed his hand “Dakota” I said. He smiled and I pulled my History book out of my bag and turned my iPod off and shoved it in my pocket. “Ok everyone turn to page 25 and answer questions 1 through 50. First one done gets….something” Mr. Carter said. I opened my book and pulled out a piece of paper and a pen and looked at question one.

Wonderful, I already knew all this shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
see!! That one was Longer!