Careless Understatement

Sexist

Life isn't about keeping score. It's not about how many people call you and it's not about who you've dated, are dating, or haven't dated at all. It isn't about who you've kissed, what sport you play, or which guy or girl likes you. It's not about your shoes or your hair or the color of your skin or where you live or go to school. In fact, it's not about grades, money, clothes, or colleges that accept you or not. Life isn't about if you have lots of friends, or if you are alone, and it's not about how accepted or unaccepted you are. Life just isn't about that. But life is about who you love and who you hurt. It's about how you feel about yourself. It's about trust, happiness, and compassion. Life is about avoiding jealousy, overcoming ignorance, and building confidence. It's about what you say and what you mean. It’s about seeing people for who they are and not what they have. Most of all, it is about choosing to use your life to touch someone else's in a way that could never have been achieved otherwise. These choices are what life's about.

“The last new kid was Bella. She came last year. She is cute but you…you Dakota…wow”

I thought seriously about punching this kid in the face. I imagined ways the entire period on how to bash his face in and not get kicked out of class. I thanked god when the bell rang. “How about I show you to your next class I mean I know this place like the-“ “Dude shut the hell up! For the love of fucking god. I have listened to you hit on me for the past hour. Shut up for once In your life. You are so damn annoying. I just want to kick you in the fucking balls. No I don’t want to hang out after school. No I don’t want to go out with you. I will never fucking like you. Get it through your head. For fucks sake just shut up!” I said before walking out of the class and into the hallway.

“Mike can be a bit to handle sometimes” I looked over to see a girl and she smiled “I’m Jessica” she said. I looked at her and rose an eye brow. “Let me guess he has a great personality and you like him so you are going to act like my friend to make sure I don’t get near him. Well don’t worry honey, I don’t want him near me. So you can have him and good fucking luck with that” I said before walking away. I walked down the halls till I found the gym and walked in. “Dakota?” I nodded at the teacher. He motioned for me to follow him and into the locker room he went.

“Here is your uniform, locker number and combination. Get changed then come see me” he said before walking away. “What ever you say man” I said before hunting down my locker. I changed and shoved my shit in the locker before walking out to the teacher “Ok you got Volleyball with the girls.” I looked at him. “Are you serious. You want me to play volleyball. Why can’t I play basketball with the guys? That’s sexist” I said. He grabbed a basket ball and blew his whistle. “Gee I didn’t want to hear tomorrow.” I muttered. “Everyone on the bleachers. You with me” he said. I followed him to the middle of the basketball court and rose an eye brow.

“If you can make it into the basket from here then you can play whatever you want for the rest of the school year” he said. “Are you for real?” I asked. he nodded and I rolled my eyes. “That’s impossible for a girl” Mike called. I rolled my eyes and looked at him “Is that why you can’t make it?” I asked. Everyone laughed and my eyes landed on Edward. Bella was right next to him and I rolled my eyes. There was no way I was playing Volleyball. “Come on Dakota since you think you are all that” the teacher said.

I looked at him and glared slightly before looking at the court. I turned around facing away from the basketball hoop and threw the ball backward. I heard it go through the net and he looked at me shocked. “Let me guess. It went in right?” I asked. He nodded and I smiled “Soccer Ball would be nice” I said. “How did you do that…can you do it facing the net?” he asked. I turned around “Mike Ball” he said. Mike stood up and grabbed the ball jogging over and handing it to him. He handed it to me and I threw it at the net sinking it in. “how did you do that?” Mike asked. “It’s this magical thing called talent something I know you are not too familiar with” I said. He rolled his eyes “Please I could do that” he said. I smirked “Then do it” I said. “Right now?” “Right now. And if you get it in, I’ll go on a date with you” I said. He smiled and ran over and got the ball.

He ran back over and stood looking at the hoop before throwing the ball…and missing….miserably. I smirked and looked back at the teacher “Now can I play basketball with the guys?” I asked. He nodded and blew his whistle. “That was amazing” Tyler said jogging over to me. I smiled “Didn’t see that one coming from a chick in heels did you?” I asked pointing to my shoes. He looked down and I smiled before slipping them off and tossing them to the side of the court before grabbing the ball out of his hands. “Come on Tyler…think you can beat a girl?” I asked. He laughed and went to grab the ball and missed. “So close, but not quiet. Try again” I said dripping it in place. He smiled and I shot it into the hoop. “How’d you learn that?” he asked “You’ll never know.” I said but for some reason I found my eyes wondering over to Edward…

Who was staring directly at me.

Black eyes and all.

Awkward.
♠ ♠ ♠
I Love The Wanted....