Sequel: No Such Thing
Status: Fin<3

Her Eyes Say Yes

Well all I got's

Ariana laid in bed, feeling empty. Alex left three weeks ago and she heard from him every other night. Tonight was the latter, and she wasn’t going to hear from him. On a plus side, Kara was coming over for a while. Ariana’s phone buzzed and she opened it slowly, seeing Kara’s picture above the words that read ‘incoming call’. She pressed the green button and said a soft hello.

“Hey you ghost of a girl,” Kara was smiling on the other end, “Did you apply to a college?”

“Yeah, a lot actually.” Ariana had applied to some colleges around the state, and a few down where her aunt lived, but only because her step-dad had made her.

“Does the college Birmingham-Southern ring a bell?” Her heart dropped and the line went dead right as Kara walked through her bedroom door. “Cause, they sent a letter.” She handed Ariana the letter and the small girl quickly opened it without waiting, yanking out the small letter within. Her eyes skimmed it and then filled with tears. “Oh baby girl,” Kara wrapped her arms around the petite girl, “I’m sorry.”

“I-I made i-it…” Ariana sputtered, holding the acceptance letter in her painted hand.

“You did?!” Kara screamed and let go, staring at her. Ariana nodded. “Oh my god, Ari! That’s amazing!” Her arms squeezed Ariana again as she cried in happiness. She was finally getting away from her parents, for good. She had to tell Alex, but it was only six in the morning in California, and she knew they wouldn’t be up yet. She smiled and opened her twitter, not realizing she was still logged in as TheOne instead of her personal account.

Got into Birmingham-Southern!

She updated the status and hugged Kara again, the older girl pulling Ariana off the bed. “Time to celebrate with waffles! Wafflehouse!” She grinned and they ran to Kara’s car, still both in their pajamas.

xoxo


“Ungh… I don’t feel so good…” she moaned, holding her stomach as Kara laughed. “I’m serious Kare…”

“You ate like eight waffles.”

“Three. I ate three.”

“A normal person eats one.”

“I’m not normal.”

“I know.”

“Fu-“ Ariana didn’t get to finish her sentence before she emptied the contents of her stomach into the toilet in Waffle House. “Oh my god,” she moaned as the spewing continued. Kara stepped out to get a bottle of water, and handed it to Ariana. When there was nothing left to puke up, she drank the whole bottle and stumbled out of the bathroom. The employees looked upset as they saw the nauseous look to Ariana, knowing they’d have to clean the bathrooms up. Kara paid and helped Ariana to the car, grabbing a plastic bag from the back and handing it to her just in case.

“Just think, Ari. You’ve got your last week of high school and then graduation coming up.” Ariana smiled softly and nodded, holding her head in her hands. Kara pulled up to her house and helped her inside, Ariana still feeling woozy. “Gosh, now you know not to eat so much.” She glared and Kara held her hands up defensively, drawing a small laugh from Ariana. “It’s eight over there, I’m sure their awake.” She just let out a groan and fell onto her bed, having taken three Tylenol.

“I don’t feel like talking to anyone,” she breathed, her stomach doing flips, but not in the good way.

“Okay, just make sure you call him later. I’ve got to head out to work.” Ugh work. “I’ll stop by and tell Hank you’re sick. Bye Ari,” Kara smiled and started to walk out.

“Bye Kare, thank you.” Ariana closed her eyes and cuddled up to her body pillow, dreaming it was Alex beside her.

xoxo


@TheOneToBlayme Congrats on getting in to Birmingham-Southern

Ariana blanched at the tweet on her phone. How could she be so stupid, not putting that on HER twitter instead of TheOne’s. Dammit! She couldn’t tell Alex that she got in too, he’d get really suspicious. She’d have to tell Kara the whole story over TheOne, and in all honestly, she wasn’t sure how Kara would take it, Alex being one of her best friends.

The next hour was spent calling Kara, who she hadn’t seen in a few days since the Birmingham letter, and telling her the story. She was disappointed in Ariana for not telling Alex sooner, but promised to keep Birmingham-Southern a secret from him until the day for Ariana to actually go, really came. Of course, Kara also made Ariana to promise to tell Alex before things got even more complicated and they both ended up really hurt. Then they made plans to go dress shopping later that night since Ariana’s graduation was only two days away.

“I still can’t believe the whole twitter thing,” she admitted as she faced Ariana with a peach dress. The small girl crinkled her nose and shook her head. “I mean, that’s insane! He’ll be so pissed when he finds out!” Ariana glared and Kara took that as a cue to shut up after apologizing.

“I feel bad enough Kare. I love him though, I really do.” She finally pulled out a yellow ruffled dress and matched it with white shoes. “I’m wearing this.” She admired the dress with a smile.

“That’s adorable!” Kara smiled and they walked to the check-out, neither really wanting to make shopping an all day affair.

“I just don’t know who to tell him exactly…”

As they walked out, Ariana’s phone rang, Alex’s picture coming to the screen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler filler filler. Anyone want to take bets on what's wrong with Ariana? ;) I won't keep you guys waiting too long on the revealing of who TheOne is... only one month to go before Alex comes home, anyway. Bahahaha <3 Love yall.