Status: Completed

So, Long Live Us

I see sparks fly whenever you smile

I heard the door creak open. I looked at my surroundings and realised I was still in Jack’s bed. I was curled up in a ball still and tangled in his sheets. I threw the sheets off me and jumped down from Jack’s bed. Obviously I had fallen asleep in Jack’s bunk. “Maddison!” I hear Jack call.
“In here” I shout back. Jack ran in and pulled me into a tight hug. I felt all the emotions flooding back to my body.
“Maddison,I’m so sorry! I never meant to say all those things to you back at the interview. I just didn’t know how to take it.The thing is you're growing up and you're going to have these problems with girls and boys and I didn’t know how to deal with it. You're my little girl and I didn’t know how to deal with it” Jack says softly as he lets go of my body.

I felt bad for Jack now. I didn’t want to make things so complicated and I certainly didn’t want to be feeling like I was going to lose Jack.

“Jack, it isn’t the fact she is with Alex.I can deal with that.It’s something else”
“Then tell me?”

I look around, seeing Lisa sat with Alex at the front of the bus watching my every move. It’s like she knew exactly what was going to be said. “I’ll tell you at the hotel,okay?” I said softly. Jack nods and walks to the front. I followed and sat myself down next to Rian. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I leaned my head in the crook of his neck.

“What’s up buttercup?” Rian asks me softly so only I could hear what he was saying.
“Let’s just say Alex’s girlfriend and I don’t exactly get on” I say softer than his tone of voice.
“Well we’re going to meet the band we’re touring with later and the lead singer is a girl so maybe she’ll make up for the loss of friendship with Lisa”
“Who is the band you guys are touring with?”
“We Are The In Crowd” Rian says as he turns his direction to my face.

I have been a fan of We Are The In Crowd for so long now and Jack knew. “Jack Bassam Barakat why didn’t you tell me that you were touring with We Are The In Crowd?!” I say as I untangle myself from Rian’s grip and jump up,taking a run at Jack.
“I wanted to surprise you” I jump onto Jack and he holds me steady and I hug him tightly.
“How did you get them?”
“Alex knew Tay from a thing he went to ages ago”
“Alexander, why didn’t you tell me as well? You know that I’m a fan Mr!”
“I forgot until Jack said something before we were planning the tour. Thought I would surprise my best friend’s sister who just so happens to be my best friend too” He says, gleaming at me.

I wanted to jump of Jack and just jump on Alex. Let him hold me tight like he has done so many times before. But of course Lisa was gripping onto him like he was going to die any second.

“Thanks Alex” I say. I sit on Jack’s lap and just stay there until we got to the hotel. There wasn’t much for me to do anyway. I was pretty useless this tour. They had another girl to talk to.

Then again, Rian and Zack weren’t doing much talking. It was just Alex and his girlfriend. I promised Alex I wouldn’t let him ignore everyone else but how was I meant to tell him when she was clinging onto me? How was I meant to talk to him all tour?
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I have started using comment swap for this story and I really think it's going to help me. It's going to take a bit of time to get into what the critism says as this is how I write but I will always be open for constructive critism and hopefully I do get into the routine of correcting my grammatical mistakes but it may take time so please just bear with me as I try to make my stories more enjoyable and well written. Thanks for the time and critism guys!