Status: Complete (:

The Winchester Gospels

The Roadhouse

Parker pulled herself through her window, climbing up the rose-clad trellis. She made sure to land quietly to not wake her mother up.

Quietly, Parker grabbed her backpack and emptied it of her school books and filled it up with clothes and other necessities. She didn’t know how long it would take to find Dean so she packed as much as she could fit into the bag.

She froze when she heard the creak of the wooden floor down the hall.

Parker wondered if her mother had heard her come in. Footsteps echoed through the house and Parker knew she wasn’t going to slip out as easily as first thought.

Parker jumped into bed, tossing the backpack into the open closet. The door squeaked open as Parker’s head hit the pillow.

“Parker?” Her mother asked sleepily. “It’s after one. What are you doing up?”

Parker sat up; there was no point in hiding her street clothes. “I went to see that movie with Alyssa.”

Her mother scanned the room, noticing her daughter’s school supplies strewn messily across the floor. “What’s going on?” She was more awake.

Parker could feel her cheeks heat up. She was never any good at lying to her mother. “Nothing. Just cleaning out my backpack.”

Parker stood up quickly as her mother made her way to the closet and picked up the bag full of clothes. “What’s this?” She demanded.

Parker frowned, unsure of what to say. She couldn’t tell her mom about the vision she had seen. Her mother would get angry at Parker for not taking her medicine. Parker never asked for any of this and the medication didn’t help. Her problem was beyond simple science and pills. She just started hiding the episodes from her mother.

“I have to do something.” Parker replied finally.

“What?” Her mother pursed her lips, “Run away?”

“Not exactly.” Parker sighed, running an agitated hand through her long red hair. “I have to save someone.”

Her mother let out a cruel, disbelieving laugh. “It happened again, didn’t it?”

“Mom—”

“Answer the question, Parker.” Her mother’s eyes were narrowed and dangerous.

“Yes, but—” Parker tried to argue.

“No ‘but’s’,” Her mother said furiously, “Why aren’t you taking your medication? These delusions you have aren’t real, Parker!” She shook her head, throwing the bag on the ground.

“The medication never worked. These aren’t delusions, mom! Deans real!” Parker argued quickly. “And he’s going to die if I don’t find him and warn him!”

Parker Marie Forest.” Her mother said in a low, seething voice, “You take your medication and stop talking nonsense! Dean isn’t real. Don’t make me call Dr. Vost.”

Parker winced. Dr. Vost was the head doctor at the state mental institution that she threatened to send her daughter to when Parker first had the visions and started talking nonsense about a British ‘acquirer’. Parker bit her tongue, not wanting to anger her mother. Parker knew that this was upsetting and hard for her to understand. She had come to accept what she was and had to do something about it now. She had let the British woman die; she couldn’t let Dean fall prey to the same fate.

“Okay,” Parker lied, “You’re right, mom. I’m sorry. I’ll take my meds.”

Her mother sighed with relief before engulfing Parker in a hug. “I just worry about you. I want you to get better, Parker.” She muttered, running a hand through her daughter’s hair.

“I know,” Parker nodded, pulling away. “I’m really tired. I just want to go to bed and forget about this.”

Her mother smiled, “Good idea.” She made her way to the door before turning around. “Good night, Parker.”

“G’night.” Parker replied, pretending to go through her pajama drawer. As soon as her mother shut the door, Parker grabbed a piece of paper and scribbled a quite note down:

I’m sorry. I have to save Dean. I’ll be home as soon as it’s over. Love, Parker.

Parker snatched up her backpack, stuffing her wallet and extra cash in it before hopping out her window again. She landed with a soft thud and straightened herself up. Parker knew she would be sent to Dr. Vost for this but at the moment she didn’t care. She had to save Dean.

Parker tightened the straps around her shoulders and set off into the night.

* * *


The red-headed girl stared at her surroundings. After taking a short bus ride a few towns over, Parker was sitting in a surprisingly busy roadhouse. It had to be after three by now and there were almost fifteen people in the tiny, dingy tavern.

A blonde, sour-looking girl who was probably only a few years older than Parker brought her a glass of water.

“I haven’t ordered yet.” Parker told the blonde, confused.

“It’s the only thing you’re old enough to drink here.” She replied, “What would you like to eat?”

Parker hadn’t seen a menu anywhere on the table. There weren’t specials listed on some brightly decorated board either. Was this some sort of test?

“Uh,” Parker cleared her throat. “What do you have?”

The blonde (whose nametag read Jo) itched her head quickly with the tip of her old pencil. “Burgers and fries.”

At three in the morning, Parker didn’t particularly feel like having her arteries clogged.

“I’m good.” Parker answered, smiling briskly. Jo nodded and moved onto the next customer. Parker took a sip of her water and peered at the strange group of folks surrounding her. She had never been one for adventures in the middle of the night so she’d never really seen people like this. Almost every single one of them was wear a ripped piece of clothing or plaid. Parker could have sworn there was some blood on one long haired man before his bulky friend caught her staring and sent him off.

Quickly feeling uneasy, Parker grabbed her bag. Before she could stand up and disappear, a gruff voice muttered something that made her stay. It was a name. “Dean Winchester—”

Parker froze, cocking her ear so she could hear the two rugged-looking men talk more clearly.

The black haired, thicker man sitting with his back directly to Parker spoke, “I talked to Bobby just before they headed out.”

His thinner, balding companion grunted, “What did he say? Going to kill the devil?” He sneered.

The thicker man cracked his neck, “Something like that. About a year back, Dean made a deal with some Crossroads Demon—” (His buddy scoffed scornfully) “—and times running out. I guess he didn’t get such a good deal.”

“What could possibly be worth only living a year before going to hell forever?” The thin man frowned, simply disgusted by the thought.

“His brother,” The thick man responded, “Sam.”

The thin man threw back his head and laughed loudly, “Always knew they were a little too close.”

Parker couldn’t see the thick man’s face but she was sure he was rolling his eyes. “Have a little respect, Jacob. The man’s going to hell for his brother. That’s dedication.”

“Whatever, Robb.” Jacob muttered, gulping back his beer.

Parker silently begged Robb to let slip where Dean was going.

“So, what did Bobby tell you about the suicidal plan?” Jacob asked.

“They’re gonna try to kill the deal holder. Heading down to New Harmony now.” Robb answered, sloshing back his drink.

“Indiana? That’s where the famous Crossroads Demon is?” Jacob snorted, “Classy.”

“Go get two more beers.” Robb said smartly, shoving his cup towards Jacob.

“Who died and made you king?” Jacob retorted, snatching the mugs and making his way to the tiny wooden bar.

Parker couldn’t believe her luck. What were the odds that someone in decrepit, mysterious roadhouse would have the key to her next move?

There was no way for Parker to know they were talking about the right Dean but she had to trust her only lead. She didn’t know how much time Dean had left until her vision came true so there was no time to waste. New Harmony was a two day trip by bus so she had to get going now.

Parker hopped out of her booth and made it halfway to the door when the lights in the room started to brighten. The place was dim at three in the morning for a reason, why would someone turn them up now?

The light wasn’t like normal light. It didn’t stop getting brighter and brighter. Parker was not the only one putting her arm up as a shield and looking around in panic. A gasp slipped out of her mouth when almost everyone in the room pulled out some sort of weapon.

Where the hell was she?

“Ellen!” Someone shouted but Parker couldn’t see who.

Parker.” A gravelly voice said calmly. “Parker, can you hear me?

Everyone in the room screamed, covering their ears and cowering on the ground. Parker couldn't see who or what was calling her name.

Parker,” It repeated, the windows in the building shattered. Parker ducked, covering her face. She glanced up quickly once the glass had settled but couldn’t see through the blinding light. Parker turned over her shoulder and a man she hadn’t noticed in the bar before stood unaffected by what was going on. “Parker, you must come with me.

Parker stayed in her crouched position, staring in shock. He was almost half a foot taller then the redhead. His dark brown hair was slightly disheveled, as was his tie and most of his appearance. The strangest thing about him was his clean trench coat. He looked so unbelievably out of place in the roadhouse.

His bright blue eyes seemed to be soaking in the endless light covering the room.

Without warning, the man touched her shoulder and the light was gone. So was the roadhouse.

Parker fell backwards in shock and tried to scoot away from the mysterious man. Had they just time traveled? No, that was preposterous. She had obviously been magically transported to another located.

“W-What did you do?” Parker blurted.

“We needed to converse in private.” The trench coat-clad man answered. “The hunters would not have survived my voice for much longer.”

“Hunters? Survived your—What?” Parker sputtered, staring wide-eyed at the strange man.

“Do not ask stupid questions.” He answered swiftly, getting tired of this girl already. He knew she wasn’t a simple minded human but that didn’t mean Castiel’s patience wasn’t being tempted.

Parker bit her tongue, trying to think of a question that would not be deemed stupid by this man.

“Who are you?” Parker whispered fearfully.

“I am Castiel,” He responded powerfully, “an angel of the Lord.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, rec, and subscribe (:
I get out of school tomorrow. Yay!