Status: On Hold

Take Me With You

Luke

I lay there and stare at Sabrina’s sleeping face. That was, well, different. She actually hit her peak this time, and as soon as she did, so do I. It was amazing. As she lies there, I stroke her cheek and look at her small body. Her stomach is the first thing I look at, and I reach over to it and rest my hands on it. She remains asleep, but moves her hands onto her stomach, right on top of mine. I smile and move closer to her, taking a deep breath at her neck.

My lips rest on her jaw and she smiles in her sleep, squirming a little bit. “Lukey,” she mutters in her sleep with a light giggle.

I smile and, even though I know she’s asleep, I whisper, “Sabrina.”

She giggles again and moves close to me, bringing her hands up and above her head. “I love you,” she whispers, her voice trailing off in sleep.

My eyes get a little big. “What?” I ask quietly.

Her eyes flutter open after a few seconds and she asks, “What?” She smiles at me, and I don’t think she knows what she said.

“You said something weird,” I whisper, stroking her hair.

“What did I say?” she asks, lacing her fingers in my hair.

I kiss her forehead and say, “You called me Lukey, and then… You said that you love me.”

Her smile widens sleepily and she yawns. “I do love you,” she says, her eyes drooping.

Without thinking, I kiss her deeply and wrap my arms around her waist.

She chuckles and says, “Well that woke me up!”

I smile. “Sorry,” I whisper before I hold her tighter. “I love you.”

“I know,” she whispers, kissing my cheek. “I’m going to get dressed, in case I start to get sick. That way, Jordan doesn’t see anything he doesn’t need to see.”

She sits up and I look at her bare back as she turns around. I smile and turn, pulling on my underwear and jeans.

“Luke?” she asks.

I turn my head. “Yeah?”

“Can you leave your shirt off for a little bit?” Her eyes are big and pleading. I smile and nod, tapping on my cheek to gesture for a kiss. She smiles and leans forward, kissing my cheek lightly. She’s fully dressed and I leave my shirt off as promised. We stand and walk out of the room. Jordan is sitting outside of the door.

“Took you long enough,” he mutters, looking at us.

I laugh and Sabrina blushes, her hand sliding into my back pocket.

“Where’s your shirt?” Jordan asks, his face a little confused.

Sabrina chuckles and says, “My hormones make me want random things. And todays random thing was for Luke’s shirt to remain off.”

I chuckled and hold her close.

“Well then. Anyway, I called your mom, Sabrina. I told her you were here. And I’m sure Chase doesn’t give a shit what’s going on with you, Luke,” he says.

“Whatever. I’m hungry as shit,” I mutter, resting my lips on Sabrina’s head.

She clutches her stomach and mutters, “I’m not,” before she runs off to the bathroom and vomits. I run after her and crouch down next to her, rubbing her warm back. She glances back at me and sighs. “Why does this have to be a side effect?”

I shrug and rest my head on her back, listening to her ragged breathing.

“I think I’m okay now,” she mutters, her voice sounding aggravated.

My fingers lace themselves with hers and we stand up. I look down at her and get an idea, hoping to make her smile. I get on my knees, my face right at her stomach. I place a hand on it and whisper, “You’re giving your mom hell, you know that, right?” I kiss it lightly and look up at Sabrina. She smiles and rests a hand on mine.

“And your daddy is a cheesy little boy,” she says quietly, smiling down at her stomach.

I chuckle quietly and say, “Your mom is a little crazy, too.”

“Not as crazy as your daddy is,” she whispers glancing at me with a silly smirk.

My eyebrows shoot up playfully and I laugh. “But I’ll be your favorite.”

Her mouth drops open and she says, in a playful tone of anger, “You will not be his favorite!”

I cock my eyebrows and ask, “His? What makes you so sure that we’re having a boy?”

“This baby is living inside of me, I think I would know his gender,” she says, her smile widening.

“No, I think we’re having a girl,” I say, tickling her side lightly.

Her eyes squint and she laughs as her nose crinkles. “No, no!” she says, her laughter cutting her off when I tickle her more. I laugh and pull her down with me, laying her body on top of mine. She smiles and kisses me lightly, her foot popping up.

I move my hands down her sides and rest them on her butt.

She chuckles and mutters, “I’m tired, no touching.”

My eyes close and I smile, letting my mind wander. Why were we acting like we were happy about having a baby? Maybe we’re just in denial, but I could see in her eyes that she’s still so scared. So am I.