Sequel: Unexpected

Inexperienced

Saving You

The party was about twenty minutes away. April promised it’d be a smash. But her tight shirt and skimpy shirt she threw on me made me feel naked.

“I can’t believe I let you dress me.”

“Girl, you look fine,” she said, trying to lighten the mood. “Boys will be all over you tonight.”

That was the only reason I came with her. I wanted the chance to get Jared off my mind. Even if it is only for one night. I pulled up to a decent sized house. Music was blaring and people were everywhere. April shooed me out of the car and pulled me inside. She was already bopping her head to the beat of the music. “Come on, girl. Dance!”

I shook my head. “Nah.” She stopped moving and glared at me.

“God, you are no fun! I’m going to get a drink,” she explained. And with that, April was gone.

I waited almost forty five minutes before I decided to look for her. It wasn’t that hard. She was lying in the backyard. I lifted her up and sat her on a chair. “C’mon April, wake up!”

I knew she wasn’t completely out of it when she shook her head. Her eyes blinked open. “Hey! I know you!” Her voice come out in a slur. “You’re…erm…oh!” She was wasted.

I stared at her incredulously. I got up and began to walk away. I couldn’t believe I talked myself into coming here. With April. I nearly sprinted through the house.

With my eyes on the ground, I didn’t notice someone coming towards me until I smacked right into them. I was sent flying back. I landed on my back with a loud thud. “Ow.” I groaned.

A strong hand reached for me. I looked up and my eyes widened. It was a tall, lean boy with dirty blonde hair. I grabbed his hand and allowed him to help me up.

“Sorry about that,” he said in a rich, yet soft voice. “Didn’t mean to knock you down.”

I blushed. “Oh no, you’re fine. I should have been paying attention to where I was going.”

“Oh. Well, you seemed to be in a hurry.” I noticed that his eyes were a glowing emerald green. They lit up the dark room. “Is something wrong?”

“I…um…I’ve just had a bad night.”

He looked sympathetic. “I’m sorry. Want to talk about it?”

His voice sounded so sincere and full of concern. I felt my heart grow warm.

“You know what?” His eyebrows raised. “No, I don’t want to talk about it. I’d rather party.” The words tingled on my lips.

The boy laughed. “Okay, lets party, erm, I’m sorry. I didn’t catch your name.”

I blushed again. “Austin, you?”

“Cayde.” He smiled.

“Okay, Cayde. Let’s go!” I grabbed his arm. The first thing that came to mind was to dance. But Cayde had another idea. “Want a drink first?”

I always vowed to not give into the sadistic peer pressure of drinking, but at this point, I couldn’t have cared less.

Cayde returned with two beers. I sniffed at it. I felt Cayde laugh next to me. “You’ve never drank before, have you?” I shook my head. “Maybe you shouldn’t.” He reached to take my drink away but I pulled it back.

“No, I want to.”

“Suit yourself.” He shrugged.

My first sip was bitter. But it only took a few more sips to get used to the strange taste. I could feel my muscles loosen as the alcohol slurred down my throat.

Cayde slid his hand in mine and pulled me into the crowd of dancing people. The beat was fast and I couldn’t control my body. Cayde and I were constantly stopping to get drinks and then returning to the dance floor. My mind was spinning out of control. I couldn’t control what my body was doing.

“Let’s go somewhere else,” whispered Cayde in my ear.

I followed him towards the back of the house. I found myself in an empty room. Cayde looked at me before lifting my face up to his to kiss him. I could feel his hands begin to sneak underneath my shirt. It was off in another second. He lifted me up and laid me down on the bed. My mind was going in all sorts of directions. I wanted to tell him to stop but I physically couldn’t. My body felt like it was trembling and even though Cayde was cute, I wasn’t ready to lose my virginity to him.

“N…n…no.” My teeth were chattering.

Cayde didn’t hear me. I gave it another shot. But this time, I tried saying it louder. Instead, I began to panic and it came out as a scream. “NO!”

He stopped and looked at me questioningly. Before he had the chance to say a word, the door burst open. Light illuminated the dim room. A tall, muscular figure came bounding after Cayde, pulling him off of me.

“Get your hands off of her!”

The voice made me freeze. Could it be?

Cayde was punched in the face and knocked to the ground, most likely unconscious.

Jared came next to me and bent down so he was eye level. His turquoise eyes were all that I could see.

“Are you okay?” He asked, his voice drenched with concern.

I blinked. “J…J…Jared?”

His strong arms embraced me, lifting me up into a sitting position. “I’m here, I’m here.” His voice was smooth. “Did he hurt you?”

I shook my head. I felt his tense body relax.

Anger bubbled inside of me. I began to kick and thrash, not even minding that I was sitting there without a shirt on. He let go immediately. “Austin, what is it?” He appraised my nearly nakedness.

Tears filled my eyes. “What are you doing here!?”

He just looked away.

“Huh?” I pushed him back. “Excuse me?” I pushed hard. “God, Jared. What are you doing here?”

He looked at me with an innocent expression. “Saving you.”

“I don’t need saving, god dammit!” I spat in his face. “Get away from me!”

“Austin, you’re drunk.”

“No, I’m not!” I tried standing up but the room was spinning. Jared just shook his head disapprovingly.

I began to trip but Jared caught me before I could fall. He hoisted me over his shoulder.

“Put me dow….” I began to yell, but it came out as a mumble. Before I could finish, my mind faded into unconsciousness.