The Rendezvous

Famous; The Way

Her username has spawned a multitude of cheesy yet endearing jokes, comments and catchy phrases, she's undoubtedly one of Mibba's most prominent My Chemical Romance fans and she's the mother of Keep the Faith. As some wise person once said, "When there's a will, there's a way." On Mibba, we're lucky enough to avoid all the confusion of choosing which way because we've got Isa, The Way.

How did you find Mibba?
I actually stumbled onto INO first, and I had just written my first bandfic ever. I wanted to post it there, but I found out I had to make a Mibba account first, so I did. Ironically enough, I ended up spending more time on Mibba... this was over a year ago.

What do you like best about Mibba?
I think what makes Mibba so incredibly special is the people on it... we're really a community. I've had internet acquaintances before, but I've never come across a site where the users would develop such strong friendships over a computer and a couple thousand miles. It's pretty unexplainable.

Keep the Faith is probably the most well-known or one the most well-known stories on Mibba. Did you ever expect for it to reach such fame?
When it was starting out, I never actually thought about the 'fame' aspect. I just wanted people to join and use their writing skills to help others keep the faith in MCR. I've been seeing a few stories with the same running theme and had the idea to compile it, so it would be easier for people to read them. There was never even an initial plan to send it to the band; the way things fell into place just called for it. And even now, it astounds me every time we reach a certain goal, like the one-hundred-story mark or the band's replies about it. Just goes to show how far you can go if you set your mind into doing something.

How does the wayKeep the Faith inspires other Mibbians make you feel?
It's simply... amazing. The way the KTFers have become a little family on the board, and how it inspired several other projects for other bands or themed story collections, or just being recognized as 'founder...' It makes me believe that I can actually touch people with my words, that I can change the world someday... I mean, it's a pretty good start, right?

Has writing always been something you enjoyed doing?
I originally started with poetry... and I sucked at that in the beginning. I remember asking my dad for help with rhymes... this was back in 5th grade, by the way. But once I began, it just flowed out of me. It felt natural, it felt right, like I was doing what I was created to do. When I made my first real story in freshman year and got inspired to write fanfiction... I just couldn't stop anymore. I couldn't hold the words in. I had to let it out, and make it look beautiful in the process.

What do you think is the best thing about music in general?
What's so magnificent about music is how powerful it can be. Be it through the lyrics or the notes played, music can surpass nationalities and languages and even ideologies... it connects us humans through the emotions it can bring forth, and it can make us feel like we are not alone.

At a My Chem concert, you got Frank's water bottle. [/jealousy] Do good things happen to you all the time or was that a one-off?
I admit that sometimes I do not give my life enough credit. I mean, it can always be worse... my parents can be physically abusive, I can be an AIDS product in Africa, I can be a total social outcast with absolutely nothing to show for my life... but I won't also say my life is so very peachy. I know I should be grateful... but sometimes it's hard because there's also the 'but' factor. "I have friends, but they don't really get me," "I can write, but I suck at math," or "I got Frank's water bottle, but I didn't get to meet them." So it's actually a balance.

Use three words to describe yourself.
Ironic, thoughtful, and complicated.

What's your favourite song at the moment?
I'm currently obsessed with the song 'Cannonball' by Damien Rice.

What's your favourite quote? [From anyone, anything, anywhere.]
"Everything's gonna be all right." - Gerard Way on NME.com, part 2. It just keeps me going, and he's my hero, so it reassures me than if he made it, so can I. For the record, three of my favorite song lyrics are also by him ("Don't stop if I fall and don't look back," "I've lost my fear of falling," "I am not afraid to keep on living."). Damn it, that man just inspires me.

Besides yourself, who's your favourite Mibbian and why? Dujo doesn't count because he's the Bossman.
Dude, that's a really hard question. I've always been afraid of those - in case I leave someone out. I'll just randomly mention Sara [Bastard Son] since she was the first person I actually really talked to, whose story I was first a fan of, and the one who tolerated my questions even back in my no0b days. She's also one of my big sisters here. Haha. By the way, I also give myself the right to say Dujo since I was the one who gave him the nickname 'Bossman' in the first place. Haha.

Tell a joke.
Jokes are better said in person. I laugh at everything anyway. Hehe.

If you remember the coming of the millennium, computers were meant to take over the world. They didn't then, but do you think that it could be possible for man to create a machine smart enough to overrule the human race and why?
Technology is getting really out of hand, but I don't think we're at that stage yet... so it could happen, but give it, maybe, another fifty years or so? Oh how terribly ominous.

What's your message to Mibbians everywhere?
Keep the faith. I bet you expected that, didn't you? But seriously... I meant some time thinking of paragraph long answers to this question, and it can all be summarized by those three words. Never stop believing that you can do it if you tried, that someone out there loves you after all, that you mean something to this world. You matter. In short, keep the faith.
♠ ♠ ♠
Interview by Glitter.
And thanks to Isa for the interview.