Black Dagger Brotherhood-Lover What?

Arrows

-the next night-an hour before classes-

Amy wiped at her forehead before setting another arrow. The target in front of her was almost full and her quiver was almost empty. Her fingers slipped and the arrow went wide as the gym doors crashed open and Gohr came striding in. Amy frowned but went back to her target.

"Hey there, shorty." he smirked, standing next to her. "Whatcha doing'?"

"Isn't it obvious?" she scoffed, letting another arrow go. "What are you doing here already? The bus doesn't bring trainees for another hour, I thought."

Gohr shrugged. "I had to be at a relative's house where the bus wouldn't get me. The king sent a doggen to bring me early." He watched her shoot her last arrow. "How'd you like to spar with me?"

Amy went over to the target and started pulling arrows out and refilling her quiver. "Sure, I'd like to spar." she replied, "just not with you." Gohr frowned at the rejection, and opened his mouth to say something smart back, but was cut off as the gym doors opened again and Quinn came stalking in. Amy couldn't help the smile that came on her face, and you can bet Gohr noticed her watching the larger male.

He walked up to very close behind her and spoke quickly in her ear. "I'm sure you'd like to have some time with him. But he's nothing. He can't do anything for you. I can."

Amy glared over her shoulder at him. "First of all, back up and get out of my personal space." He did after a second. "And second, who I chose to want is none of your business. I don't like you and I don't think I'll ever like you. Now leave me alone, please."

"Anything wrong?" Quinn asked as he came up to them. Gohr gave Amy a quick glare before backing up even more.

"No. Nothing's wrong here." He turned and started walking to the lockers. "See ya in class."

Quinn turned back to Amy, who was still glaring at Gohr's back. "He wasn't bothering you, was he?"

Amy scoffed. "If he bothers me, I'll take care of it myself. Don't go all macho on me and try to fight my battles."

Quinn held up his hands. "Down, tiger. I was just asking."

Amy let out a big sigh. "Sorry. Just stressed right now. Didn't mean to snap at you." She went back to where she was standing and pulled an arrow.

"Wait!" Quinn spoke up before she let it go. "I've got an idea. Wait right here." She lowered the bow while he jogged out of the gym. A couple minutes later, he came back in with a piece of paper and a pin. He stood in front of the target, hiding the paper while Amy tried looking around him.

"What are you doing?" she finally asked.

He stepped to the side with a silly flourish and a mischievous smirk. "Now you can go." Amy laughed at a copy of Gohr's face pinned to the target board, right in the middle. She raised her bow, focused, let the arrow go, and smiled as it pierced right between his eyes. Quinn whistled as he looked at it. "Nice one. But I wonder.."

"What now?" she smiled. She scrunched her eyebrows as he lifted the board off the stand and held it in front of him.

"Let's see how you do with a moving target. And with speed, too." Amy smiled in challenge, drawing an arrow. "Ready?" She nodded. "Go." He started jogging/running back and forth, changing direction with no pattern. Amy took a deep breath and started drawing and shooting arrow after arrow, aiming for the face of the picture. Within a minute, her quiver was empty again and the picture was full.

"I'm empty, Quinn." she called. He stopped and put the board back down, looking at the group of arrows.

"Damn, female." he laughed. "Remind me not to get you angry when you've got that in your hands." Amy jumped as she heard clapping behind her. She turned and saw John, Payne, and Xhex standing at the doors.

"Thanks." she smiled shyly. "What are you guys doing here? Is it almost time for class?"

"Yeah. We came to make sure there wasn't any kind of mess left from the brothers." Xhex answered, walking further into the gym and up to the target. "You're good with that bow. You good at anything else?"

Amy shrugged. "I don't know. I guess I'm decent with a gun."

"What about hand-to-hand?" Payne asked.

Amy shook her head. "I've never been good at that. I'm just too small and I suck at physical stuff. I can't run, I don't take pain well, and I'm too weak to have any real power behind my hits."

"Why can't you run?"John asked.

Amy sighed. "I had second-hand marijuana smoke when I was a kid, and I have irregular breathing, so my lungs suck."

"Does Wrath know any of this?" Quinn asked.

Amy looked down at her feet. "He's so certain that both Hailey and I are supposed to be warriors. I don't want to tell him different. More fighters is so important to him, and apparently to the race, that I don't want to not try just because I'm weak."

"How many times do I need to tell you, you are not weak." Hailey spoke up, walking in at that moment with Blaylock. She looked at the target as she stood close to Amy. Her eyebrow raised up in question as she saw the picture riddled with arrows. "He wasn't bothering you, was he?" she whispered to her.

"It doesn't matter. I can take care of it myself." Amy whispered back.

The doors opened once again and the trainees came in as a group. Hailey smiled. "Great. Class time."
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment!!!!!!!!!!! I need to know what you guys think! I'm sorry that I don't update fast enough but please leave feedback!