Status: Was finished, now it's not... I'm working on that... :-) <3

You Had Me at Hello

Midnight Call

Morgan’s P.O.V.

After class on Thursday, I went and got a hot chocolate and a giant cookie and decided to check my mail. I was surprised that I had a package and couldn’t wait to get back to my room to open it. When I got to my room I immediately opened the package and the first thing I noticed was that it was Alex’s jersey. Before I pulled it out of the box I saw the note and took a minute to read it. ‘Morgan, First off, I miss you and can’t wait to see you Friday. Second, I was wondering if you would please wear my jersey to the game on Friday. I know that you have my jersey from the winter classic but this is my game jersey and I would be honored it you would wear it. Also I would love it if you could meet me in the locker room before the game. I will have a surprise waiting for you. I can’t wait to see you. Miss you, Alex. P.S. Your ticket and pass will be at will call.’ I was shocked that he would ask me to wear his jersey already, to me it was kind of like in high school when a guy would ask you to wear his lettermen jacket. Maybe I was over thinking it, which wouldn’t be unusual for me. Regardless of me thinking it was too soon, I was thrilled and couldn’t wait to tell Jen when she got back from class. I sent a text to Alex, thanking him for the jersey and telling him that I would meet him before the game. He replied that I was welcome and told me to bring Jen with me when I got there. I was super excited couldn’t wait for the next day.
I spent the rest of the day doing homework and reading the newest book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward.
Right as the bells chimed midnight, my phone rang. I looked at my phone and was excited to see that it was Alex.

"Hey babe."

"Happy birthday sweetheart!"

"Thank you. How are you?"

"You're welcome. I'm good. How are you? You excited for tonight?"

"I'm great and I am. I can't wait to see you and see what your surprise is. Are you excited?"

"I am. I can't wait to see you either and I know you will love your surprise."

"I'm sure I will. And even if I don't, spending this weekend with you will be enough."

"Well I'm sure you will love it and I can't wait to see you this weekend, but hey I need to get to bed so I will talk to you later tonight. Have a great birthday baby."

"Okay, thanks for calling. It means a lot. Sweet dreams. See you tonight."

"Sweet dreams. See you tonight."

We hung up and after talking to Jen for a few minutes once she came back into the room from talking to Mike, I fell asleep with a smile on my face anticipating the next night.

~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3

Before I knew it, it was Friday afternoon and Jen and I were on our way to the arena. When we got there we collected our tickets and passes and made our way to the Capitals locker room. Once we reached the door, I knocked and waited for permission to enter. Nick opened the door and after hugging both Jen and I, lead us inside where we were greeted with loud shouts of happy birthday from the team and then we were in the arms of our boyfriends. Alex greeted me with a long kiss that earned whistles and cheers from his teammates. When we finally broke apart, I was blushing and smiling. Because it was still over an hour from the beginning of the game, most of the guys weren't completely dressed yet. Alex introduced me to the guys that I hadn't met yet and they offered to sign the shirt that Alex had gotten for me because he knew from our time in Washington that I would hate to not be able to get everyone's signatures and pictures. After we were done with that, Alex took my hand as Mike took Jen's and lead up out of the locker room. Once we were in the hall, the guys had us close our eyes and tied blind folds over our eyes. They took our hands again and started to walk. We were silent as we walked, Jen and I wondering where we were going.

All of a sudden, we stopped. Alex pressed a quick kiss to my lips before I heard him knock and I heard someone open the door and then we were walking again. This time we only took eight steps before stopping. Alex dropped my hand and took off my blind fold then rested his hands on my shoulders. When I opened my eyes I realized that we were in the Penguins locker room. I heard Jen gasp and had to smile knowing that this had to be the best gift anyone could have given Jen. I turned to look at Jen and saw that she was smiling. I wondered how she was going to react seeing as she was wearing a James Neal jersey. Geno walked up to us and I thought that I had died and gone to heaven.

"Hey Geno, this is my girlfriend, Morgan."

"Hey Alex, hi Morgan. Alex tell me that it your birthday."

"Hi Mr. Malkin, and yes it is my birthday."

"Please call me Geno. You Pens fan?"

"Every night except for when you guys play the Capitals."

"Who favorite player?"

"Ummm.... I'm not sure. I like all of you guys. But if I had to pick it would be you," I admitted with a blush.

"I see. I got shirt for birthday, want guys to sign?"

"Thank you very much and I would love that."

"Hey Geno, you know Mike and this is his girlfriend, Jen, who I told you about."

"Oh yes, it her birthday too, yeah?"

"Yes it is. It's very nice to meet you," Jen said.

"Is nice meet you too," Geno said before turning to the rest of the locker room. "Hey guys, this is Morgan and Jen. Is their birthday. Are big fans. Sign shirts for them please?" The guys all agreed and I got a chance to talk to all of the players and got them to sign my shirt and also got pictures with each of them individually and before we left, I was able to talk the guys into getting a group picture with Jen and I. Also after the guys found out that Jen and I were from close by, several of them gave us their phone numbers and said that if we were ever in town and wanted to hang out to give them a call. I wasn't sure how Alex would take that but he didn't seem to mind and neither did Mike. I doubted that I would ever use any of the numbers but it was still cool to have their numbers. We headed back to the Capitals locker room after the guys had given Jen and me hugs and we thanked them and Jen wished them good luck. When we got back to the locker room, Alex gave me a kiss and I wished him good luck, and after promising that I would meet him there after the game, Jen and I left to go to our seats.
We found our seats and realized that we were sitting directly between the two teams benches in section 102. I smiled and thought about how lucky I was to have such an amazing boyfriend. I couldn't wait until after the game and tomorrow when I would get to spend time with him. The game started and it was a really intense game, both teams playing hard. Alex scored with five minutes left in the first and right after the puck went in, he looked at me and pointed. Two minutes later, Mike scored and pointed at Jen. I looked at her and saw her blush and had to duck when she took a swing at me for awwing. The first period ended with the Caps up 3 to 1 with Sasha and James Neal having scored the other goals. The second period was a blur with Sidney Crosby and Jordan Staal scoring to tie the game. When the Capitals came out for the third period, I could see the fire in their eyes. Three minutes into the new period, Alex scored again and pointed to me again. Geno scored five minutes later and while I was happy that he scored because I really like Geno, I was nervous for the Caps. With 30 seconds left in the game, Mike scored his second goal of the night, once again looking at Jen. It seemed that our boys wanted to play really well for us for our birthday. The game ended with the Capitals beating the Penguins five to four. Jen and I waited for the crowd to clear before making our way to the locker room.

When we got there, the press was just leaving and Jen and I walked in. As soon as I entered the room, Alex looked up and came over and gave me a hug and whispered that both of the goals were for me. I whispered a thank you and pulled him into a kiss, once again earning whistles from his team. When we finished kissing, I took a step back and told him to go shower. I then sat down in his stall to wait and saw that Mike was talking to Jen and it looked like he was apologizing but she gave him a kiss on the cheek and he looked relived. Jen took a seat while her boy went to shower as well.

Soon the guys came out of the showers and we headed out. That night the guys took us to get a quick dinner before taking us back to the hotel. When we got there Jen and Mike went into their room and Alex and I went to our room next door. As soon as we got in the door, Alex pushed me gently against the door and kissed me until we were both left gasping for air. After we pulled away, Alex took my hand and led me further into the room.

“What do you want to do tonight, love?”

“Ummm…..well what do you want to do?”

“We could watch a movie.” Alex suggested.

“Sounds good to me. You want to pick something while I change?”

“Sure anything special you want to watch?”

“Whatever is fine with me.”

“Okay, go get changed. I’ll pick something.”

“Okay,” I said before kissing him quickly and heading into the bathroom to change. I put on black yoga pants and a red tank top with lace as the top before brushing my hair and teeth and heading back out to see what movie Alex had picked. When I walked back into the room I saw that Alex had changed into a pair of basketball shorts but hadn’t put on a shirt which was fine with me. I glanced at the T.V. and saw that he had put in Miracle. He was lying on the bed propped up by pillows. When he saw me he smiled and patted the spot next to him. I walked over to the bed and sat down next to him. When I was settled he put his arm around me and pulled me into his chest. I felt him place a kiss on my head before he pressed play and the movie began. During the movie, Alex put his hand under my chin and guided my face up so I was looking at him and then he placed his lips softly on mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Best. Boyfriends. Ever. Well...at least I think so. And I absolutly love Geno. He is adorable. :-) Just saying. But let me know what you think... there is much more to come from this birthday weekend. Should be up tonight or tomorrow. :-)