Status: Was finished, now it's not... I'm working on that... :-) <3

You Had Me at Hello

We Are The Champions My Friends

In the days and weeks that followed my trip to Pittsburgh, I talked to Morgan almost every day even if it was just a few text messages to see how her day was. I was glad that she understood how much time my job took and that she understood that as much as I would like to I couldn’t always make her first. Her golf season was winding down and she just had her championship left. I decided that I would surprise her the second day of the two day golf match; due to our playoff schedule I would have enough time off after winning over Boston before the second round to be able to get to her match and still be able to be back before our game against the Rangers.

I talked to her the night after the first round of her match and was happy that her team was still leading. I made sure to get to the course with enough time that I could talk to her after she was done and still be out of her way before they started giving out trophies. I would have shown up earlier and actually watched her golf but I didn’t want to make her nervous, not that she seemed the type to get nervous but I know that she is really hard on herself with golf and I didn’t want to add any other pressure. When I pulled up to the course I went to the club house to see how far along they were and I found out that her group should be finishing soon. I walked out back and stood waiting for her group to finish. I was able to watch her play the whole last hole and was surprised at how well she played. I knew that she was a good player from her scores alone but seeing how she played was completely different. She ended up birdieing the hole and I could tell that she was happy with her round. She spent a few minutes with the people she had golfed with before walking up to her coach. I saw her coach smile when Morgan told him what she scored before giving Morgan the keys to the van. I followed Morgan to the van and when she was almost there, I called out to her and at first she seemed defensive, then she realized that it was me and she put down her bag and walked over to me. She threw her arms around me and buried her face in my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and placed a kiss on her head.

“What are you doing here?” she asked into my shirt.

“I wanted to support my girlfriend but didn’t want to mess her up.”

“Aww thank you, love. That really means a lot to me.”

“I’m glad that I could be here for you,” I said before pulling back a little and placing a kiss on her lips. “I missed you.”

“I missed you too. I still can’t believe that you are here.” I just hugged her close for another minute before letting her go to allow her to change out of her golf shoes and to put her bag away. When she was done she walked over to me and pulled me back into her arms before pulling me down so that she was able to kiss me. I was surprised and pleased that she was making the first move and I let her lead. After a minute or two or ten we pulled apart and just stood holding onto each other trying to saver whatever time we had together. Soon she said that she needed to head back over to the clubhouse. I took her hand in mine and let her lead the way back to where her coach was standing waiting for the next group to come in.

As we stood waiting, we talked to her coach and when Morgan’s team mates started coming in I tried to take a step back to give them their space but Morgan wouldn’t let me and it made me feel good to know that she wanted me near her even with other people around. As the rest of the teams began to come in, we made our way over to where they were posting the scores and I could feel Morgan’s nerves shoot up and so I gave her hand a squeeze to let her know that I was there no matter what. In the end her team ended up winning by 10 strokes and Morgan had the low score for the tournament.

I was really proud of her and I could tell that she was really proud of herself and of her team. After all of the trophies were given we walked back to their van and we hung back behind the group. Before we got to the van, I stopped and wrapped her in my arms before lowering my head and giving her another kiss. I made sure not to let it get too heated because I didn’t want to embarrass her in front of her team. When we pulled apart I rested my forehead on hers and told her that I was proud of her and that I would miss her. She told me that she would miss me too thanked me for coming to support her, and asked me to call her when my plane took off and when I got home. I told her I would and with one last kiss I let her go so that she wouldn’t keep her team waiting any more.

When I got home I sent her a text letting her know that I got home safe and she replied thanking me again for coming. I was glad that I had a job that made it possible to fly somewhere for a few hours and it not be a big deal. I was happy that I was able to make my girlfriend happy and that I was able to be there for her to celebrate her victory. Even in the short time we had been together, she had supported me more than any of my other girlfriends had. I felt really lucky that I had somehow found a girl who loved my sport, understood my commitment to it, and supported me in every way that she could.
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy freaking popsicles.... almost 200 readers... Hot damn. lol. :-) Well out of almost 200 readers I have 2 people commenting... can I please get a few more... :-) I'm almost out of prewritten stuff so I will be looking for ideas. :-) <3

Could he be any more perfect? But yeah...so who the Caps play in the playoff are the same as this year but I may have switched some of the games. :-) Hope you like it. :-) <3

*****EDITED 12/2
Hey guys, sorry I fell off the cliff again. This semester is a shit show. I only have this week left though so hopefully, I can finish this some time this year. :-D