Status: Was finished, now it's not... I'm working on that... :-) <3

You Had Me at Hello

Merde, Fichu, et Âne

Alex’s P.O.V.

The next week was amazing. I hadn’t realized how much I would enjoy having Morgan in Russia with me. It was entertaining to see how excited she got over each new thing. She seemed to really enjoy sitting with my family, who were trying to teach her Russian. She wasn’t very good but it was still fun to see her try. Whenever she messed something up she would swear in French, which I found endearing and I don’t think she even realized she did.

One of the days I tried to teach Morgan how to play tennis but after the tenth time she hit the ball into the net, she plopped down in the middle of the court and lying on her back, yelled “I’m done! I’m out! I quit!” I walked over and lay down with my head on her stomach which seemed smaller than the last time I did this, but I shook it off thinking nothing of it since Morgan had been working out lately and asked her if she really meant it. She just laughed and said that unfortunately she would never be able to pursue a career in tennis so she was just giving up. I reached up and poked her in the side making her squirm and laugh. She poked me back and before I knew it we were engaged in a tickle war. Finally I was able to pin her under me and hold her hands.

“Give up?”

“Never!” she laughed and tried to free her hands. I laughed and tightened my hold on her hands and leaned down and kissed her.

“Now?”

“Nope! You’ll have to try harder than that to get me to give up!” I just leaned down and kissed her again, this time deeper. She was still trying to free her hands and was squirming under me. I pushed my hips harder against her in an attempt to get her to stop. I stopped kissing her lips and started to kiss along her jaw and down her neck before kissing my way back up to her lips. After several minutes of kissing, I pulled back and smiled at the sight of Morgan lying under me trying to catch her breath. Once she caught her breath, she let out an exasperated sigh and said that she gave up, and that I won. I laughed and stood up before reaching down and pulling her to her feet. I pulled her into my arms and kissed her once again before taking her hand and leading her into the house.

I grabbed us a couple of drinks before taking her hand again and walking into the living room to walk some T.V. with my family. My dad had one of my old games on and just as we sat down, my shift started. I soon realized that it was the game from 2008 when I got my nose broken and still scored four goals against the Canadians. Soon after my shift start I got hit and saw my nose break and cringed. I felt Morgan squeeze my hand and cringe soon after I did. She glanced up at me at the same time I looked down at her, and then she asked the most ridiculous question, ‘did it hurt?’ which she soon followed with a blush and a quick ‘never mind.’ I smiled and told her that it didn’t hurt as much as she thinks it did because of the adrenaline. We watched the rest of the game in silence broken only by Morgan giving little cheers each time I scored.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Morgan decided to go into town with my mother and sister-in-law; leaving me at home with my father, brother, and nephews. We ended up playing a game of basketball with Dad reffing. We played for about an hour and my team won. After we finished, we all jumped in the pond to cool off and spent some time just messing around. It felt really good to be back with my family. I miss them during the season and being able to just spend time with them and be little Sasha, rather than Alexander Ovechkin, the hockey star, felt right. The only thing that could have made it better would be having Morgan here with me but I was glad that she was spending time with my family.

Having her here with me made me really realize how much she means to me. I never thought that I would find that fairy tale love bullshit. I never really wanted it or so I thought until I met Morgan. She opened my eyes and made me see how good life could be. It amazes me that we have only known each other since March. Most days it feels like we have known each other for our whole lives. It amazes me how much she means to me; I can’t even imagine my life without her now.

I never could have imagined that I would find someone that I connected with on such a deep level. Morgan just gets me, she understands how I feel about everything it seems. She gets that I need time with the guys and she also understands that my job takes a lot of time and how important it is to me.

I feel that I really understand her too. I love that she loves me for me even with all of my flaws. She is seriously the perfect woman for me. She grounds me and makes me see that I can’t always just do what I want. She makes me see how important it is to treat everyone with respect and that just because I am famous, it doesn’t mean that I am better than anyone. She makes me want to be a better person so that I can be the man that she needs.

I am abruptly brought from my thoughts by my brother splashing me in the face and yelling at me that my phone was ringing. I jumped out of the pond and walked over to where I had put my phone. I answered, seeing it was my mom.

“Hi Mom. What’s up?”

“Alex, I’m so sorry, I don’t know how it happened, one minute she was going to try on a dress and the next she was on the floor and wouldn’t wake up,” my mom sobbed into the phone.

“Mom, calm down. What are you talking about? Who was on the floor?”

“Morgan! I don’t know what happen! Sasha I’m so sorry.”

“Where are you? Have you called an ambulance?”

“We are at the Chapurin in Savinnskaya Embankment. And yes, they are on their way here now.”

“I will be there as soon as I can. Call me if they move her,” I turn and see my brother, dad, and nephews behind me waiting for an explanation. “Morgan fainted or something, I’m not sure. I’m going to go meet them at Chapurin or the hospital if they leave before I get there.”

“We’re going with you,” my brother spoke up. I nodded and turned and ran into the house to put on dry clothes and as soon as everyone was back outside, got in the car and tore off to find out what was wrong with the woman I love.
♠ ♠ ♠
***********EDITED 1/6
Ok everyone, this is the chapter that starts the major changes to this story and may carry into the sequel.