Status: Still a work in progress. Thanks for reading(:

Gunslinger

Know Your Enemy

“Who are you?” Brian asked, looking at me. I then realized the amount of danger I had put everyone in that room in. I looked at Scar then back to Brian.

“I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to put anyone in danger.” I said, tears starting to form. I ran out of the room with tears streaming down my face. I almost got my favorite band killed. They almost died. All because of me.

I kept running until I got out into the parking lot. I got into the drivers seat of my car and put my head in my hands. I kept crying. It wasn’t one of those cries where a couple tears stream down your face. It was an ugly cry.

I was in the car for about 5 minutes when I heard a knock. I looked over to the window. Scar stood there with a sympathetic look.

“April, can you please come back inside? I think everyone deserves an explanation of what just happened.” Scar said. I sighed.

“I guess you’re right. Let’s go.” I sighed as I open the car door and stepped out. Scar put her arm around my shoulders. “I shouldn’t have even come.” I said.

“What? This was not your fault!” Scar argued.

“Yes it was, Scar! He was after me and he would have killed anyone to get to me! I put everyone in danger!” I said back.

“But, you saved everyone! No one got hurt!” She argued back.

“Well, they could have.” I said, not wanting to talk about it anymore.

“Let’s just go inside.” She said. We walked into the building again. Police were still all over the place. Scar and I walked back into the room. Some people had left, others were talking on the phone, explaining to loved ones what had happened. Some were crying.

“This is all my fault, I should leave.” I whispered to Scar.

“April Lynn Walker, none of this is your fault. It’s that psychopath who brought the guns’ fault.” Scar whispered back. Scar cleared her throat. Everyone looked over to us. Most eyes were on me. “Uh, my name is Scarlett. My friend April has a lot of explaining to do.” She said, looking over at me. “Please bear with her, as this is a hard time for April.” She said turning back to the people of the room.

“Umm, where do I start?” I say. “Well, my name is April Lynn Walker, I work for the military. I just got back from Iraq today. That man that brought the gun was one of the men on our wanted lists in Iraq. I’m guessing he was after me. I was the one who lead the team who tracked down and supposedly killed him. Apparently, he didn’t die. I’m so sorry to everyone. I didn’t mean for anyone do be in danger.” Tears started running down my face. “This was meant to be fun, not dangerous. I’m so, so sorry.” Scar wrapped me in a hug. I cried into her shoulder. I felt someone pat my back. I looked up, it was Matt.

“I’m sure everyone here understands and isn’t mad at you. You had no way of knowing he would be here. Besides, you kicked his ass and saved all of our asses. The least we can do is thank you!” He said, trying to lighten the mood.

“Thank me? I almost got you killed and you’re thanking me?” I asked, confused.

“No, I’m thanking you for saving us.” He clarified. “And, it’s not everyday you get to see a hot chick kick some ass.” He said smiling. I smiled.

“Thanks.” I said “But, I’m not hot, far from it, actually.”

“Nonsense, you’re gorgeous.” He said. He smiled, revealing his adorable dimples.

“Thank you. Well, I’m sure you guys want to get out of here so, we’ll just leave” I said grabbing Scars hand and turning around.

“Wait! You can’t just leave! You just saved our lives and you’re gonna leave?” Jimmy asked, baffled by my urgency to leave.

“Well, yea. I’ve already caused you enough harm.” I said, turning back around.

“Jimmy’s right, you can’t just leave after what just happened!” Matt said, agreeing with Jimmy. “Why don’t you hangout for a while?” He suggested.

“C’mon April, It’ll be fun! Besides, It’ll take your mind off things.” Scar said, trying to convince me to stay.

“Well, okay. What’s the worst that could happen?” I asked.

“That’s the spirit! Okay, I’m gonna need everyone to leave now. We’ve all had a long day and you should all go home and rest.” Matt said to the crowd in the room. Slowly, people started leaving. Some came up and thanked me.

“Hey you!” said a voice. I turned around. “You’re lucky I didn’t get hurt or my daddy would have you behind bars. Also, stay away from the boys. They don’t want some freak like you! They want a pretty girl like me!” She said.

“Excuse me?” I said, surprised by her rudeness. “I don’t even think you’re legal! Go home and go to bed, don’t wanna be tired for school tomorrow.” I responded, glaring at her.

“Well, don’t say I didn’t warn you.” She said. She turned to the band. “Bye guys!!” She yelled over to them. She blew them a kiss. On her way out, she bumped into me. What a bitch.

“Who was that?” I jumped and turned around.

“God, you gave me a heart attack, Scar!” I said, covering my heart with my hand and breathing heavily. “It was just some bitch who warned me to ‘Stay away from her men’” I answered her question.

“What a bitch.” She said.

“My thoughts exactly” I said. There was no one left in the room but me, Scar, and the band.

“Come sit!” Jimmy said patting the open space next to him on the couch. Me and Scar walked over and sat down. This will be an interesting night, I thought to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Exactly 1,000 words in this chapter! I'm proud!(: Anyway, hope you enjoy! Feedback would be great.

~McKenna.