Status: Still a work in progress. Thanks for reading(:

Gunslinger

Nightmare

We were all sitting around a coffee table.

“So, you’re in the military?” Zacky asked me.

“Yeah.” I answered.

“How is it? Is it fun?” he asked.

“Well, I guess. I mean, you have to go away for long periods of time. Months, sometimes even a year. You have to be away from friends and family.” I said.

“Yea, that must suck. Is it lonely?” he asked.

“No, not really. Although you’re away from your friends and family, you kind of are with your friends and family. That’s what it feels like. I mean, your partners are your family.” I answered.

“Cool.” Zacky said. They all took turns asking us questions about ourselves. I looked at my watch. It read 10:47.

“We should be getting home. It’s getting late and you guys probably have things to do.” I said, getting up to walk out. “Thanks for letting us stay a while.” I said.

“Wait, you saved our lives. You can’t just leave like nothing ever happened.” Matt said.

“Tomorrow you probably won’t even care about us. You guys are big rockstars, you have better things to do.” I said. “Let’s go, Scar.” I grabbed her hand and we started towards the door.

“At least let me give you my number. I don’t want to just forget this ever happened because, it did happen.” Matt said.

“How about this, I’ll give you my number and if you still remember me tomorrow, you can call.” I said. “Give me your phone” I said. Matt gave me his phone and I entered my info. “Just don’t expect me to answer.” I said as I handed his phone back. And with that, I got up and walked out.

Matt’s P.O.V

I watched as April walked out.

“Sorry, I don’t know what’s gotten into her. She’s probably still shaken up about today. I’ll see ya later.” Scar said to me and the guys. She turned around and ran after April.

“I can’t believe she just left.” I said, shocked.

“Well, believe it cause she did.” Brian said. I sat back down on the couch next to Johnny.

“Well, I think we should go get some sleep. It’s been a long, weird day.” Jimmy suggested. Everyone agreed to go to bed. We all walked out to the tour bus. We drove to the hotel we were staying at while we where in the area. We all went to our separate rooms. I checked my phone. 10 missed calls. All from Val. Valary is my girlfriend, she probably heard about what happened and was calling to make sure I was alright. Right now, she was back home. She was sick when we left for tour and insisted she stayed home so she could fully heal. I missed her so much. I dialed her number. Then, I realized it was almost 12 o’ clock in the morning and she was probably asleep. It went to voicemail and I left a message.

“Hey Val, it’s Matt. Sorry I didn’t answer any of your calls and that I’m calling you so late. I’m okay and so is everyone else. Call me back when you get this message and I’ll explain further. Bye, I love you.” I hung up and laid my phone on the nightstand.

I decided to take a quick shower before going to sleep.

After I got out, I crawled into bed and turned on the TV. I knew what happened would probably be on the news so I put on Fuse. It was the top 20 countdown. Welcome to the Black Parade by My Chemical Romance was playing. I tried to fall asleep but couldn’t. I watched TV until I was tired.

That night, I had a terrible nightmare.

I was back in the room where we had the meet and greet. Everyone was there. April, Scar me, and the band. The door swung open and in came the man with the gun. Everything seemed the same except one thing. April didn’t fight the man, instead she stood there, next to Scar, looking scared. The man ended up shooting everyone in the room but me. I woke up after the last shot was fired. I was sweating and my heart was racing.

I got out of bed and went into the bathroom. I splashed water onto my face and went back to lay down. I ended up laying there until the sun rose.

Aprils P.O.V

When I got into the car, Scar looked at me.

“What was that?” She asked.

“What was what?” I asked, starting up the car.

“You were rude to the guys!” She said like it was the most obvious thing.

“Well sorry I don’t want to ruin there career!” I said, arguing back.

“Look, being friends with them won’t change anything.” She said. I sighed.

“Scar, you don’t understand. Do you know how hard it is for me to keep friends? I go away so frequently, not even know if I’m going to come back.” I said eyes still on the road.

“Don’t talk like that. Don’t you dare talk like that. Of course you’ll come back. You’re the strongest person I know!” Scar said.

“Yea well, I’m not that strong.” I said. The rest of the ride home it was silent.

When we pulled into our driveway, I got out and went inside.

“Are you hungry?” Scar asked me as she walked into the kitchen.

“No, I’m just tired. I’m gonna go to bed.” I said.

“Okay.” Scar said, walking over to me. She hugged me. “I’m so proud of you, April.” she said, squeezing me tighter. She pulled away. She walked upstairs and I followed behind her. We were both at our doors when I turned around.

“Scar?” I said. She turned around. “Goodnight.” I said. She smiled.

“Goodnight, April.” She said. She walked into her room and closed the door. I opened my bedroom door and walked in. I took a quick shower and got into my pajamas. I plugged my iPod into my iHome and put it on shuffle. Falling in Reverse’s “Good Girls, Bad Guys” came on. I smiled to myself, remembering the video for the song. I laid down and closed my eyes, falling asleep instantly.

Mystery P.O.V.

I was lying in my bed, staring at the ceiling. I kept thinking about her. The girl who saved my life. I thought about how confident she looked when she fought the man, how beautiful she looked how strong she looked. I fell asleep thinking about her and how I would probably never see her again.

~The Next Day~

April’s P.O.V

I woke up around 10:00 in the morning. I put my hair up in a bun and walked downstairs. I heard sizzling and walked into the kitchen to find Scar cooking bacon.

“Bacon!” I said. Scar turned around.

“Good morning, sleepy head! And yes, this is bacon.” She said, giggling.
“Yum.” I said, starting to make some coffee.

“So, has Matt called you?” Scar asked.

“I’m not sure, I haven’t checked my phone.” I answered.

“Go check! I’ll finish making your coffee.” She said.

“Okay.” I said. I turned and went upstairs. I checked my phone which was sitting on my nightstand. 1 missed call and a voicemail. I checked the voicemail.

“Hey, April, this is Matt. Sorry for calling so early but, I couldn’t sleep so I decided to call you. Me and the guys were gonna go out o lunch today and were wondering if you and Scar wanted to come. Call me as soon as possible. Bye.” I redialed the number and walked downstairs as it started ringing.

“Hello?” said Matt’s voice.

“Hey, it’s April.” I said.

“Oh, hey! So, did you guys wanna come to lunch?” he asked.

“Um, let me ask Scar.” I said. “Scar, the guys want us to come to lunch with us later today, so do you wanna go?” I asked her.

“Hell yea I do!” She said as she piled the bacon on a plate. She put a plate of eggs and bacon in front of me then placed a cup of coffee next to my plate.

“Thanks” I said. “We’ll be there” I said to Matt.

“Great, what’s your address? We’ll pick you up.” He asked.

“No, I’ll drive there. No need to come here. Where were you planning on going?” I asked.

“Olive Garden.” He said.

“Olive Garden? Really? How bout this, I’ll pick you guys up and show you a real restaurant.” I said, taking a bite of eggs.

“Okay, sounds like a plan.” he said.

‘I’ll see ya at 12.” I said “Bye.” I hung up the phone.

“Let me guess. You’re taking them to Molly’s?” Scar asked me, taking a sip of coffee.

“No, we’re taking them to Molly’s” I corrected her.

Molly’s was a little restaurant that not many people knew about. Scar and I were part of the few who did. It was the only restaurant we went to. They had amazing food. Plus, not many people went so the guys wouldn’t get recognized.

We finished eating breakfast which, by the way, was delicious. I went upstairs and took another shower. What can I say? I like to be fresh. I got out and dried and straightened my hair. Then, I French braided it. I got dressed next. I wore a strapless blue dress with a flower print, a leather jacket, and tan sandals.

I put on light blue eye shadow and a thin line of black eyeliner. I walked downstairs and turned on the TV. The show “Awkward” was on. I watched it until Scar came down. I looked at my watch. 11:40.

“Let’s go!” Scar said. I texted Matt and asked where I should pick him up. He gave me the address of the hotel they were staying at. We got in the car and drove to the hotel. We pulled out upfront and saw that the guys were already waiting outside. They all piled into the car.

“Thanks for picking us up.” Jimmy said. I looked at him through the rear-view mirror.

“You’re very welcome.”

“So, where are you taking us?” Johnny asked.

“It’s a surprise.” Scar said. I put on the radio. American Idiot by Green Day was playing. Scar turned it up and started singing along. I turned to look at her. She was dancing in her seat.

“You’re such a freak.” I said, giggling. I saw through the rear-view mirror that Jimmy was singing and dancing, too.

“What have I gotten myself into?” I said and laughed to myself.

We pulled up outside of Molly’s and I parked on the side of the road.

“Molly’s?” Zacky asked.

“Yep.” I said, taking the keys out of the ignition. “You’ll love it, trust me. “ I said. I grabbed my sunglasses out of the glove box and put them on. “Let’s go.” I said and stepped out of the car. Everyone else got out.

“Do you think anyone will recognize us?” Brian asked.

“Probably not. Not many people come here.” I answered.
“Well then, why do you?” he asked.

“Scar and I are one of the few people who see the true beauty of this place.” I opened the door and walked in. I had a feeling that the guys would love this place.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the longest chapter I've written!! Feedback would be nice(: