Status: Active

Two Way Street

Mara

“Lou, I don’t want to go!” I shouted at him as he pulled me toward the restaurant. “It’s going to be so awkward!”

Lou sighed and kept walking quickly, “Don’t whine, Mar.”

“You know it’s going to be awkward. Why do you hate me?” I tried to dig my heels into the concrete sidewalk, but to no avail. Louis was stronger than me and I had no choice but to let him pull me into the restaurant. He was my ride home, after all.

Louis stopped walking and turned to face me. “I’ve been waiting all week for them to get here, okay? They’re my best friends apart from you and I want you to meet who I’m going on tour with, got it?”

I grinned and pinched his cheek, “Of course, sweetheart. Anything you say, boobear.”

He grinned back, “I swear on my life, if you say that in front of them, I will end you.”

“With a good, old fashioned ass kicking or just a hypothetical ending over a game of poker?” I teased. I opened the door and stepped into the cold restaurant, regretting leaving my coat in Lou’s car.

“Both. We’ll play poker than I’ll kick your arse.”

Lou glanced around the restaurant, searching for the four boys he told me were already here. He looked left and right before he saw a group of loud boys straight ahead. “There they are.”

He grabbed my hand and tugged me again to the table. Six chairs around a small table.

Great.

A blond haired boy with bright blue eyes sat next to a darker skinned boy with caramel eyes and dark hair. At one end of the table, sat a boy with amazingly curly hair and green eyes and at the other end, was a boy with brown eyes and light brown hair. They were a good looking bunch, if you asked me.

Louis picked a chair and sat down across from the caramel eyed boy and next to the curly haired boy. I sat across from the blond and the brown eyed boy. “Boys, this is Mara. My best friend since forever. She’s the one who pushed my to audition.”

The curly haired boy grinned, flashing beautiful white teeth and adorable dimples. “Then we have you to thank for him. I’m Harry.”

“Nice to meet you, Harry. I love your hair. What kind of product do you use?” I asked sarcastically, shaking his hand from across the table.

He made an ‘o’ with his lips, “I like this one, Lou. She’s a keeper.”

“She’s off limits, Hazza,” Louis shot at Harry. I glared at him until he spoke again, “At least off limits to you.”

I smiled smugly, “Good.”

The blond grinned at me with cute crooked teeth. “I’m Niall. I’m the only one who won’t attack you.”

“And why’s that, Mr. Irish?” Good. An Irish boy. Perfect.

“Because I’m only interested in food. And unless you can cook, then you’re not my type,” he answered confidently. Perhaps the only boy who hadn’t tried to jump me in the past two weeks. “No offense to you, that is.”

I waved my hand, “None taken. Lou, I have a feeling Mr. Irish and I will get along swimmingly.”

Lou and Niall both grinned.

The boy with caramel eyes sipped his ice water and didn’t say anything. I assumed he was just shy until he nodded in my direction. “Zayn.”

I fought back a laugh, “What are you? The band’s bad boy?”

Curly snorted, “He likes to think he is.”

“So he’s not?”

“Not in the least. He’s just a big softie,” Irish smirked and elbowed Loner Boy in the arm.

I nodded and turned to the only boy who hadn’t spoken yet. “And you are?”

“Liam. Liam Payne.”

“Mara. Mara Beckett. Are you a fan of Bond? James Bond?” I snorted, unwrapping my silverware and placing the napkin on my lap.

He looked at me in confusion, “I s’pose. Why?”

“Because you introduced yourself like Bond would. I find it marginally amusing,” I sipped my ice water, mirroring Loner Boys’ actions. He shot a glare at me and I knew my mocking wasn’t appreciated. I set my glass down and glanced around.

Lou sighed, “She’s a bit sarcastic, if you hadn’t noticed. She doesn’t mean a thing she says and you’ll know when she’s truly angry. She’s all bark and no bite. Once you get to know her, she’s great.”

I leaned over and cuddled up to his side, “You’re so sweet, boobear.”

He closed his eyes and breathed deeply, “I asked you not to call me that in front of them.” he said in a low, even voice.

I shrugged, “I couldn’t resist.”

“Boobear?” Irish asked with a laugh.

Curly threw his head back with a hearty laugh and clapped his hands simultaneously. “Classic. I love it. Mind if I steal that from you? That way he’ll never be able to black mail me on tour.”

I shrugged, “Go ahead, Curly.”

He laughed a bit harder, “I like you, Mar. I like you quite a bit.”

I grinned, feeling welcomed among the four new attractive boys. I glanced around the table, smiling at each of them. Except Puppy Eyes. He didn’t smile back. He just stared straight ahead, right through me as if I didn’t even exist. I wanted to wave my hand in front of him, but I knew it was rude and vain to think he was staring at me.

Instead, I just went back to laughing at a stupid joke Lou made that wasn’t funny in the first place. The stare from Puppy Eyes was throwing me off. I didn’t like it...
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm a bit apprehensive about this chapter ;) Leave some thoughts, yeah?