Sequel: Our Day Will Come
Status: Finished...and the sequel has begun.

Womanizer

I.

“Bri,” Megan said.

Brian Haner Jr., better known to the world as Synyster Gates, lead guitarist for Avenged Sevenfold, didn’t react at all. His gaze remained fixed on something at the side of the field.

“Brian,” Megan tried again, a bit louder this time.

Still, Brian remained oblivious to the fact that she was standing beside him.

Megan sighed, annoyed. “Elwin!” she barked, and Brian jumped.

“Jesus, Megan!” He glanced around to make sure no one had heard her use of his middle name.

“Relax, stud. No one is listening to us. Here.” She held out a tall cup of beer.

Brian took it from her. “Thanks. So, which team are you supporting?”

Megan sat down, careful not to spill her own beer. “For the six millionth time, Alabama.”

Brian sipped his beer. “Then I’m for Clemson.”

Megan rolled her eyes. “You’re such an obnoxious ass.”

Brian shifted his attention back to the side of the field. Megan followed his gaze to see what was so interesting. She shook her head. Cheerleaders. She should’ve known.

“I don’t get it,” Brian remarked after a few seconds of watching the Alabama cheerleaders. “Why do you like college football and not pro?”

“Because it’s so much better when the guys are playing for their love of the game instead of a paycheck,” Megan replied. “Those NFL players are too concerned with showing off so they can earn a few million more with their next contract.”

Brian raised his eyebrows. “I suppose you think we were probably better when we were starving artists than now that we’re famous rockstars?”

Megan lifted a shoulder noncommittally.

“Jealous of those who are successful?”

“Nope. Just pissed that they never seem to remember how they achieved their success.”

“I guess it’s lucky for Zack that Janine doesn’t share your views of the rich and famous,” Brian stated.

“Maybe she does,” Megan said. “Maybe she keeps them to herself so she doesn’t offend her boyfriend.”

“Fiance,” Brian corrected.

Megan snorted. “Yeah, sure. He only proposed because he knocked her up.”

“You don’t think he loves her?”

“He’s a rock star.”

“Are you implying that rock stars are incapable of love?”

“No. They’re capable. They’re just a lot better at picking up random girls than at settling in for the long haul. For example—“ Megan gestured to the sidelines with her beer. “—you’ve been checking out that blond cheerleader for the last twenty minutes, and all you’re wondering is if she’d know who you are and if that would be enough to get her in bed. You don’t give a fuck what her name is, how old she is, why she enjoys cheering, what she’s majoring in, et cetera.”

Brian didn’t say anything.

“Go talk to her,” Megan suggested.

“I can’t.”

“Why not?”

“Janine put me in charge of you and she’ll kill me if anything happens to her favorite cousin.”

“She put someone with the maturity level of a second grader in charge of me? I think I’m insulted.”

Brian gave Megan a look, his beer halfway to his mouth. “You’d better be glad I know you’re joking.”

“What if I’m not?”

“Then I’ll have to punish you for—“

“Shh!” Megan cut him off.

A loud cheer had gone up around them. The teams were taking the field. It was time for the first official game of the season.

**********

Avenged Sevenfold rhythm guitarist Zacky Baker, aka Zacky Vengeance, looked up from his perch on the window seat, hearing the bathroom door open. Janine emerged. Her dark purple hair was wrapped in a towel and she was wearing a Vengeance University shirt with a pair of his boxers.

“So…” Zacky bent to blow smoke out of the partially open window.

Janine sat on their bed, waiting curiously.

“Your cousin is cute.”

Janine quirked an eyebrow. “Cute? I think you need your eyes checked. Megan is gorgeous!”

Zacky blushed a little. “I didn’t want—“

Janine giggled. “It’s okay. You can say it. I hear it all the time.”

“Okay. Your cousin is fucking hot!”

Janine nodded.

“Do you think it wise to leave her in Brian’s incapable hands?”

Janine frowned. “They just went to a football game. What could possibly go wrong?”

“Well, you know how Bri…” Zacky tried to think of a nice way to put what he wanted to say.

“…is a whore?” Janine supplied helpfully.

Zacky glared. “He’s not a whore. He just likes to be successful.”

“The only one he needs to worry about being successful with is Veronica.”

“Janine,” Zacky scolded. “That’s not fair. They’re not together.”

“Says who? Brian?” Janine snorted. “Well, his definitions of ‘together’ and ‘not together’ aren’t exactly the same as the rest of the world’s.”

“True,” Zacky conceded. “Which is why I wonder if it’s good for Megan to be alone with him.”

“She’ll be fine,” Janine said. “I’ve told her all she needs to know about him.”

“But he can be really persuasive when he’s horny.”

“How do you know? Personal experience?” Janine asked innocently.

“In your wet dreams.”

Janine laughed. “Only sometimes. Usually it’s you and Jay.”

Zacky shot her a disgusted look, making her laugh harder. “I’m kidding!”

“You’d better be.”

“I am,” she assured him. “And don’t worry about Megan,” she added. “She’s a smart girl.”

Zacky pitched his cigarette out the window and stood. He crossed the room, climbing onto the bed with Janine. “I’m only worried because I know how much she means to you.”

“That’s sweet, Vengeance.”

Zacky shrugged. “What can I say? I’m a man in love.”

Janine smiled.

“Ready for bed?” he questioned.

Janine nodded. She removed the towel from her hair and brushed out the tangles, then crawled under the sheets with Zacky. He slid his arms around her and placed his hands on her stomach, just like he had every night since she’d told him she was pregnant six months ago.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you read the summary, you already know why Megan is in Alabama. The story begins with her first day out with Brian. There will be more background information on the situation later.

Yes, it is unrealistic that they would be in Alabama and going to football games, but I wrote this story during football season. So...this is where my mind took me.

I have posted this story before, on Myspace. If it seems familiar to you, that's probably why.

Read, comment, and subscribe. The more comments I get, the faster I'll update.