Sequel: Our Day Will Come
Status: Finished...and the sequel has begun.

Womanizer

VII.

“Hi, guys,” Brian greeted when he arrived at Janine and Zacky’s on Friday.

“Hey, man,” Zacky returned. Janine simply waved.

“Where’s—“ Brian broke off as both Janine and Zacky pointed toward the stairs.

Brian ascended to the second floor. Megan’s room was easy to find. The door was open and Atreyu was blasting at a deafening volume.

Brian stopped at the threshold, leaning against the doorframe. Megan was dancing around, singing along with “Blow.” She’d dyed her hair crimson, and she was obviously fresh from the shower; her hair was still wet and she was only wearing a black wifebeater and tiny black boyshorts.

Brian couldn’t help noticing she had a nice ass and great legs. She suddenly turned around. Her eyes widened. “Brian!” she shrieked. “Get out!”

“Technically, I’m not in.”

She narrowed her eyes. “Don’t get smart.”

“I’m not,” he said innocently.

“Bri, seriously, I’m half-naked.”

“I’m not offended.”

Megan rolled her eyes.

“My feelings are hurt, though,” Brian commented.

Megan lowered the volume of her CD player. “Why?”

“You obviously like Atreyu more than us.”

“They’re sweeter.” Megan opened her chest-of-drawers and pulled out a pair of pajama pants.

“Who cares about personality? We’re more talented, not to mention way hotter.”

Megan pulled on the pajama pants. “Spoken like a true stupid, immature, diva whore.” She grabbed a brush and started working it through the tangles in her hair. “So, did you talk to Veronica yet?”

Brian nodded. “Yep. She accused me of cheating on her with you and I told her it wouldn’t be cheating because I’m not taken.”

Megan gave him a look. “What exactly did you say to her?”

Brian hesitated. For some reason, repeating the words to Megan was much harder than saying them to Veronica had been.

“Bri, what did you say?” Megan asked wearily, knowing it was going to be bad.

“’It was just sex. Get over it.’”

Megan shook her head. “Well, we’ve found something that you suck at.”

“I don’t ever get in relationships, so I don’t ever end relationships.”

“That would explain why you’re a whore. You find it easier to say ‘thanks for the good time’ than ‘I’m sorry, I don’t feel the same’.”

Brian shrugged. “Pretty much.”

“Surely you’ve been in at least one serious relationship. Didn’t you date in high school?”

“Not really,” he replied. “I was too busy getting great at guitar.”

Megan perched on the edge of her bed, looking at him curiously. “You’ve never had a girlfriend?”

“One.” Brian approached the bed and sat beside her. “We were together for three years.”

Megan raised her eyebrows. “Wow. What happened?”

“She met someone else and left me.”

Megan had plenty of cracks; yet, for some reason, she kept them to herself.

Brian looked at her. “No witty remarks?”

“I’ll let you have this one free, but next time, you won’t get off so easy.”

“Gee, you’re so kind.”

Megan flipped him off.

Brian couldn’t help himself. He had to say it. “You shouldn’t have put those pants on if you were going to make that offer.”

“Get out.”

“I’m sorry. I couldn’t—“

She smacked him on the shoulder with her brush. “Get out!”

“Ow!” Brian faked a pout. “Abusive bitch.”

“Whiny brat. Get out!”

“I’m going, I’m going!” Brian stood and headed for the door. He glanced back once and would’ve sworn Megan was checking out his ass.

**********

The next day, before they left town to go to Tuscaloosa, Brian took Megan to a house less than ten minutes from Zacky and Janine’s.

Megan looked at him questioningly. “What are we doing here?”

“This is the place I’m thinking about renting.” He dug a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket. “I told the guy I’d let him know by Monday. He’s a fan, so I get the house even if someone else makes an offer before then.”

Megan stared through the windshield at the small house. “Are you really going to do this?”

Brian lit a cigarette. “Yeah. Unless you don’t want me to.”

Megan shrugged. “It’s your money.”

“It’s cheaper than flying back and forth, renting a car, and paying for gas to and from Tuscaloosa every weekend.”

“Why don’t you just stay with us for the rest of the season?”

“I’d drive Janine crazy. Besides, Zack and I see each other enough as it is. We don’t need to be in such close proximity during our time off.”

Megan didn’t say anything. She wasn’t sure how she felt about him being so near. She wasn’t sure how she felt about him in general.

“Megan, if you don’t want—“

“Bri, it’s totally up to you.”

Brian studied her face for several seconds, then nodded. “Okay. I’m gonna do it.” He pitched his cigarette out the window and started the car. “So, who’s Bama playing today?"

“Western Kentucky.”

“Who?”

Megan giggled. “Exactly.”

“When are they going to start playing teams that matter?”

“Clemson mattered. They were ranked number nine.”

Brian shot her a sidelong glance. “You know what I mean.”

“We play Arkansas next week,” Megan informed him. “And Georgia the week after that.”

“Thank God! I’m so ready for some good football.”

Megan glared. Brian chuckled. “You’re cute when your feathers are ruffled.”

“Yeah? Well, fuck you. If Alabama football isn’t good football, why do you keep coming to the games?”

Brian hesitated. The real answer was one he wasn’t willing to admit, even to himself. “Because even bad football is better than no football,” he said finally.

“I think you just want to check out the cheerleaders.”

Brian smirked. “Maybe. That one girl has huge—“

“Stop!” Megan covered her ears, giving him a disgusted look.

“What?”

“You know what.”

“I was going to say feet.”

“Mmhmm,” Megan mumbled disbelievingly.

“You know, you have very nice—“

“Brian,” Megan said warningly.

“—feet.” Brian flashed her a cheeky grin.

Megan rolled her eyes. “Just drive, pretty boy.” She cranked up the volume of Shinedown’s “Devour” and Brian’s lips twitched as he fought back an amused smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another kinda short one. As I mentioned, I've previously posted this elsewhere. I'm trying to find a better way to divide it up so that you guys can have longer chapters, but it's just not working. The chapters have to end where they do or one of two things would happen: either it wouldn't make sense, or y'all would have a hell of a lot of cliffhangers. LOL.

Special thanks to:

MochaXtacy
Something Synyster
Vixyn Of Shadows
SevenfoldGirl
a.rebel.in.love.97

More comments = faster updates