Sequel: To Eternity
Status: Working on...

Savage Hearts

Inquisition.

Jon woke up with the sun shining directly in his eyes. He looked over to the other side of the bed to see that Lila had already gotten up and the clock read 10:26. Jon groaned as he got up, throwing on a pair of basketball shorts and a Blackhawks t-shirt.

He looked down the hallway unsure which way they had come the night before. He still couldn’t believe that only one family lived in this house. He took a lucky guess and went left before finding the steps and headed down. Once making it to the ground floor he only needed to follow the smells to find where his girlfriend was.

“Morning babe, you hungry?” Lila smiled, she was wearing a pair of cutoff overalls with a bandeau bra underneath a splotch of flour rested on her cheek and her hair was in a high ponytail.

“Starving, where did you get those clothes?” Jon asked as he stood next to Lila watching her flip pancakes.

“They were in my closet, they’re my southern hick clothes, you are now seeing the real me.” She grinned before placing the last of the pancakes on a plate and walking over to a kitchen table in a glass breakfast nook.

“I guess it’s cute, but you’d look cute in anything.” He wrapped his arms around her waist and gave her a kiss.

“Well aren’t you two just the most adorable things this side of the Mississippi?” A woman who looked similar to Lila came in with a basket of peaches. “Well if it isn’t the boy who actually tamed my daughter, Jonathan dear it’s great to finally meet such a brave and strong mad.” The woman came up kissing his cheek and giving him a strong embrace.

“Nice to meet you too, Mrs. Carter.”

“Oh sweetie, just call me Robin.” She hugged him again.

“Okay mom now that you met him you can stop feeling him up and sit down for breakfast.” Lila rolled her eyes before sitting down, waiting for a beet red Jon to sit next to her.

“Oh hush, he is just so adorable how could you be hiding him from us for so long?” Her mother smiled while taking a seat and grabbing some pancakes.

“Well because we didn’t get along for my entire adolescence.”

“You’re such a drama queen Lila Bird,” her mother scolded.

“Speaking of queens, my baby sister Melissa has awoken from her beauty sleep. How is the love of my life and junior Miss. Georgia?” Lila jumped up and hugged her sleepy looking little sister who shoved her away.

“Jesus Lila, get off you freak.” She groaned as she sat rubbed her eyes and sat in her usual place. “Oh dear lord.” She jumped up noticing that she sat on the large hockey player who was in her seat. “I’m sorry, why didn’t you guys tell my Lila was coming with her boyfriend? Now I’m not wearing enough clothes.” She tried to pull down the very short sleeping shorts to cover more.

“But you look sexy baby sis,” Lila slapped her butt and then sat on Jon’s lap to give Melissa her seat. “You also look a tad hungover slut.”

“Well look who’s calling the kettle black.” Robin laughed.

“So this is your boyfriend Lila? Nice to meet you I’m Melissa, its good to know someone so handsome is getting the most eligible girl from Jonesboro.”

“Does everyone have to hit on my boyfriend?”

“Well date less attractive guys and maybe you will. Are you guys excited for the gala tonight, Jonny boy will get to meet daddy!”

“Oh darling, I forgot to tell you, the annual MLB gala is happening with all the owners, I have a dress for you already and I got Jon’s measurements so there’s a tux for him, but if you really can’t stand to go I won’t force you. But your father would love to see you, he is leaving Georgia tomorrow afternoon.” Robin explained.

“You have Jon’s measurements? God, you are so creepy mom. But I guess we can go, I’m going to take him to the creek before we have to get fancy and suffer.” She smiled before taking the last bite of her breakfast and taking Jon’s hand and leading him outside.

“I like your family.” Jon laughed as they walked outside.

“Of course you do asshole. I guess they’re alright.”

“You are all like the same person.”

“You take that back right now, my mom and sister and I share a sense of humor but I’m the black sheep because I’m not some glamorous pageant queen.”

“I’m really embarrassed I called your mom Mrs. Carter, I mean your parents aren’t together.” He groaned as they sat down at the bank of the creek dipping their feet in the cool water.

“My parents aren’t actually divorced, they’re just separated so technically you’re not wrong for calling her Mrs. Carter. That’s why we don’t really get along because they tore my family apart but couldn’t seem to let go. It just pisses me off and will make tonight super awkward.”

“Well I’m still glad to be here and get to meet your family.” He leaned over and kissed her cheek.

“Okay you weirdo, how about we have some classic southern fun and go skinny dipping.”

“In broad daylight?”

“Of course, this is a private residence and its always more fun when you can get caught.” Lila grinned before kissing Jon’s lips and letting her overalls drop. She removed her panties and bra before jumping in. “Just be careful for crawdads.”

~~~~~~~~

“What’s wrong Jonny?” Lila asked as Jon placed his head on her chest. She rubbed his hair as he put his phone aside.

“I have to go to some NHLPA meetings next week, we have to discuss the new CBA.”

“Well I’m always fine with cutting this vacation short. But I’ll let you drink as much as you want tonight so you can feel better.”

“I don’t want to drink a lot when I first meet your dad.”

“It will be okay, my mom is a borderline alcoholic and he knows I’m a lightweight, so he won’t even notice.” Lila smiled before getting up to put on her dress.

Jon stood up to put on the suit Lila’s mom had set out for him. Once he had his shirt and pants on Lila had come up to him and asked him to zip up her back. When she turned around his mouth dropped as he saw his girlfriend.

“You look gorgeous.” The long black dress hugged her curves in all the right places.

“Thanks you look pretty sexy yourself, my mom did well for both of us. How creepy. Let’s go get this night over with.”

Once the family had arrived at the party, Robin and Lila’s grandparent were swept away by eager visitors leavin Lila, Jon, and Melissa standing awkwardly. A waiter came by and all three grabbed an appetizer and glass of champagne.

“Melissa you’re not old enough to be drinking that, no matter how old and mature you look in that dress.”

“Whatever we all know you used to come to these things just to get wasted and embarrass mom and dad. Besides this will take the edge off once everyone and their mother here with start asking me about pageants and where I want to go to college.” Before Lila could make a comment her younger sister was whisked away by a group of wives.

“I guess that is our cue to find daddy, so I can introduce you and then we can sneak off and make out on a balcony or something.”

“Sounds good.” Jon answered and placed his hand on the small of Lila’s back as they walked towards a group of men.

“Lila, sweetheart, it’s so great to see you.” A man smiled widely and hugged and kissed Lila.

“Hello Mr. Carter, it’s nice to finally meet you sir.” Jon smiled holding out his hand.

“Nice to meet you too Jon, good handshake but you seem a little polite for Lila. That’s good she needs someone serious to keep her grounded if she ever wants to own a baseball team.”

‘Thanks daddy.”

“You’re welcome baby girl, now how about you go find your grandma and let us men talk for a bit.” Lila rolled her eyes, kissed Jon and left.

“I’m going to be honest Jon, I like you already. I know this may seem blunt but I’m not very protective of Lila, she’s the toughest girl I know and I’m not a protective father over her, and if she’s kept you around this long it must mean something.”

“I fell like I do, I love her a lot.”

“And you’re keeping her away from the drugs and alcohol? She used to have some problems.”

“Yes sir, I’m taking care of your daughter.”

“Michael are you interrogating this poor boy? He’s good seed you should be proud Lila roped a guy like this, he’s way too good for her.” Jon gave a strained smile to Lila’s mother.

“I’m telling him I like him Robin. He seems put together, Just what our little rotten peach needs.”

“Um, well since I have both of you here, these may seem forward since this is our first meeting, but I love Lila so much and I wanted to ask you for permission to marry her.”

“Oh bless my southern heart, you’re asking for her hand? You are just a blessing for this ole southern Belle. Of course you can marry her dear!” Robin exclaimed embracing Jon.

“I don’t see why not son, she seems happy and if she didn’t want you, you wouldn’t be here. This isn’t because she’s pregnant though and going to ruin your hockey image is it?”

“No! No sir, I just love her and want to spend the rest of my life with her, she’s the most important part of my life.”

“Oh dear, that’s wonderful, when are you going to ask, I want to hear wedding bells soon.”

“I’m thinking when we’re back in Chicago.”

“Good, but remember be persistent if she gets nervous, it’s just Lila’s way always has been, she doesn’t like to conform. But the way she looked at you in that time I saw you, I don’t think you have to worry, I think you already have her wrapped around her finger. But remember she may be able to take of herself, but that doesn’t mean I won’t send some Cubs on you if you destroy whatever faiths she has left in love.” Michael said patting his shoulder.

“Yes sir, I wouldn’t dream of it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I didn't proofread but I really wanted to get this out in honor of my finals being over!

Comments would be amazing I'd love to hear what some of my silent readers think at this point as well as my more vocal readers!