Sequel: To Eternity
Status: Working on...

Savage Hearts

Gown.

The summer went by in flash for Lila and Jon. Their days were filled with wedding plans, Stanley Cup parties, Olympic camp, and endless travel between Chicago, Georgia, and Winnipeg. The summer flew by and did not feel as relaxing as the two may have hoped. Now it was October and the season was underway.

“Honey, can you give me your mom’s number I can’t find it in my phone,” Lila called out.

Jon walked out looking tired and groggy, he had just come home from practice and wanted to take a nap.

“Why?”

“Well I’m going dress shopping soon I wanted to invite her. She doesn’t have a daughter so she won’t really get this experience otherwise; I just thought I’d ask we’re going to New York to shop when you’re down in Florida.”

“That’s nice Li, she’ll really like that,” he kissed her head and handed her his phone so she could find the number.

“Now I’m going to take a nap if you’d like to join?”

“Is it a real nap or you say it’s a nap and when I come in you tackle me on the bed and try and seduce me.”

“I’m too tired for the second one,” he rolled his eyes before going into the bedroom.

Lila made the call to Jon’s mom and smiled brightly when her future mother-in-law said she would love to come down too. Lila couldn’t stop smiling as she entered their bedroom and saw Jon passed out, not even bothering to take of his clothes. She tiptoed a little closer to the bed before jumping on her fiancé.

“I thought you didn’t want this to happen?” Jon groaned as he turned over placing Lila on the bed next to him.

“No, I didn’t want you to do this to me, I can do it to you.”

“Did you talk to my mom?”

“Yeah I’ve already booked her ticket from Winnipeg to NYC and she’ll stay in a suite with my mom and sister.”

“Who else will be there?”

“My mom, Lindsey, and Mara.”

“What about your sister?”

“She’s college girl now she has no time for dress shopping and she already got her bridesmaid dress so she’s willing to sit out more dress shopping and attend class instead.”

“So you leave tomorrow?”

“Right after you do,”

“Do I get a parting gift?” Lila gave an incredulous look, “I always give you one.”

“I thought you were napping,”

“I’m wide awake now,” Lila rolled her eyes but goes to take off her shirt and bra anyway.

It doesn’t take long for the rest of their clothes to be gone and to get Jon riled up. Lila smiles down at Jon before lowering herself onto him, he lets out a groan and involuntarily bucks his hips.

Jon began to grind against her quickly but Lila reached down and placed a hand on his chest to stop him. She swiveled her hips in a circular motion prolonging their pleasure. It was unbearably slow but the pace led to a slow build that warmed both their insides until they had to burst. They let go and collapsed next to each other.

“Wow,” Jon sighed.

“It feels like we haven’t done that in a while,”

“It is hockey season,”

“I guess I’ll just have to leave more and give you the parting gifts,” Lila giggled.

“I won’t object,” Jon chuckled before kissing her sweetly on the lips.

~~~~~~~~

“Mom I’m at baggage claim… yes I’m sure… I can’t find you… Mara is with me already, she was able to find baggage claim… Andree lands in 10 minutes… Oh I see you guys, turn left… I meant to my left… I’m waving,” She hung up once she caught the attention of her mother and Lindsey.

“I never thought I’d get to go on a wedding dress shopping trip with you,” her mother hugged her tightly.

“Thanks for bringing that up yet again,” she frowned before turning to her maid of honor, “Linds you’re so tan, the south look good on you. And you’re sure it’s okay you’re missing school? It is a new job.”

“It’s fine, it’s one Friday and I’m maybe sort of dating someone on the school board so I got some connections.” Lindsey grinned.

“No way how come I haven’t heard about this boy, you can’t always hide your boys from me.”

“I wanted to wait and tell you until it was more than a casual thing it just so happens this trip aligned perfectly with that landmark.” Lila was about to respond when she saw her future mother-in-law and called out.

“It looks like we have to leave, but we need details later girl,” Mara laughed as they made their way to the hotel.

Once all the ladies were settled the mothers decided to spend sometime at the spa while the girls went to get a drink in the hotel bar and gossip.

“SO that’s how I met my southern gentlemen and now we are dating.” Lindsey laughed explaining her new boyfriend.

“That’s so cute I’m glad you found a guy like that,” Lila gushed, “so Mara has something similar happened to you? Can I expect you to have a date at my wedding, or are you stag forever?”

“Actually, it’s a possibility. I’ve fallen into the trap that is sleeping exclusively with one lady.”

“Well at least you can’t get pregnant because that ends to ruin those exclusive arrangement,” Lindsey muttered bitterly.

Lila ignored the comment and her urge to pry more about the Patrick thing that happened over the summer and instead changed the subject to the all-important nuptials.

~~~~~~~~

“And I was expecting Kleinfelds or some shit, rich girl,” Mara commented as they walked into the eclectic wedding boutique.

“You’ve spent enough time with Lila to know she wouldn’t even let me think about making an appointment there,” her mother laughed as a sales associate led them to the small sitting room to talk about what Lila was looing for.

“So do you have any idea what you want?”

“I didn’t really grow up imagining my wedding so I am a little lost, but I know something a little different and no way in hell am I wearing a ball gown.”

“You don’t want to relive the debutante days?” Lindsey laughed.

“No way in hell.”

“Well why don’t you all look around and point out what you like and will start having try stuff on.”

After looking around for a bit there was a large pile of wedding dresses. Lila quickly vetoed all the Southern Belle ones her mother and Lindsey picked out although she would admit she like some of the lacy backed dresses they had picked out.

The first dress she tried on was Mara’s choice and she walked out to a chorus of groans.

“Nice try Mara I want to be sexy but I also want my boobs to sort of be in my dress.” She laughed as she tried to keep her breasts from falling out.

Ten dresses later and Lila began to get frustrated thinking she wasn’t going to find the dress. Even though she wasn’t the wedding type she still longed to find the dress she fell in love with and knew was right, not just one of the dresses she thought looked good on her.

She began to try on another dress a diaphanous piece that she was told was older than her. She felt a spark when put it on. She smoothed it out before strolling out of the dressing room giving a little spin to the group.

“How do you like that one?” Lindsey asked.

“I love it, I think I look beautiful in it.”

“Sweetie, you look stunning, but I just think that’s too sophisticated for you,”

“Excuse me,” Lila got defensive.

“I think your mother means you look great but it’s just too matronly for you, too tame. Sure it’s this simple elegance but sweetie let’s be real that’s not your style.”

“But I just feel like it’s my wedding style because a wedding is different than just any day.”

“Lila, this may be beautiful but even on your wedding you should be truly yourself. The whole day is about celebrating someone who loves you for everything you are and so you need to embody that,” Andree gave a light smile as Lila gave a frustrated sigh.

“Lila Bird just go try on a few more dresses, you don’t have to find a dress today if it doesn’t feel right, but listen Andree she’s telling you the truth,” Robin assured her daughter who turned around to change again.

She slipped on the one of the last dresses. It hugged her body perfectly and partially backless with an intricate lace pattern filling the back and trimming the bottom. She inhaled sharply once she took herself completely in. Tears pricked her eyes as she pictured herself standing next Jon, she felt emotionally out of character but she felt this had to be the one.

She walked out to her group to hear the gasps of all the women. Lila stood in front of them trying to hold back the tears as she beamed ear from ear. Her mother and Andree began to cry at the sight, even Mara and Lindsey seemed to be getting glassy eyed.

“That’s the one baby, that’s the only Lila Bird I ever want to see walk down an aisle,” her mother sobbed.

“Oh Cherie, thank you so much for letting me see what it’s like to have such a breathtaking daughter.”

“You guys don’t think the back might be too sexy?”

“Girl you look sexy 24/7 a dress isn’t going to make much a difference,” Mara grinned.

“Li, you’re the perfect combo of beautiful and sexy, it’s so unconventional and Lila you have to get it.”

Lila gave a little fist pump of success and the group got up to each give hugs and kisses.

Lila turned to look in the mirror as she hugged some of the most important women of her life, and she couldn’t stop from crying some of the happiest tears of her life. Half for the beautiful moment and feelings she was having and half for the amazing life that was awaiting her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Moving right along… sorry for the wait but you know how life is.
Hope to hear some love and thoughts, and here for those who are into that kind of thing is the dress, I was going to make everyone wait so you were like Jon but it's fun to be ahead of the game.