Status: In the works. Looking for lots of comments

Look for You

Chapter 7

A pillow met my back as I slept. I rubbed my eyes and turned over to face a pissed off Jimmie. “What the fuck is wrong with you?” She screamed, Louis sat up in bed and looked over at us. Jimmie gave him a quick warning glare.

“What?” I asked, completely confused.

“Don’t ‘what’ me, Styles. How dare you go to my house at 4 in the morning? You know it’s rude?” She placed her hands on her hips; I finally noticed she was in a pair of Niall’s shorts and one of his t-shirts.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes again, “I thought it was romantic.” Jimmie’s glare grew. “Sorry.” I threw my hands up in defeat and climbed out of bed. I pulled on a pair of pants and walked down the stairs. Niall looked at me for a moment, but didn’t say anything.

So it was wrong of me to barge in on her like that, rude to kiss her…but she liked it. I could tell. If I wasn’t such an idiot, I wouldn’t have dumped the coffee. Things would be different right now. But I knew I was in the wrong, I shouldn’t have left last night. Louis came down stairs and sat down beside me, asking me what that scene in the bedroom was about. I refused to answer him, but Jimmie smiled and told him the whole deal.

Louis laughed and patted me on the back, “Poor guy.” I quickly left, feeling embarrassed, besides, I had work soon. I dressed myself and looked in the mirror. My hair was sort of flat, but nothing a little ruffling couldn’t fix, my eyes moved down to my lips. I licked them quickly, almost tasting Issy on them. I shook my head and walked out of the bathroom.

I met Louis downstairs and walked with him to the car, he drove. Morning Coffee Rush was killer this morning. It seemed like more people came than ever before. Lunch was quick though. I found myself gazing over at a child’s birthday party in the park a lot. It was then I remembered the crying coming from upstairs before Isabella locked me out.

As I watched the children play, I noticed a couple of familiar faces. Jimmie and Niall stood with Issy as she snapped photos. My heart jumped as I watched her long brown hair fall freely down her back. She wore a darker top than usual, but white shorts. I turned to Louis, “Dude, please cover for me.” He gave me an odd look, so I explained further, “I need to apologize to Issy.” He nodded.

I quickly pulled off my apron and ran out the door. I avoided traffic and rushed across the street. I didn’t call out to her, in fear that she would leave. But I moved quickly to where she stood, her Nikon in hand. When I finally reached her, panic filled her eyes. “I am so sorry about last night.”

“You told me that this morning.” I ran my fingers through my hair and gazed at her.

“Yeah, I meant sorry about this morning. I just couldn’t take it any longer. I really like you.”

Isabella sighed and shook her head, “It’s not going to work, Curly.” She said; I felt my heart nearly breaking. “There’s more to me than what you see.”

“I can take that. I can do this; I am willing to do anything.” I argued. But Issy laughed.

“You don’t understand; you really need to leave now.”

I turned to see a little girl moving toward us, she wore a pink dress and matching TOMS. Her strawberry blonde hair fell in little curls down her back. Her grayish eyes sparkled as she grabbed Issy’s hand. “Momma, food?” Bells looked at me, embarrassment covered her face, but she knelt down and smiled at her daughter.

Shock flooded me, I knew there was crying last night, but not once did I think she had a daughter. “Faelyn, baby. We are cutting your cake in a bit. Don’t you want that?” Faelyn smiled brightly and nodded, quickly running off.

“She’s beautiful, looks a lot like you.” I smiled weakly, but Issy sighed.

She rubbed the back of her neck lightly and started to turn, “My daughter is the most important thing to me, and I am not letting anyone hurt her again. Please go.” She walked away. I stood there hopeless. But an idea hit me almost instantly.

I ran back across the street and into the café. Louis stood there watching me, I grabbed his keys from the back and rushed out, the words, “But you have work!” followed me, I didn’t stop.

I drove downtown to were Liam worked. I rushed in the store and found him opening boxes. “I need your help.”
He nearly jumped out of his skin but turned to me, “Issy’s daughter’s birthday is today….”

“I know.” I looked at him.

“You know? You know and didn’t tell me?” I clenched my fists and sighed, that wasn’t the point now. I bit my lip and took a deep breath. “Anyway, I need to get her something; I need to prove I want to be with Issy.”

Liam gave me a worried look at first, but pulled a doll out of the box he was standing over. “They just came out; no one else has it yet.” I smiled brightly and looked at the little plastic toy. She had the same hair as Faelyn and it seemed near perfect. I hugged Liam quickly and hurried to pay.

I stopped at another store and got wrapping paper. I wrapped the doll and hurried back to the park. Issy nearly slapped me as I strolled up to the picnic table. I caught my breath as I placed the gift in front of the tiny girl. Issy grabbed my arm and pulled me away. “I told you to leave.”

An excited scream came from behind us as Fae rushed to hug my leg. I smiled at the girl and turned to Issy, her eyes dug into my soul (at least it felt like they did.) “You got her a 50 dollar doll?” She didn’t look at me, “You bought my 2 year old, who you’ve never met, a doll that isn’t even in stores?”

“They came out today, Liam was putting them up, he suggested it.” I tried to get her to look at me, but she moved her head to look down.

“Why would you do that?”

“Because I really like you, I told you this. Issy, I may only be 18, but so are you. We had something in that kitchen this morning. I could feel it. I may not know much about kids, but I have a sister and it can’t be much different. She was little once too.” Issy looked at me finally, “I’m willing to try if you are.”

Tears started forming, clouding her beautiful blue eyes, “I can’t let another man run out of her life, Harry, I can’t do that to her.”

I ran my thumb over the spot her tears fell. I smiled lightly and lifted her chin, “No matter what happens, I won’t just abandon her. She seems amazing, Is.” Her eyes scanned mine. “I promise you, I won’t hurt her or you.”

She backed out of my reach and nodded. “Fine, I’ll give it a try, but I can’t promise you anything.” I smiled.

“You don’t know how happy this makes me.” I looked over at Fae, who was watching Niall fight with the dolls box. “Let me take you on a real date, tonight.”

Isabella nodded and turned to head back to the party. I mentally screamed triumphantly and ran back to work, a pissed Louis stood there with a smile on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally, Harry knows why she was pulling away and they agreed to a first date!
Excitement!
Thank you for those who are commenting. I really appreciate it. Those who are reading and enjoying it as well, please leave me something. Comment, I really do love to see what people think, good or bad.

Issy and Fae's Party Looks