Room 115

Recommendation

I walked into English class the next morning and before I could even get to my seat Mrs. Conner called my over. “How did it go yesterday?” she asked. “No amount of extra credit will get me back in the class room for another three hours to listen to bullshit spill out his lips of how unfair school is. He wasn’t even trying. The kid is hopeless Mrs. Conner” I said. “I know. But please. You can’t give up Marley. The entire staff is on my ass about him passing.” She said. I blinked slightly at her words but it made me smile. “Please for me will you just try?” she asked. “That’s not fair! You know your my favorite teacher! You are using it to your advantage” I said. She smiled and nodded “I am yes. But please” I groaned slightly. “Fine. On one condition” I can’t believe I was making a deal with my teacher to tutor the untutorable. I don’t think that is a word.

“And what would that be Marley?” she asked with a smiled. “Will you write me a letter of recommendation?” I asked. She smiled “I can do that. But you are a junior Marley. You still have a year to go” I nodded “I know. But they have a writing class at the University. I talked to the Dean last weekend. If I get a really good recommendation they said they will accept me into some classes early. Like a jumpstart on my degree” I said. She smiled “Always a head of the game. But yes, I will write you one” I smiled “Thanks” she nodded and I walked over to my seat and sat down. “And I moved Ethan’s set next to yours” she said.

I slammed me head on the desk.

She shook her head slightly and I pulled my stuff out of my bag and set it on my desk before standing up. I walked out of the room and into the bathroom. I straightened out my clothes and ran my hand threw my hair and moved it out of my face. I didn’t want to deal with that fucking kid. But I needed the damn recommendation. I took a deep breath before walking out of the bathroom and back to class. I sat down in my seat and the leaned back. “Marley?” I looked up at Mrs. Conner and she smiled. “Today’s class is simply a review. On material I know you are fully aware of. So if you’d like to work on anything else….” I smiled and nodded “Thanks” she nodded and went back to whatever she was doing. I pulled my iPod out and shoved one of my headphones in my ear and pulled out my notebook.

I didn’t have any homework so I simply attempted to write down idea that Ethan could write about that would not be too much for his tiny little brain. When the bell rang the seat next to me pulled out and I looked over to see Ethan. “About yesterday-“ “Don’t worry about it. Just be in the room after school. Try not to be late this time. I have to work so I’m not staying after 4:30” I said. He nodded and I went back to my notebook toning him out for the rest of the class.
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah i'm bored of this. IT wont be much longer.