Status: In the middle of a gunfight, in the center of a resturant....

Letters to Kelsey

Fourteen

That was the light at the end of the tunnel for us and thank God it worked out well. After Susan and Gerald had left, I went back into the kitchen. I exhaled lightly, noticing the two porcelain dishes lying on the table, untouched. There was also a few dishes left in the sink as well, waiting to be washed and so I cleaned the kitchen, just in time for Scarlett to arrive home. She was already asleep when I grabbed her from Elena’s arms and still in her bathing suit from swimming with Lindsey. Sam haven’t been visiting either—I exspected that of course, but at least, he continued to let Lindsey stay a few nights with me. Elena smiled, coursing Scarlett’s hair from out of her face and gazed at me. Her eyes were gray and had bags underneathe them. Poor woman was exhausted and seemed desprate to get some rest. “Elena,” I replied. “You look so tired.” I pointed out the complete obvious and Elena nodded.

“Honey, I’m just old.” She spat with a scarcastic wave of her wrist. “Scarlett and Lindsey had so much fun with us, they passed out by lunch time.”

“Aww, how sweet. Bless their little hearts.” I chuckled. “When will Lindsey be back over, I want to take them to the art gallary sometime.”

Elena motioned me to sit on the sofa and let her take Scarlett up to her room. I was sitting in the living room alone for a couple of minutes before Elena came back down and sighed heavily. I knew that the stairs was taking a toll on her. Still waiting for Elena reply, I explained to her about when Sam last came over to speak to me. She was ashamed and very disappointed in Sam. More than anything, she just wanted us to all be one happy family. “I’ll speak with him later. Lindsey will be over next weekend, but I won’t be picking her up from Sam’s, Megan will.” She explained. “I have to take George to the hospital.”

“The hospital? What for, Elena?” I asked, my eyebrows furrowed. “Is he alright?”

Elena sighed, a low wimper errupted from her lips before she spoke, ever so softly to me. “He’s been having fevers and coughing a lot. I had him stay in bed for a couple of days now and tried some home remenies.”

“Since when did the fevers start? Maybe it’s just another cold, may I say.”

“Oh honey, it’s been a few days and he hasn’t gotten any better.” She said as she looked away from me. “But I have hope, honey. Don’t you worry ‘bout that.”

I didn’t budge any further, but I was still worried. Elena looked back at me and flashed a warming grin across her full red lips. “How’ve you been? You look a bit beaten up, did you fall on your face?” She asked, curious, touching the side of my face and my jawline, where Susan left a handprint. I took Elena’s papery hands and held them by my side. She always felt like a mother to me.
“No, my mother hit me. We gotten into an argument, that’s all. I’m alright, Elena.” I told her as I smiled back at her. “My parents stopped by today and told me that they’re getting re-married. Can you believe it?”

“Really? Weren’t they married when you and Noah had gotten married?”

“No, they both showed up at the wedding together and that was all. But now, they’re back together and they’re leaving for New York.” I explained.

“Well that’s a lot then. I wish the best luck to them.” Elena chuckled. “Are you alright with that though, dear?”

I thought about the question for a moment and then sighed, “Whatever makes them content, I am relieved. They even apologized for not hiding from me and things like that. It surprised me because I never would’ve thought that they would apologize for anything.”

“Isn’t beautiful how those things work? A black heart being so cold and inure for a while, that it forgets to function. When it remembers it gains so much back, all the good things in live; even feelings and becomes wholesome.”

I nodded, a bit unsure as of what she meant by that. “Yes, ma’am.”

“Did you forgive them?”

“I did. I thought about Noah when Susan asked for forgiveness and a chance.” I told her and watched her eyes lid up upon her exhausted face.

“I’m proud of you. You did well, darling.” Elena pressed her lips against my forehead. “You’re so precious, you know that, correct? You’re like a daughter to me. I love you so much.”

“I love you too.” I wrapped my arms around her as I felt tears filling my eyelids. “You’re my second mama, but you knew that.” I heard her laugh, her back vibrated between my fingertips as she did and then, pulled away.

“I’ll always love you, honey.” Elena sniffled and looked at the time. “I should probably get back to the house and check on George. I let him take a nap before I left, I should also call his doctor while I’m at it.”

“Do so, Elena. Call me when you hear back from the doctors, I want to make sure George is alright as well.”

“I will.” She said, lastly before she left. The house was back to its emptiness and silence, allowing me to brood again. Then the phone ranged loudly, shivering every muscle in my body. It was Frank. He was checking up on me and that he was going to the airport late that night. Frank also told me more about New Jersey and how there were little shops there that have the best coffee, and art gallaires. They were all in the city though he said and that he would like to take me. I thought it was pleasant and Frank was being a complete sweetheart. I forgot to tell him about my parents, but at that very moment, it wasn’t important and I didn’t feel the need to bring it about anyways.

“I’m going to miss you, Kelsey.” Frank’s voice was low, almost whispering. “I’ll bring you back something.” I shouldn’t had smiled so damn hard. The last time I smiled that hard was when Noah was alive. It felt perfect. Not in love…well, I wouldn’t call it love anyways—we were only friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks again for reading :) More soon!!
I really hope this doesn't turn almost into a MCR fic :P I do not want that haha

Art is the weapon!
Jazzilyn xoxoxox