‹ Prequel: Ours Now....
Status: I'll start it soon!

Ours Forever....

Thought #18

Thought #18
Sid,
Just one more race to go. I’m itching to get it over with. Today’s my last chance to show the world what I can do for a while. I’ll most likely not race again for well over a year. (Assuming we get pregnant.) Just 200 meters of backstroke left and hopefully, I’ll have medals in everything. I’ve got three gold medals and two silver from this year’s Games so far. Hopefully I can bring home four golds and two silvers.

Shit, it’s racing time. I’ll have to finish this letter later…

Four gold medals and two silvers will be going home with the Crosby family this year! That was probably the race of my life and I couldn’t be more proud. Jesus, it’s been almost an hour and my chest is still heaving a little. I was almost swaying while doing my interviews.

“So how are you feeling right now?” a reporter asked.

I fingered my gold medal. “I’m on Cloud 9. But it’s sort of an out-of-body experience. Part of me is like looking down on everything and is, like, in awe. And then there’s another part of me that just… knew it would happen.”

“You’ve got confidence, that’s for sure,” she nodded.

I blushed. “I guess so, yeah.”

“Let’s watch your medal ceremony here and you can tell us what was going through your mind,” she said picking up a laptop.

“Okay, so I’m just standing there kind of like, ‘Yeah, can I just have my medal now?’. I’m impatient and all that. So now I’m waving and I’m, like, amazed that I did as well as I did this time around. I mean, Beijing was great, but London was better. Performance wise for me, anyway. Oh God,” I blushed even redder. “So now I’m like up in the stands. I guess I had a Michael Phelps moment. But I just really wanted to get to my family and hug my son. Speaking of him, he’s coming towards me right now with Sidney.”

Pat was toddling towards me with his arms outstretched. Scooping him up into my arms, you kissed my forehead.

“So are you happy for her?” the reporter asked you.

“I’m ecstatic. Now I know how she felt watching me play in the Olympics and all the emotions that were going throw her head,” you nodded.

“I feel that way whenever you’re on the ice,” I corrected.

“True,” you laughed.

“So, Rory,” she said turning to me. “Why do you think that people kind of put you and Noah Santa together for everything?”

“Well I can certainly see why,” I began. “I mean, it’s rare that one city produces to successful Olympians for two sports. Even rarer for the same sport. But the fact that we came from the same swimming league and that we swam together in college is practically unheard of.”

“Do you two get along?” she asked knowingly.

I took a deep breath. “I think we know each other too well. You know what I mean? He knows all the bad stuff about me and I know all the bad stuff about him. It’s just a… love-hate kind of thing.”

“Right,” she nodded. “Well, it’s been great talking to you. Congratulations on all your medals and such. I’ll hope to see you again in another four years!”

I did too.

Love You Always,
Rory
♠ ♠ ♠
Just two updates left! But on the bright side, I did just post the first update for Be With Someone, my Janine and Kris story! Go check it out! Let me know what's on your minds, lovelies!