Asper

Escape Rivendell

At that moment I became a new person. I was no longer Asper Crane the long-awaited saviour of the people, I was Asper Rogue, a vengeful being with a hatred for those above her.
Even at my most volitile there was no way i could harm anyone at the temple, but my hatred for them, blooming from deep-seeded issues caused by them, was watered with the death of the mother i had only just met.
I felt rage burning in my eyes, as i watched Ingtia cry, holding the corpse of our mother. I stood, two destructive spells waiting in the wings for the first person i saw. The frost crunched under my shoes, and the icy breeze blew back my brown hair. I was set, striding towards the gate of Rivendell.
The small huts slowly became scarce, as i continued on southbound, for Gorthun, the capital city, to tell of the mages to Ki'Machi. To payback what they'd done to me.
The iron bars faded in through the chilly fog, and i saw a brown lump hunched over by the side of it. I squinted, recognizing the familiar messy hair and imperial wardrobe.
"Veset!" I cried, breaking into a short sprint. I slid down next to him. "Veset what happened?"
"The Orc lord, Ki'Machi sent him, he knows we are here. I got rid of them, but he got me, with his hound." Veset peeled his sleeve up, blood trickling down his arm from a wide gash on his shoulder.
I propped my arm around his shoulder and dragged him to his feet. "Let's get you back to the temple." He nodded in agreement.
And like that the rage was gone. What once had been a roaring fire was now a barely lit match hidden in the reccesses of my stomach, still angry, still vengeful, but now, with seeing Veset injured trying to protect Rivendell, I knew i couldn't betray the town that counted on me so much. Nonetheless, things needed to change.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's not done yet, but feedback?