Status: In Progress

Where We Want to Be

Opening night

“I thought I was on the bus with Lou and the rest of the team?” I asked confused, we all had to be outside the bus lot in the morning to leave on time to get to the first venue on time tonight.  

The tour officially started tonight and we had to get on the road any minute to make the drive less stressful.

“Somehow the bus’s we ordered got mixed up, and we got a smaller bus than we needed. There’s not enough bunks on this one, and the boy have a few extra ones.” Paul noted trying to figure something out on his phone and a stack of papers, “Is that alright with you? You can always find someone to switch with you if you want.”

Sighing I shook my head not wanting to make things worse for him, he looked so stressed, “It’s fine.”
“Knock, knock” I chuckled stepping onto the bus, which already looked like world war three had occurred inside of it.

“Hi” Zayn murmured wrapping his arm around me, “Are you riding with us to the venue?”

“Hi roomie” I grinned placing my duffel bag down, “I’m boarding with you guys according to Paul”

“Just to warn you” Liam pointed at Harry who was lying on the floor, “he likes to walk around naked.”

If it hadn’t been for already previously doing hair and makeup for the boys, my first night of the tour would have been nerve-wracking for me, but it just seemed like any other regular event; except I wouldn’t get to be going home after.

“So you and Zayn?” Lou asked curiously with a grin on her face as we organized the materials, the boys would do a few songs, come back get changed and styled again before going back out there.

Nodding I smiled, “Nothing too exciting, we’re just starting to see each other.”

“I’m happy for you two, I haven’t seen him this happy since his last bird; poor lad was heartbroken when they ended.”

I knew deep down, it was a warning from Lou and I didn’t take it as an offense. You came to love the boys and form a family relationship with all of them; and you’d be damned if someone messed with them.

“Let’s go out for food” Niall insisted after going through three bottles of water once he got off stage.

“Are you guys coming along?” Liam asked Lou and I after everyone else agreed to go on an adventure for food.

Lou declined insisting that she wanted to spend some time with Lux and get to bed, “Sorry, but I’m dead. I’ll see you guys when you get back” I told him, “But bring me back something?”
Zayn kissed my temple, “Do you want me to come with you? The bus can get lonely quickly.”

“It’s fine” I assured him, “I’m just going to get to bed early. You have fun with the boys.”
I wasn’t going to be those clingy and whiney girlfriend’s who insist that their boyfriend drop everything and spend time with her; Zayn and I had social lives before we got together and we could keep it that way now. He deserved to spend some time with the boys, especially after their first night of their tour.

“I’ll see you lads when you get back” Zayn let the guys now, ignoring my attempts of getting him to go out, “I want to spend some time with my girlfriend.”

“Zayn” I pouted, “I don’t mind if you go out with them, really. It’s you first performance of the tour. Go out and have fun.”

He silenced me by pressing his lips against mine, the boys cat calling and whistling behind us until I pulled away breathless.

“Did you not want to spend time with me?” Zayn asked cautiously when we got back to the bus, just laying around, “you seemed determined to get me out with the boys.”

Chuckling I kissed his cheek, “I love spending time with you, but I didn’t want you to think I was being clingy or anything; I know how much you like to go out with the boys.”

“But I like to spend time with you too, and we’re all living on this bus for a while. I’ll get to see them all the time, we won’t get moments like this frequently.” He reasoned, “But I appreciate you wanting me to be with the boys, but you could never be clingy. Your need to be independent shows it.”

I let out a yawn, laying my head on his shoulder, “I was serious about getting to bed early. You’re going to be alone until the boys get back.”

“Cuddling it is” he grinned excitedly, picking me up in a swift motion and walking towards the bunks in the back.

We had decided on bunking arrangements when Paul explained on the bus placement problem, Harry had the bottom bunk, with Louis on top followed by Liam. While directly across from Harry was Niall’s bunk, with Zayn’s on top and mine being directly across from Liam.

Of course, the boys had a maturity of rowdy teenagers, well except for Liam had made sexual jokes for a good while about my bunk being on top of Zayn’s.

“Can I borrow a hoodie?” I murmured after I changed into shorts and a tank top, I knew I had forgotten to pack at least one thing. In the next city I’d stop at some store and buy a hoodie and
whatever else I realized I had forgotten.

“We’ve got food” Niall sang loudly in my ear, only having me push my face further into Zayn’s chest; his arm wrapping tighter around me, “Love birds, get your food or I’m eating it.”
Muttering profanities I pulled away from Zayn and glared at Niall, “It better be good food blondie.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry for the wait! I'm on vacation out of the country and I'm updating through my phone