Status: Just the beginning...

No Idea

Two

"Wooooah, you're hot." A husky voice chuckled behind Rachel as he rubbed up against her backside. She was already regretting coming to this party, this was the fifth guy to come onto her since she got here and to make it worse, Kara had disappeared in the first five minutes of getting there.

"Heeey, duuude. Baaack offfff. She's friends with Kara and Riaaaan." Someone slurred. Rachel turned around to see Jack Barakat grinning drunkenly at her, "Come on, Rachelll. Have something to drink!"

"I already have something, Jack. Thanks though." She smiled faintly.

Jack shook his head and grabbed her arm, leading her into the kitchen, "I was saying that to get you was from Captain douche bag over there."

"Oh, thanks." Rachel giggled as Jack almost fell on top of her, he was so drunk and it wasn’t even that late yet. She could only imagine the hangover he was going to have in the morning. It wasn't going to be pretty, but it sure would be hilarious.

"Now, I have a ladyyyy to woo in the other room." Jack winked as he struggled to stand up straight, "Her name is.... Well I don't know her name yet, but her boobs are huge!"

"Rachel?" A voice said from behind them. She turned around as Jack walked off smirking to see Alex sitting there on the counter, nursing a bottle of beer all by himself.

"Oh, hi Alex." She said nervously before turning around to look for Jack to save her from unnecessary converstation. Unfortunately for her he had already gone to find his huge-boobed mystery woman, "Where's Lisa?"

Alex shrugged and grabbed another beer off the counter, "Probably going home with some other asshole right about now."

"Are you guys not together anymore?" Rachel asked. She hoped he wouldn't misinterpret her statement into thinking that she was interested in him when she clearly wasn’t.

Instead, he just chuckled and ruffled his hair, "No. It's just how our 'relationship' is." He sighed and put quotations around the word relationship, "It's kind of complicated."

Rachel sipped her drink and nodded, “Sounds like a pretty fucked up relationship to me, if you even want to call it that, but don't listen to me that's just my opinion.”

Alex quirked a brow and looked at the girl in front of him and let out a hearty laugh, “Little Miss princess curses? I like this side of you.” He patted the spot next to him on the counter and motioned for her to sit there next to him on the counter. She eyed it skeptically which caused Alex to laugh again, “Come on now, I don’t bite.”

“It’s not your bite I’m worried about.” Rachel raised a brow at him and pursed her lips.

Alex rolled his eyes and opened his arms defensively, “Seriously, Rachel? I’m pretty much the only relatively sober person here beside yourself and you still don’t want to talk to me? I’m crushed, really.”

“Lowering your ego level even just slightly will do you some good, Alex.” Rachel smirked as Alex began to pout. She sighed as she turned around to look for someone else sober enough to talk to, but found no one. Accepting defeat, she sighed and joined him on the counter, popping the top off of another beer that she would desperately need if she was going to spend any quality time talking to Alex Gaskarth.

“You can’t resist me.” Alex winked, “So how have you been enjoying senior year so far?”

Rachel shrugged and took a long swig of her beer ignoring Alex’s piercing gaze, “I’ve been getting by. You seem to be enjoying it though.”

“Hell yeah I have!” Alex raised his bottle in the air as if to toast, but quickly put it down when he realized Rachel wasn’t going to return the gesture, “My band has really started taking off and stuff, so that’s cool.”

Rachel nodded her head and pretended to know what he was talking about, but in reality she had absolutely no idea. She let him continue going on about his band and tried to listen as intently as possible, but the alcohol was already getting to her lightweight body.

“You’ve never come to any of our shows.” Alex said. It was more of an observation than anything, but he sounded slightly upset to Rachel when he spoke, "Most of our grade does, even Kara, but you don't."

“To be honest, I didn’t even know you we’re in a band.” Rachel giggled as she leaned over Alex for an open bottle of vodka. She didn’t notice his shortness of breath as she leaned over his lap to grab it. She smiled at him awkwardly and shrugged her shoulders apologetically as she opened the bottle and took a long swig.

“Looks like I’ll be the only relatively sober person by the end of tonight.” Alex chuckled as he continued to take small sips of his beer.

“Yeah, why aren’t you drinking Alex? I’ve heard you were quite the partier.” Rachel asked as she took another drink. She took the time to scan his features as he looked away from her quickly. She watched his goofy smirk turn into a frown as he blinked away what looked like tears. He cleared his throat and looked back at her with a forced smile.

“I'm, uh, designated driver... yeah, that's why I'm not drinking.” Alex nodded his head as he hopped off the counter. Rachel could tell he was lying to her, since she knew he was staying over since he's friends with Rian, but she didn't push the subject further, “I have to uh… go find Jack and make sure he’s not getting into too much trouble. See you around Rachel.”

“Bye Alex.” Rachel muttered as she watched him walk away. There was something different about Alexander Gaskarth, and she had no idea what it was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment / recommend / subscribe!

- Sommer x